Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so ready for Football

-----and the cooler weather that goes with it. 10:15 am and 95 already.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

To make you feel better, was 102 here in Washington yesterday. Just a typical July/August day in the Columbia Basin. About a 15% humidity with it and baseball players are out in it.

Don't expect those temps in Ellensburg, but a warning in case any drive up along I-84 to I-82 which goes right into Ellensburg. September 10th when Western New Mexico visits it can still be very hot.

Comment

Just took my ribs out of the smoker, it's only 104 now. Using Apple wood and some Apple Cider this time. Of course, drinking Coors long necks. Our house faces the West with large trees. Not bad in the shade.

Comment

Smoked meat has so many carcinogens and health risks, it should be banned!!!

Consume alcohol at the same time.....and you have a recipe for health disaster!!

Surprisingly, "educated" people do this regularly. Then can't understand why they develop illnesses. Mind blowing!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Consume alcohol at the same time.....and you have a recipe for health disaster!!

Surprisingly, "educated" people do this regularly. Then can't understand why they develop illnesses. Mind blowing!
            That would kill tailgating at Wt.

Comment

Both of the D2 teams I follow are bad (Alderson Broaddus & Western New Mexico) but I'm ready too. Hope springs eternal and all that crap. ;) JK. I'm always positive going into a new season.

Comment

Maybe, but them carcinogens is yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Last edited by ASUPops; 07-19-2022, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Especially smoked salmon. That is something I've always liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Especially smoked salmon. That is something I've always liked.
                      That is my favorite too. I don't eat much smoked meat, once in a while I will get a baked potato with smoked turkey or, rarely, brisket.

Comment

https://www.theorioncooker.com/

3 - 6 racks of fall-off-the-bone pork spareribs in 1.5 hours. 3 racks of baby back in 1.25 hours. I just cooked about 20 lbs of pork butt for pulled pork followed by six packages of sausages. 2.5 hours or so for the pulled pork to reach 195 degrees. The meat is inside the cooking chamber while the charcoal is on the outside. Shouldn't be any problems with carcinogens from the fire. I rub the meat the night before I cook. Turkey is amazing!!! Salmon in about 20 minutes. Fantastic!

Comment

Comment

Man I am right there with you. Down here we suffered through a few 110 days and the Erratic Reckless Clowns of Texas (ERCOT) rolling blackouts (*wink wink it wasn't us).

Summer isn't as fun as it used to be with skyrocketing electric bills, droughts, Rangers sucking, etc.
                            Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 07-18-2022, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah I found out Mid May that I was pre-diabetic. Part of that is genetics and the other half I became a lazy slob and gained a lot of weight.

I went to completely grilled food instead of fried and basically cut out most things I would eat on a consistent bases.

Yesterday was a cheat day so I had some smoked meat and bacon and my stomach lost its mind.

It was a tough couple of weeks adjusting but now my stomach only tolerates healthy foods.

27 pounds lost and counting. Here's to 13 more pounds to lose to reach my goal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X