Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom of the 7th coming up. UTT needs 4 to tie, 5 to win.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• #1 seed UTT goes down to #8 seed CSU-Dominguez Hills 5-1.
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Nerves?
        3 errors lead to 3 of the 5 runs allowed
        10 runners left on base, including 4 in scoring position

Comment

• Tyler scored twice in the bottom of the 7th to win 4-3 and advance to the final four.

Comment

• Rogers is leading Tyler 7-3 in the 5th, but they are currently in rain delay. Both are exceptional teams, but Tyler hasn't been able to stop the Rogers hitters. I think the winner will be the national champion.

Comment

• Rogers ends Tyler's season, 9-3. The Patriots final at bat was ended when their slapper left the batter's box. I had just been thinking about our former slapper who was called out as well last year in the series. I think many slappers get away with that, but they shouldn't.

Comment

• Cal State Dominguez Hills defeats North Georgia TWICE today to face Rogers in the best of 3 tomorrow. CSDH lost to Rogers already 10-2.

Comment

• The finals are underway. https://www.ncaa.com/game/6001958

Comment

• Rogers wins on a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 7th, 6-5. Their pinch hitter was sent in for only the 3rd time for the series. 2 of her at bats have been home runs.

This was a GREAT game!

Comment

• Rogers wins it all in a yawner. CSUDH played a sloppy game, giving up 4 unearned runs in a 6-1 loss. Still they had an amazing season, considering they didn't field a team in 2021.

Congratulations to both teams!

The winning pitcher was 38-4 with a 1.20 ERA for the season.
                      Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-31-2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• The new WT roster is up. We lost 3 players, 1 to graduation, though Sydney Greeson had eligibility left. Cinthia Garcia is gone, a good backup, and one of Mook's NAIA recruits. The other girl really didn't play.

Speaking of that there are a lot of leftovers on the team that rarely played last season. I used to think B overdid the annual cuts, but now I think Mook underdoes them. However both of those guys have won Nattys and I haven't.

We have 5 new players that Mook seems to be excited about - or maybe he just likes their names. When the new freshmen arrive, we will have 2 Emilees, 2 Rubys, and 2 Gabis. What are the odds? I hope some of them can knock the ball over the fence.

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/softball/roster

Comment

• 16 upperclassmen (Jr. - Sr.) Sure hope that means better play and more wins.

The pitching should be good, really need someone to step at shortstop.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Hey WT_TKW! I was researching Mook's 5 new freshmen recruits. Emilee Boyer is really interesting. 6' 185 either/first base. She was chosen the South Dakota HS Softball Player of the Year! I found some stories about her and some videos. Besides being a stellar pitcher, she is a real horse at the plate. Several reports mentioned her ability to knock the cover off the ball. A real power hitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              Hey WT_TKW! I was researching Mook's 5 new freshmen recruits. Emilee Boyer is really interesting. 6' 185 either/first base. She was chosen the South Dakota HS Softball Player of the Year! I found some stories about her and some videos. Besides being a stellar pitcher, she is a real horse at the plate. Several reports mentioned her ability to knock the cover off the ball. A real power hitter.
                              She sounds good. Evidently Mook believes you can't have enough pitchers. The other recruits sound good too. I'm hoping we have a good catcher and short stop coming out of this group.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2021/11/1...ing-class.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X