Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New President for TAMUK to be named today.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New President for TAMUK to be named today.

https://www.tamus.edu/regents/wp-con...OR-Meeting.pdf

Here's hoping he/she is a very strong advocate for athletics and sees the needs and moves the ball forward at light speed. TAMUK is sandwiched between UTSA who has a lot of momentum program wide right now and UTRGV which is starting the upward path and in a region hungry for college athletics on the big stage and will be starting football soon. Salinas deserves a lot of credit for what he's done, but he needs the other half of the pie to be fixed to position this school for better success in D2. Or in the future if a jump is necessary, the infrastructure is somewhat in place to get this done and this goes for the entire athletic program. It's going to take a person who can engage on this subject alone and make it it's own priority instead of getting it mumbled in other funding drives. Most of all, someone who will be that squeaky wheel when engaging the mothership like it appears the Presidents at other A&M systems schools have done successfully. Especially the darling in Stephenville.

I heard the new prez is a lesbian cross dresser who hates all male sports.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
      'It' was deferred to the Texas Tech system for their San Angelo campus.

Comment

https://www.tamus.edu/am-kingsville-...ad-alma-mater/

On the face of it the fact he went to school at TAMUK/A&I when football really mattered is a positive. Want to hear more though.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          https://www.tamus.edu/am-kingsville-...ad-alma-mater/

On the face of it the fact he went to school at TAMUK/A&I when football really mattered is a positive. Want to hear more though.
          After what's happened in the GNAC, I really hope he's a football person. Counting UNO from when CWU was in the NCC, that is 4 conference mates to drop football with APU, HSU, and WWU from the GNAC (although WWU could also be NCC too citing those travel costs even when they no longer mattered).

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
            That said, how will it effect football.

Comment

Great news, hope this works out well for TAMK. You guys deserve better than you've had lately.

Comment

https://www.kristv.com/sports/javeli...amuk-president

This is refreshing.

Comment

One thing to chirp about it. Another thing to do and at what costs.

TAMUKCC Islanders could be catchy for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

One thing to chirp about it. Another thing to do and at what costs.

TAMUKCC Islanders could be catchy for you.
                    I agree... But with the last President it wasn't even on his radar . At least publicaly it wasn't.. The last time he spoke to the Mothership Board of Regents, his big thing was wanting to start competive E--games and was asking them BOR for it's blessing to establish this with student fees.

We need to take a page from others like WTAM and lay it all out on the table in a campaign soley focused on athtletic facilty needs and nothing else. The school was able to raise alot of money ($100 Million plus) in a recently concluded campaign, but it was for all sorts of different things and included only a small part for athletics.

I'm just optimistic that we have someone in that office who was a student at A&I/TAMUK and a native of the region who knows what the program meant for the area when it was at it's peak and still has a sizeable base of Alums and other supporters who want to get it back there.

Comment

At least this guy cares about football. You could have done a lot worse (WT did).

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                        At least this guy cares about football. You could have done a lot worse (WT did).
                        Your current President is many time better than our last one. At least you got a new stadium and other athletic facility improvements from him. Our now former really wanted to push the E-Sports thing which only contributes to the lazy habits of our youth....

Comment

Your current President is many time better than our last one. At least you got a new stadium and other athletic facility improvements from him. Our now former really wanted to push the E-Sports thing which only contributes to the lazy habits of our youth....
                          The stadium was a done deal before Wendler ever visited the campus.

I'm more concerned about him telling prospective recruits to go to a JC first. That's not my idea of recruiting, and enrollment is declining.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X