Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WT Women's Athletics - $1.85 Million in Scholarship Endowment.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT Women's Athletics - $1.85 Million in Scholarship Endowment.

On April 26, before a large gathering of friends, WT administration, and Lady Buff athletes, the Judy Fugate Lady Buff Scholarship endowment was announced. It is a $1.85 million legacy gift to the One West comprehensive fundraising campaign.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

This is a great story and a great lady!

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
      This is a great story and a great lady!
      Agree

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
        Hey ASU Pop's - This is what makes Women's Athletics at Wt Special - Now if we had a Football team.
        Of course you know me by now.

I tease. I love to push buttons to get responses. Sometimes people finally catch on and laugh. Other's don't and grow to dislike me immensely....LOL707LOL Both tickle the h3ll out of me.

As you probably have heard. I had a few nieces who were Lady Buffs....and maybe another next season.

So, all my gobbledygook is meant in pure fun.

With that said......maybe Women's Texas A&M University should field an all girls football team. Hey, maybe, just maybe they would FINALLY win without Carthel.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

With that said......maybe Women's Texas A&M University should field an all-girls football team. Hey, maybe, just maybe they would FINALLY win without Carthel.
          Be glad to have more of "your" girls.

The sad thing about football is that there are boosters who can and would like to do the same thing for Wt football.
          Wt just can not put a cohesive program togeather. Many people think it's because the AD doesn't care. I can
          assure you that this is not the case. I have no clue why football is not more successful. I just know that booster
          patience is wearing thin. There are several season ticket holders that are like me. I am not going to continue
          to watch a mediocre team. It's past time to be in the playoffs. That is the standard the other teams are held to,
          why not football?? Even the club sports (bowling) are multiple time (7) National Champions. Football is the front
          porch of the athletic house. Maybe it's time for a remodel.

Comment

The sad thing about football is that there are boosters who can and would like to do the same thing for Wt football.
            Wt just can not put a cohesive program togeather. Many people think it's because the AD doesn't care. I can
            assure you that this is not the case. I have no clue why football is not more successful. I just know that booster
            patience is wearing thin. There are several season ticket holders that are like me. I am not going to continue
            to watch a mediocre team. It's past time to be in the playoffs. That is the standard the other teams are held to,
            why not football?? Even the club sports (bowling) are multiple time (7) National Champions. Football is the front

To be BLUNT.....it's 100% coaching. You DO NOT have a NC caliber HC. You just don't.

Comment

This has been TAMUK football the last decade or so. But at least you got a new stadium. Next to Tarleton, WTAM is # 2 in regard in importance to the mothership. Once they get Tarleton where they want it , they will love you all even more. Tarleton is going to be to the mothership what UTSA is to UT Austin.

Comment

To be BLUNT.....it's 100% coaching. You DO NOT have a NC caliber HC. You just don't.
                IMHO, I view it as a recruiting problem. Which the coach is responsible for. In the past, before Hughs, there were always a few players that the talk
                was, "I wonder if they can play at the next level?" We NEVER hear that said now. There are a few stand-out players, just not enough.
                Wt seems to be too slow and too small.

Comment

WTAMU Men's and Women's track and field won 2022 LSC Championships held at TAMU-Kingsville!

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                    WTAMU Men's and Women's track and field won 2022 LSC Championships held at TAMU-Kingsville!
                    No. 1 West Texas A&M secured its second consecutive Lone Star Conference Outdoor Championship on Saturday highlighted by Benjamin Azamati's dominating performance in the 100-meter dash. WT trailed Texas A&M-Commerce by one point heading into the final day before WT won eight events to lead to the program's second outdoor title. Overall, the Buffs won 10 individual events.

Sifiso Miya grabbed the first victory of the day as the freshman won the long jump with a 25-1.75 (7.66m) mark. Gerard Bryant picked up three points for the Buffs in the Javelina, throwing 164-9.0 (50.23m) to take sixth while Gabe Imery clears 14-7.5 (4.46m) to place sixth.

Butare Rugenerwa finished atop the podium after winning his second consecutive 1,500-meter. The junior stayed with the Top 5 before breaking away in the final 60-meters to cross the line in 4:19.08 to defeat DBU's Noah Metzger. He would return to add another 10 points to the team score after winning the 800 in 1:55.07 to claim his first outdoor 800 victory.

Two Buffs finished in the Top 5 of the 110-meter hurdles with Jahmaal Wilson finishing on the podium. Wilson placed third with a time of 14.19 followed by teammate Christian Marshall in fifth at 14.43.

Junior Quinton Sansing won his first outdoor title after running 47.22 to be crown the 400-meter champion with Malick Diop coming in at 49.43 to take fifth.

WT picked up 17 points in the 100m led by Azamati. The sophomore from Ghana ran 9.86, the fastest all-conditions time in Division II, in the finals to win his second consecutive 100m title, defeating TAMUC's J.T. Smith by .42 seconds. Sifisio Miya placed fifth at 10.70 followed by Desmond Aryee (10.77) and Jalen Purcell (17.26). Azamati returned to the track later in the evening to win his second event of the day, running 20.52 to claim his second 200m title.

The Buffs went 1-2 in the 400m hurdles as Bassem Hemeida finished atop the podium to become the fourth Buff to win the event. Hemeida ran 51.41 to finish just a tenth of a second ahead of teammate William Frobe (51.42).

Innocent Murwanahsyaka and Noah Bundrock finished 1-2 in the 5,000m to pick up 18 points for the Buffs. Murwanashyaka ran 15:28.04 to win the individual event with Bundrock closely behind in 15:28.93.

The Buffs entered the final event of the meet with a 43-point advantage over Angelo State. William Frobe ran the first leg to put WT in a good position before handing the baton to Chance Martelli who kept the pace. Malick Diop ran the third leg who closed the gap to move to first before handing it off to Hemeida who ran 46.29 in the final 400m to capture the final victory for WT.

Lady Buffs

No. 2 West Texas A&M dominated the final day of the Lone Star Conference Outdoor Championships as the Lady Buffs won their second straight team title. The Lady Buffs won with 230 points to claim their second consecutive team title completing the sweep as the indoor and outdoor season champions. Overall, the Lady Buffs combined for 10 individual events over three days of competition.

WT picked up 11 points in the long jump as four Lady Buffs finish in the Top 10 led by Taylor Nelloms. The sophomore from Humble, Texas placed third with a mark of 19-10.25 (6.05m) to finish on the podium followed by Daniela Pesic (5th), Miriam Zanovello (8th), and Hekla Sif Magnusdottir (9th). Joey Zimmerman made a clearance of 11-8.0 (3.56m) to place sixth in the pole vault.

Zada Swoopes became the first Lady Buff to win three individual outdoor events at the same conference meet as the senior was crowed the shot put champion. Swoopes won her third outdoor title on her third throw at 53-10.25 (16.41m), completing the trifecta as the hammer, discus and shotput champion.

The quartet of Jordanae' Scott, Leah Belfield, Alana Wilson and DeOndra Green won WT's second straight 4x100-meter relay as the squad ran 45.53 to defeat Texas A&M-Commerce by 1.29-seconds.

Grace Dwyer finished fourth in the 1,500-meter with a time of 4:48.41 while Jordan Brown was the top finisher in the 400 running 57.22 to place fifth.

The Lady Buffs went 1-2-3 in the 100m to grab 28 points with DeOndra Green finishing atop the podium. The sophomore ran a personal-best and third-fastest time in program history at 11.44 to lead WT followed by Leah Belfield (11.48) and Alana Wilson (11.66).

Eleonora Curtabbi picked up another victory for WT when the junior won her first event of the weekend running 2:11.19 to win the 800m. She would return to the track an hour later to win her second event as she became the third Lady Buff to win the 5,000-meter joining Florance Uwajeneza and Brenda Sindet.

WT secured their team victory after dominating the 200m dash with a clean sweep. The Lady Buffs placed all five sprinters in the Top 5 to total 33 points. Leah Belfield ran 23.65 to finish atop the podium followed by Green (23.94), Wilson (24.24), Jordan Brown (24.51) and Scott (24.60).
                    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-08-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

IMHO, I view it as a recruiting problem. Which the coach is responsible for. In the past, before Hughs, there were always a few players that the talk
                      was, "I wonder if they can play at the next level?" We NEVER hear that said now. There are a few stand-out players, just not enough.
                      Wt seems to be too slow and too small.
                      Does a NC caliber HC have this issue???

Comment

Does a NC caliber HC have this issue???
                        The responsibility of the team ends with the HC. I was just hoping he could take WT to the next level. Clearly, he can not.

Comment

To be even more blunt, WT does not have a playoff caliber head coach.

Hughes may be a nice guy but nice guys doesnt translate to playoffs and conference championships.

For some reason the WT administration seems to have that "next year is the year" mentality with him.

If he can't do it this year it will never happen unless Angelo State, Central Washington, and Midwestern state all leave the LSC.

Even then it might not.

There is probably your answer to the booster dilemma. Patience wearing thin with mediocre football and no intentions to even consider a D1 move.

My other support is with Islanders basketball. The head coach was a nice guy too but couldnt deliver an NCAA berth.

Its no accident there why a lot of us pulled support for the basketball program and a change was quickly made.

The new coach righted the ship the first year and got the team to the NCAA tournament play in game.

Next year its a conference championship and an outright bid to the dance.

Comment

West Texas A&M Women's Outdoor track and field wins the 2022 national championship!Go Buffs!

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post
                              West Texas A&M Women's Outdoor track and field wins the 2022 national championship!Go Buffs!
                              And the men's team was national runner-up! Outstanding!
                              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-29-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X