replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Fixed it for you!

That's not right. 707

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WT will NOT win the LSC this year!!!!!!! Things are WAY messed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fixed it for you!

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    This may ruffle some feathers but so be it...

If McBroom keeps Hughes around in 2023 if he misses the playoffs again in a much weaker LSC then he has no interest in improving the football program period.

Lets hope this is all a moot point and WT can get over that hump.

Difficult to sell to recruits that the team finished in 3rd place in a brand new 3/4 packed football stadium and was a D2 powerhouse 10 years ago.
    HOW can WT NOT win the LSC this year??? If they don't, things are WAY messed up.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    One more thing about Ferris State. I figured with their incredible record they must have a fabulous new stadium! Well, it's actually OLDER than Kimbrough! Worse than that, they still have cheerleaders! Plus their popular coach (101-16) has HIS SON as offensive coordinator! What an outrage.

Clearly their AD is not on the same page as McBroom.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied

I love your enthusiasm.....but this is TEXAS. Football RULES and is the GOD of sports. PERIOD.

All other sports, male/female/other, combined can't even TOUCH football in Texas. Not even close.

Do people love Alabama because Women's Basketball beat Georgia 74-62? Or won 3 games in the WOMEN'S NATIONAL INVITATION TOURNAMENT? Or maybe Alabama is so popular due to their Softball team?

Uhhh...noooo. It's FOOTBALL that puts them on the map. Same with Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio, Michigan, Clemson, Auburn, etc. ALL BECAUSE OF FOOTBALL.

Second on the D1 scale would be Men's Basketball.

After that........NO ONE CARES. Especially in Texas.

Wanna be considered the top DII university in Texas, WIN IN FOOTBALL. Simple as that. No other sport matters......no matter how great they are or how many NC they win.

Football rules. Always has....always will.
    Ok, this hurts-----------------Your Right

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

If McBroom keeps Hughes around in 2022 if he misses the playoffs again in a much weaker LSC then he has no interest in improving the football program period.

Difficult to sell to recruits that the team finished in 3rd place in a brand new 3/4 packed football stadium and was a D2 powerhouse 10 years ago.
    Just 1 minor correction. Remember we were 5-4 last year plus the NAIA byes.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

I love your enthusiasm.....but this is TEXAS. Football RULES and is the GOD of sports. PERIOD.

All other sports, male/female/other, combined can't even TOUCH football in Texas. Not even close.

Do people love Alabama because Women's Basketball beat Georgia 74-62? Or won 3 games in the WOMEN'S NATIONAL INVITATION TOURNAMENT? Or maybe Alabama is so popular due to their Softball team?

Uhhh...noooo. It's FOOTBALL that puts them on the map. Same with Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio, Michigan, Clemson, Auburn, etc. ALL BECAUSE OF FOOTBALL.

Wanna be considered the top DII university in Texas, WIN IN FOOTBALL. Simple as that. No other sport matters......no matter how great they are or how many NC they win.

I looked over Ferris State's 2021 results. Not bad overall, but who wouldn't want to trade with them? They don't play baseball there.

Softball 15-27
    Basketball 22-9
    WBasketball 22-10
    Ice Hockey 11-24-1
    Volleyball 27-5

Football 14-0 National Champions

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

If McBroom keeps Hughes around in 2023 if he misses the playoffs again in a much weaker LSC then he has no interest in improving the football program period.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

He's failed the football program by firing the most successful D2 coach we have had and replacing him with a couple of mediocre coaches. 2013 was a good season because Carthel had the team ready to play before he was fired. Since then our record has been padded by the likes of OPSU, McMurry, North American, and NAIA teams. This year we should get an easy win against SFU - but I thought we would blow out WOU last year. You can't really bet on ANY game.

I know several posters here adore the AD but you are in the minority in the real world. If you don't care about football keep bragging on McBroom - plus think of the money you will save by dropping your football season tickets. Maybe you could teach the cheerleaders a special cheer for him - oh wait...they got fired too.

Let me know when the NFL starts drafting based on GPA.
    BINGO!

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    McBroom is not going anywhere. He has been at Wt. for over 20 years. If you look at his body of work as a whole (not just football) he has done a very good job.
    The overall performance of our athletic teams has improved. Facilities have improved. Giving to the program has improved. Yes, football is the most visible of the sports,
    however, the entire program is more important than any one sport.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Hell, I'd take a 1.4 team GPA and an NCAA national championship. Even the stupid (but very athletic) players would be able to pose with the trophy without dropping it.
    Hahaha. Right??

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    McBroom is not going anywhere. He has been at Wt. for over 20 years. If you look at his body of work as a whole (not just football) he has done a very good job. The overall performance of our athletic teams has improved. Facilities have improved. Giving to the program has improved. Yes, football is the most visible of the sports,
    He's failed the football program by firing the most successful D2 coach we have had and replacing him with a couple of mediocre coaches. 2013 was a good season because Carthel had the team ready to play before he was fired. Since then our record has been padded by the likes of OPSU, McMurry, North American, and NAIA teams. This year we should get an easy win against SFU - but I thought we would blow out WOU last year. You can't really bet on ANY game.

I know several posters here adore the AD but you are in the minority in the real world. If you don't care about football keep bragging on McBroom - plus think of the money you will save by dropping your football season tickets. Maybe you could teach the cheerleaders a special cheer for him - oh wait...they got fired too.

Let me know when the NFL starts drafting based on GPA.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    McBroom is not going anywhere. He has been at Wt. for over 20 years. If you look at his body of work as a whole (not just football) he has done a very good job.
    The overall performance of our athletic teams has improved. Facilities have improved. Giving to the program has improved. Yes, football is the most visible of the sports,

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

Hell, I'd take a 1.4 team GPA and an NCAA national championship. Even the stupid (but very athletic) players would be able to pose with the trophy without dropping it.
    Maybe you should promote the slogan "Bring Back Carthel" around campus. It would be great to have him back. It would also be more popular than "Build Back Better".

I'm sure there are nonfootball schools that would hire McBroom.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

Exactly!! No one cares years from now if the football program is put on academic probation if you win a national championship.

It doesn't seem to bother past D1 national champions that have been put on NCAA probation one time or another.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X