Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2 best teams in the LSC advance to the regional final. Kingsville will be at UT Tyler next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      The 2 best teams in the LSC advance to the regional final. Kingsville will be at UT Tyler next week.
      Tick tock. How many sports are left for Commerce to compete in for D2 this summer before they are officially D1?

Comment

• Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

St. Mary's and LCU are in the driver's seat in their respective regionals.
        For everyone else, its win or go home,
        ETSU off to a good start against OCU
        Angelo and CCU in the other bracket's first elimination game.
        Javelinas will face winner of ETSU and OCU
        UTT will face winner of CCU and Angelo

And not to question Coach Nicholson, but our pitching rotation has really been different in the postseason

During the regular season, our two 14 game winners (Beth and Saidi) combined for 67% of the starts in 51 games and 59% of IP.

In the Postseason, they have 0 starts and just 20% of IP

Might be injuries, but I just don't know. I'm certainly glad we are four deep in the pitching rotation though.

I guess Saidi was well rested. She started all three elimination games and got all three wins, allowing one earned run over 18 2/3 innings
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Tick tock. How many sports are left for Commerce to compete in for D2 this summer before they are officially D1?
          2 more track & field events. Today at WT then the national championship at the end of the month.

Comment

• The Lady Peccaries are doing well against Tyler. Each team has won 1 game and the deciding game is underway. https://lonestarconferencenetwork.com/utt/

Here's the playoff bracket for the rest of the season. https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d2/2022

Comment

• Tyler ends Kingville's season, 6-4 in a game that was closer than the score. The Lady Peccaries had 2 on base at the end, but couldn't get another hit. Still they won 50 games and are an excellent team.

Even though it had no bearing in this game, I do not like the NCAA rules that flip the home and visitor sides. My feeling is the home field belongs to the team that plays there all year. That's known as home field advantage. However tonight Kingsville was the last to bat in Tyler. When I used to come up to Canyon for softball, I really didn't like seeing our team in the visitor's dugout.

It will be interesting to see how Tyler does in the championship series. They are very good, but I don't think they will win it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                Tyler ends Kingville's season, 6-4 in a game that was closer than the score. The Lady Peccaries had 2 on base at the end, but couldn't get another hit. Still they won 50 games and are an excellent team.

Even though it had no bearing in this game, I do not like the NCAA rules that flip the home and visitor sides. My feeling is the home field belongs to the team that plays there all year. That's known as home field advantage. However tonight Kingsville was the last to bat in Tyler. When I used to come up to Canyon for softball, I really didn't like seeing our team in the visitor's dugout.

It will be interesting to see how Tyler does in the championship series. They are very good, but I don't think they will win it all.

Comment

• I noticed Kingsville pulled out the right fielder and added a second shortstop against one left handed batter. I don't remember seeing that before. She got a single anyway.

If she had hit it to right field, she could have turned it into an inside the park home run.

Comment

• CONGRATS to TAMUK on a great season!!!

BIG CONGRATS to UT TYLER on heading to Denver!

GO PATRIOTS! Represent the LSC well.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I noticed Kingsville pulled out the right fielder and added a second shortstop against one left handed batter. I don't remember seeing that before. She got a single anyway.

If she had hit it to right field, she could have turned it into an inside the park home run.

Comment

• I don't think we got burned on it this year.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Tyler, ranked #1 overall, faces 8th ranked CSU Dominican Hills at noon today in game 1 of the Final 8. https://www.ncaa.com/game/6001944

Comment

• UTT trailing 5-0 in the bottom of the 5th.

Comment

• Patriots get one back. Heading to 6th, UTT down 5-1.

Comment

• Scoreless 6th. UTT still trails 5-1 heading to final frame.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X