Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javelina - Transfer Thread

I'm hearing that we picked up a RB from a rival
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
    I'm hearing that we picked up a RB from a rival
    Is that all you know? Maybe he's one of ours who got tired of running up the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Is that all you know? Maybe he's one of ours who got tired of running up the middle.
      I know who it is, but it is second or third hand info. Trying to see if anyone can confirm with first hand knowledge.
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

I'd guess maybe CJ Odom?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          I'd guess maybe CJ Odom?
          A guess is not first hand knowledge, but that is what I heard second/third hand.

Comment

A guess is not first hand knowledge, but that is what I heard second/third hand.
            Nope, no first hand knowledge, but CJ wants to be a starter, and he wasn't going to get that at Angelo. I knew he was in the portal and wasn't getting any good bites. So, I used deductive reasoning.

in my opinion, CJ is a very good back. He was #2 in carries at Angelo and #3 in yards. With a good OL, some stamina conditioning, and a little coaching up he can be a #1 RB and a very successful one at that.

He should do really well for the Javs.

Comment

This is not confirmed, but it looks like we could have guys coming in from at least 3 other LSC teams.

It used to be very rare to see someone transfer in from another conference team. Times are certainly changing.

Comment

This is not confirmed, but it looks like we could have guys coming in from at least 3 other LSC teams.

It used to be very rare to see someone transfer in from another conference team. Times are certainly changing.
                Traditionally, conferences have an agreement, whether formally or unspoken, that you don't release players from their scholarship commitment in order to go to rival schools. That means they would have to sit out a year while maintaining academic eligibility.

I think schools are slowly finding, now that the practice is coming to light in the media, that the "bad look" of it is worse than the potential loss of a few disgruntled players every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Traditionally, conferences have an agreement, whether formally or unspoken, that you don't release players from their scholarship commitment in order to go to rival schools. That means they would have to sit out a year while maintaining academic eligibility.

I think schools are slowly finding, now that the practice is coming to light in the media, that the "bad look" of it is worse than the potential loss of a few disgruntled players every year.
                  I don't think that applies anymore since the transfer portal opened up

Comment

Hearing about an LSC QB maybe coming in this fall.

EDIT:
                    I expect this to provide depth, not coming in as a starter. (just my opinion)
                    Last edited by JavsFan; 07-01-2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Comment

QB Miklo Smalls has transferred to K-Ville from Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          QB Miklo Smalls has transferred to K-Ville from Commerce.
                          That's a great pick up for Kingsville. Good to see their program move in a positive direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

That's a great pick up for Kingsville. Good to see their program move in a positive direction.
                            There are several more that should provide immediate help.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

If he's healthy and eligible, I agree. Once he suffered the knee injury, he was shadow of his former self. Hopefully he's able to get back there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X