Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Richie Bruister?

Noticed that the Lions have an interim head coach. No mention of a change anywhere that I can find. What's the story?
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
    Noticed that the Lions have an interim head coach. No mention of a change anywhere that I can find. What's the story?
    Just checked their website and he is still listed as the head coach with no mention of an interim anywhere I could find.

Comment

Not sure where you looked...

Staff Directory - Texas A&M University-Commerce Athletics (lionathletics.com)
      Interim Head Coach [email protected] (903) 468-3255 Texas A&M (1985) Coach_McNutt

Lion Softball faces off against the Best of the Nation in 2022 - Texas A&M University-Commerce Athletics (lionathletics.com)
      "The schedule is designed to push us up in the rankings early, especially in our region," said interim head coach Gay McNutt. "These games are extremely important when it comes to hosting the regional and bumps us up in the national rankings as well."

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Not sure where you looked...

Staff Directory - Texas A&M University-Commerce Athletics (lionathletics.com)
        Interim Head Coach [email protected] (903) 468-3255 Texas A&M (1985) Coach_McNutt

Lion Softball faces off against the Best of the Nation in 2022 - Texas A&M University-Commerce Athletics (lionathletics.com)
        "The schedule is designed to push us up in the rankings early, especially in our region," said interim head coach Gay McNutt. "These games are extremely important when it comes to hosting the regional and bumps us up in the national rankings as well."

I will admit I only looked a couple of places and not in depth. Main place was the TAMUC softball homepage and still has Bruister as the head coach.

It looks like most of the Lion's had already relocated to the FCS message boards to give us the real scoop.

Comment

Now McNutt has left for the Texas Woman's HC position.

Lion Faithgul, is there something going on behind the scenes?

Comment

I think Commerce faithful have moved out of the building and into their new D1 residence. They played their last sporting even in D2.

Comment

Lion Faithful, is there something going on behind the scenes?
              That's where Bruister coached before Commerce.

He's still off the grid.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

That's where Bruister coached before Commerce.

He's still off the grid.
                My 7 seconds of sleuthing located him, still on the grid.

From his Twitter bio:
                Husband. Dad. Athletic Manager for Business and Facilities/Teacher/Head Softball Coach at Commerce ISD. Bruister Boys Guide Service and Custom Hand Tied Jigs

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

My 7 seconds of sleuthing located him, still on the grid.

From his Twitter bio:
                  Husband. Dad. Athletic Manager for Business and Facilities/Teacher/Head Softball Coach at Commerce ISD. Bruister Boys Guide Service and Custom Hand Tied Jigs
                  That must be a recent update. He's not listed anywhere on the CISD website that i could find.

Comment

Not sure what the issue is, but judging by the comments on some twitter feeds something is up. Lots of surprise that McNutt is out. Personally I thought she would be a good transition coach for us. Former all American catcher and national champion at College Station and many years of D1 coaching experience. But what do I know? Nobody asks me.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Not sure what the issue is, but judging by the comments on some twitter feeds something is up. Lots of surprise that McNutt is out. Personally I thought she would be a good transition coach for us. Former all American catcher and national champion at College Station and many years of D1 coaching experience. But what do I know? Nobody asks me.
                      I thought she did a great job.

Any idea why the AD left?

Comment

From the Wayback Archive (before Brian deleted it)

Lucky The Truthful

May 26, 2022 at 6:52 pm

Comment

BTW these are from the comments section on thelionwire

Currently up but soon to be deleted I'm sure.

LaVerne McJuicy

June 10, 2022 at 6:14 pm
                          StillAFormerLion

June 10, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Comment

So thelionwire has already deleted the two posts above. Why is Brian Pate so thin skinned about McMurray?

StillStillAFormerLion

June 10, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Comment

That last one is gone too.

Here's one more from the web archives before it was deleted

Ronald Dawson

May 27, 2022 at 12:52 am

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X