Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah I found out Mid May that I was pre-diabetic. Part of that is genetics and the other half I became a lazy slob and gained a lot of weight.

I went to completely grilled food instead of fried and basically cut out most things I would eat on a consistent bases.

Yesterday was a cheat day so I had some smoked meat and bacon and my stomach lost its mind.

It was a tough couple of weeks adjusting but now my stomach only tolerates healthy foods.

27 pounds lost and counting. Here's to 13 more pounds to lose to reach my goal.
    Been there done that.
    Cut out all fried foods, bread, and sugar intake. Everything is grilled or baked No processed "out of the freezer" food.
    Everything is fresh and homemade. I worked my way through Wt as a cook and I still enjoy cooking so it was good to get back into cooking.
    In about a year I went from 268 to 228. Been stuck at 225 for a while. My gym recently closed, I need to get back to working out.

Good luck, it has been a wake-up call for me.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Yeah I found out Mid May that I was pre-diabetic. Part of that is genetics and the other half I became a lazy slob and gained a lot of weight.

I went to completely grilled food instead of fried and basically cut out most things I would eat on a consistent bases.

Yesterday was a cheat day so I had some smoked meat and bacon and my stomach lost its mind.

It was a tough couple of weeks adjusting but now my stomach only tolerates healthy foods.

27 pounds lost and counting. Here's to 13 more pounds to lose to reach my goal.
      Great job Sir!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Comment

I'm so ready for FB, too.

That's the time of the year, after a few games, that WT fans can turn to talking about the great upcoming men's and women's basketball seasons. Can't wait!

Comment

I bet folks in Wichita Falls are thankful football doesn't start in Mid July. Air temperature reached 115 degrees yesterday.

Could you imagine a team from Minnesota coming down to play a non conference game in those temperatures?

Comment

I bet folks in Wichita Falls are thankful football doesn't start in Mid July. Air temperature reached 115 degrees yesterday.

Could you imagine a team from Minnesota coming down to play a non conference game in those temperatures?
            Before both Houston and Texas got retractable roofs, you could say that about the Twins having road trips there especially when they had the dome.

Comment

Would be the opposite of when Tarleton State visited Mankato, I'm sure.

Though some of our teams do seem to be recruiting a lot out of the south - which presents a different problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Would be the opposite of when Tarleton State visited Mankato, I'm sure.

Though some of our teams do seem to be recruiting a lot out of the south - which presents a different problem.
                Yeah the cold is a shock but you eventually get used to it (minus the snow).

Extreme heat is a different ballgame.

Comment

Yeah the cold is a shock but you eventually get used to it (minus the snow).

Extreme heat is a different ballgame.
                  I can see that, especially in football with all the equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
                    https://www.theorioncooker.com/

3 - 6 racks of fall-off-the-bone pork spareribs in 1.5 hours. 3 racks of baby back in 1.25 hours. I just cooked about 20 lbs of pork butt for pulled pork followed by six packages of sausages. 2.5 hours or so for the pulled pork to reach 195 degrees. The meat is inside the cooking chamber while the charcoal is on the outside. Shouldn't be any problems with carcinogens from the fire. I rub the meat the night before I cook. Turkey is amazing!!! Salmon in about 20 minutes. Fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      Other risks of eating too much smoked meat:
                      Smoked, processed meats and red meats have been associated with a higher risk of a variety of health conditions, including:

Stroke.
                      Heart disease.
                      Type 2 diabetes.

But it's your life.....do as you please. :)
                      After my wake-up call and change in lifestyle change, I do feel better. I believe in "moderation in all things."
                      Weather permitting, I smoke meat about one time a month. May twice in the fall.
                      This time of year, in the heat, not at all.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

After my wake-up call and change in lifestyle change, I do feel better. I believe in "moderation in all things."
                        Weather permitting, I smoke meat about one time a month. May twice in the fall.
                        This time of year, in the heat, not at all.
                        AMEN

My grandfather lived by that philosophy. Never seen a physician, never took medicine (not even an aspirin), had never been in a hospital. That is until he slipped on a toy left on a staircase and fell down two flights of stairs. He broke his hip & pelvis. He passed at the young age of 106 of pnemonia 2 weeks after surgery to repair his breaks. "EV-AH-REE DING INA DUH MOE-DA-RAY-SHUN" (yes, he was an Italian immigrant).

Comment

Last night had left-over pulled pork and sausages I cooked in the Orion Cooker. Dang, it was good!!

Comment

Comment

Heard WSU's coach on the Mariners game. He said practices start in about a week and also mentioned that the rest of the Pac-12 is committed to staying.

Comment

First day of practice is next Monday for us HS teams in NM. We graduated 1 senior last year but played alot of freshman and sophomores. We should be back in contention this year looking forward to the season!!
                                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X