• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how long this one will stay up

Rick Rosenstengle

June 10, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Comment

It's a slow day, but this is kind of fun. Well not really, but it's better than looking at my brokerage statement today.

Comment

Guess Brian got tired of deleting comments he didn't like, so he turned off comments on both of the posts for McMurray.

Comment

This was passed on to me from another LSC poster. Countdown to their deletion 10...9...8...7...6... ... ... ...

Justin Willett II

June 12, 2022 at 8:20 am
          LOL! Got so tired of deleting posts that you turned off the comment section of your Thank You post. I guess this blog only excepts one viewpoint on the Tim McMurray experience at East Texas State University. Reminds me of how the Trump lovers will back that man no matter how many narcissistic actions of his come to light. Your tactic will not work. He was so bad that people are ready to sound off and they want to be heard.

Peace and Love Brian

Comment

3 time LSC-1st teamer, Madison Schaefer is leaving as well. So much for moving to D1 with momentum.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

https://twitter.com/sfa_softball/sta...35316273823748

SFA just announced Richie Bruister as their head coach
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                3 time LSC-1st teamer, Madison Schaefer is leaving as well. So much for moving to D1 with momentum.
                Wow, I wonder if they will have to use walk-ons to field a team? Their new coach, Brittany Miller, sounds like a good choice though.

There were a lot of nice comments about Bruister by other D1 coaches. I wish him the best, and I am thinking he will get along with his new AD a lot better since he also came from Commerce.

Comment

Madison signed with Grand Canyon. McNutt looks to be taking several Commerce players with her to TWU including pitcher Alyssa LeBlanc and catcher Avery Boley.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Wow, I wonder if they will have to use walk-ons to field a team? Their new coach, Brittany Miller, sounds like a good choice though.
                    You serious, Clark?

There's massive turnover in every sport due to the transition to D1. Luckily for us, the portal arrived just in time to drastically speed up the process.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

You serious, Clark?

There's massive turnover in every sport due to the transition to D1. Luckily for us, the portal arrived just in time to drastically speed up the process.
                      The problem is you are basically starting over from scratch. Only two players on the roster with much playing time last year, no pitchers, and just nine players total - that's a lot to try and fill even with the portal-fueled transfer explosion.

Comment

The 2nd problem I have is that I dont give a rats patoot about softball. ;)

In all honesty, most of our rosters are probably going to be starting over from scratch. Thats the way of the transition. There may be bodies carrying over, making it not look like it but few if any will be able to help much in FCS at the level we want to be playing at.

Comment

The 2nd problem I have is that I dont give a rats patoot about softball. ;)
                          Um, this thread is primarily focused on the softball program, though.

Comment

The problem is you are basically starting over from scratch. Only two players on the roster with much playing time last year, no pitchers, and just nine players total - that's a lot to try and fill even with the portal-fueled transfer explosion.
                            LionFan another issue is trying to sell peeps in the portal to play for sh!ts and giggles in all sports their whole career the next 4 years since they are ineligible to play for any championships.

I know several kids that passed up ACU ten years ago for that very reason.

Comment

You serious, Clark?

Isn't it kind of late for the portal? Plus dont expect much from transfers. We got 3 from D1 last year. 1 is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

LionFan another issue is trying to sell peeps in the portal to play for sh!ts and giggles in all sports their whole career the next 4 years since they are ineligible to play for any championships.
                                That's not a definite. There's more than a little smoke appearing that rule may go away.

And if players decide not to come here because of it that's fine and understandable. Although I'm not seeing that to be the case in any way so far. The next four years post season ban isnt even something I as an alum care about. The chances of even qualifying for post season during a transition to an upper level are slim to none anyway. This is a much bigger picture decision to me than whether or not we can go to post season the next four seasons. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Do you think all of the schools who made that decisions years ago look back and think "yeah but we didn't get to go to the playoffs back in the 80s during that 4 years stretch!". No
                                Last edited by LionFan; 07-06-2022, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X