Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTAMU Tuition

Buff PromiseMore than $5 million in scholarships and more than $65 million in financial aid are offered by WT annually.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Isn't it funny how these press releases about the various "promise programs" leave out the fact that it is primarily paid by other students as part of the designated tuition (universities must set aside a minimum of %15 of designated tuition above $46/hour).

Link

Back of the envelope calculation for students/parents that pay tuition, based on 12 hours for fall & spring semesters.

WTAM students will pay about $540 into the Buff promise for the year.
    TAMK students will pay about $380 into the Javelina promise for the year.

The paying students at both universities will also pay the mandatory fees - Athletic, Health, Rec Sports, Student Center, University Services and at WT also Deferred Maintenance (really, WTF???), while the beneficiaries have those fees covered.

What a crock of $hit
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
      Isn't it funny how these press releases about the various "promise programs" leave out the fact that it is primarily paid by other students as part of the designated tuition (universities must set aside a minimum of %15 of designated tuition above $46/hour).

Link

Back of the envelope calculation for students/parents that pay tuition, based on 12 hours for fall & spring semesters.

WTAM students will pay about $540 into the Buff promise for the year.
      TAMK students will pay about $380 into the Javelina promise for the year.

The paying students at both universities will also pay the mandatory fees - Athletic, Health, Rec Sports, Student Center, University Services and at WT also Deferred Maintenance (really, WTF???), while the beneficiaries have those fees covered.

What a crock of $hit
      Thanks for the information
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Thanks for the information
        The schools aren't going to tell you.
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
          The annual inflation rate slowed to 8.3 percent in April, but some economic sectors continued to see higher increases than the overall inflation rate. In April, energy prices were up 30.3%, food at 9.4%, new vehicles at 13.2%, and shelter at 5.1%.

West Texas A&M University, like all schools in The Texas A&M University System, is committed to remaining affordable and accessible.

Through the Buff PromiseMore than $5 million in scholarships and more than $65 million in financial aid are offered by WT annually.
          The Federal Government must think we are idiots. Please explain what has only gone up 8%. I have been in the wholesale industry for three decades and I have never seen prices soaring like the present. Every month including May prices continue to climb and not gradually. Fuel and food for some low income folks is starting to become unattainable and God forbid you look at the rent prices of apartments. Nope, its not slowing and its not sustainable and its double digits easily. Fuel jumped twenty cents last week and I'm sure its higher now as I need to fill up.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

The Federal Government must think we are idiots. Please explain what has only gone up 8%. I have been in the wholesale industry for three decades and I have never seen prices soaring like the present. Every month including May prices continue to climb and not gradually. Fuel and food for some low income folks is starting to become unattainable and God forbid you look at the rent prices of apartments. Nope, its not slowing and its not sustainable and its double digits easily. Fuel jumped twenty cents last week and I'm sure its higher now as I need to fill up.
            We are getting ready to be hit by the financial "perfect storm". And everyone will be devastated. Like never before. And everyone is in denial right now.

It's coming!!!!

Mark my words.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X