Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Media Day

The Lone Star Conference's annual football preseason media day will be held Thursday, July 28, in McKinney, Texas.

With the 2022 season approaching, all 10 football coaches will be at the McKinney ISD Stadium and Community Event Center for a luncheon with the media. During the event, league officials will announce the preseason poll and players of the year.

The day begins with registration followed by lunch, a brief program, remarks from each football coach and student-athlete, and an open interview session. The program will be streamed live on the LSC Digital Network at www.lonestarconferencenetwork.com starting at 12 p.m.

The season kicks off Thursday, September 1 with 10 LSC teams set to compete in 2022. Each team will play nine conference games to determine the LSC Champion. Central Washington, Simon Fraser, and Western Oregon joined the league as affiliate members in football on July 1, 2022.

McKinney ISD Stadium is the home of the NCAA Division II Football Championship game. The LSC and McKinney ISD hosted 2018, 2019, and 2021 championship contests and are set to host the next four title games. The McKinney ISD Stadium and Community Event Center, a 12,000-seat facility built primarily for football, will host the Division II Football Championship on December 17, 2022; December 16, 2023; December 21, 2024; and December 20, 2025.

2022 LSC Football Preseason Media Day Attendees

Angelo State
    Jeff Girsch, head football coach
    Daron Allman (LB, Jr., Killeen, Texas/Shoemaker HS)
    Zach Bronkhorst (QB, Sr., Galveston, Texas/High Island HS)
    Nathaniel Omayebu III (RB, Jr., Sherman, Texas/Sherman HS)

Central Washington
    Chris Fisk, head football coach
    Christian Penny (DL, Sr., Pasco, Wash./Chiawana HS)
    Quincy Glasper (QB, So., Stockton, Calif./ Bear Creek HS)

Eastern New Mexico
    Tye Hiatt, head football coach
    Aseli Finau (DL, R-Sr., Anchorage, Alaska/Soldotna HS)
    Rapi Sotoa (DL, R-Sr., Anchorage, Alaska/West Anchorage HS)
    Hunter St. John (OL, R-Jr., Clovis, N.M./ Clovis HS)

Midwestern State
    Bill Maskill, head football coach
    Melik Owens (DE, Sr., Houston, Texas / Cypress Ridge HS)
    Ja'Marzeyea Arvie (WR, Jr., Mesquite, Texas / North Mesquite HS)

Simon Fraser
    Mike Rigell, head football coach
    Jeremiah Famor (DL, Sr., San Leandro, Calif./San Leandro HS (Chabot College))
    Justin Seiber (QB, Jr., Covington, Wash./Kentwood HS)

Texas A&M-Kingsville
    Michael Salinas, head football coach
    Amos Coleman (DB, R-Jr., New Orleans, La./Alief Elsik HS
    Brannon Jackson (OL, R-So., San Antonio, Texas/Brennan HS)

UT Permian Basin
    Justin Carrigan, head football coach
    D'Ondre Robinson (DB, Sr., Orange, N.J./Marist HS)
    Matt Zubiate (TE, Sr., El Paso, Texas/Chapin HS)

West Texas A&M
    Hunter Hughes, head football coach
    JT Cavender (LB, So., Midlothian, Texas/Midlothian HS)
    Jarrod Compton (RB, Sr., Lubbock, Texas/Coronado HS)

Western New Mexico
    Philip Vigil, head football coach
    David Melendez (DL, Sr., Las Cruces, N.M./Las Cruces HS)
    Devin Larsen (QB, So., Gilbert, Ariz./Queen Creek HS (Iowa State Univ.))

Western Oregon
    Arne Ferguson, head football coach
    Jaylin Parnell (LB, Sr., Medford, Ore./South Medford HS)
    Damon Hickok (WR, Jr., Portland, Ore./Grant HS (Univ. of Oregon))
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

I see Hughes is taking Jarrod Compton with him. Compton is a very good up-the-middle runner, whereas last year's original starter, Khalil Harris, was multi-talented. Harris did not play toward the end of last year and is not on the 2022 roster. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Maybe Hughes can treat his players to a ball game. Are the Rangers in town?

Comment

I see that Christian Penny decided to come back for his last year of eligibility. His dad wasn't sure he would last year when we talked at the game at NWMSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        I see Hughes is taking Jarrod Compton with him. Compton is a very good up-the-middle runner, whereas last year's original starter, Khalil Harris, was multi-talented. Harris did not play toward the end of last year and is not on the 2022 roster. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Rangers are in Seattle right now. Last game of series is tomorrow.

Also good to see all the people from the Pacific Northwest going down there, although if Penny has been staying at home the heat in Texas shouldn't bother him.

Comment

Prediction of the Pre-Season Poll

1. Angelo State
          2. Central Washington
          3. Midwestern State (could flip with CWU)
          4. West Texas A&M
          5. Texas A&M-Kingsville
          6. UT Permian Basin
          7. Western Oregon
          8. Eastern New Mexico
          9. Western New Mexico
          10. Simon Fraser
          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

I'm going to be honest, this feels a lot like when CWU and WWU went to the NCC before it folded. They had been playing NCC teams leading up to that too, just like the scheduling alliance had LSC/GNAC games. At least this time WOU isn't left out though as an independent. CWU ended up 3rd their first year in the NCC and lost to GVSU in the SR final.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              Prediction of the Pre-Season Poll

1. Angelo State
              2. Central Washington
              3. Midwestern State (could flip with CWU)
              4. West Texas A&M
              5. Texas A&M-Kingsville
              6. UT Permian Basin
              7. Western Oregon
              8. Eastern New Mexico
              9. Western New Mexico
              10. Simon Fraser
              Western New Mexico plays @ Simon Fraser this season, but I agree with the poll and predict a Mustangs win in BC.

Comment

Really looking forward to this season and thank you Lone Star Conference for accepting us far flung West Coast members.

Comment

Simon Fraser should bring their lady kicker.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

LOL! I was wondering if one of Buffloons was going to go there... Maybe the Frisco Roughriders are in town?

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

Western New Mexico plays @ Simon Fraser this season, but I agree with the poll and predict a Mustangs win in BC.
                        The poll is what I think will come out tomorrow. It is not my prediction of how the season will play out.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                          I'm going to be honest, this feels a lot like when CWU and WWU went to the NCC before it folded. They had been playing NCC teams leading up to that too, just like the scheduling alliance had LSC/GNAC games. At least this time WOU isn't left out though as an independent. CWU ended up 3rd their first year in the NCC and lost to GVSU in the SR final.
                          I'm betting you really like alphabet soup! ;)

Comment

I agree - I just think you are a year late.

When the Houston Astros got ready to move into their new stadium, they traded away several of their best players, knowing that dimwitted fans would come to games to see the new stadium. After a while they got some more good players and won a World Series.

It seems like the AD thinks that building that AAA high school stadium (plus Club Level!) is all he ever needs to do for football. Those silly championship banners cost some bucks, so forget about getting more of them.

Things were different when I went to WT. Students were treated like adults. It was up to you if you graduated or not. There wasn't all the diversity and inclusion crap, and WTSU did not bill itself as a "Hispanic serving" school because they served everyone equally. Nobody cared if a star player graduated or not, because it was their business. Sure there has to be some minimum GPA, but let the students be adults.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

The poll is what I think will come out tomorrow. It is not my prediction of how the season will play out.
                              Yes, I know. The Western New Mexico prediction is all mine.
                              Last edited by crixus; 07-27-2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X