Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Simon Fraser should bring their lady kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I agree - I just think you are a year late.

When the Houston Astros got ready to move into their new stadium, they traded away several of their best players, knowing that dimwitted fans would come to games to see the new stadium. After a while,r they got some more good players and won a World Series.

It seems like the AD thinks that building that AAA high school stadium (plus Club Level! ) is all he ever needs to do for football. Those silly championship banners cost some bucks, so forget about getting more of them.

Things were different when I went to WT. Students were treated like adults. It was up to you if you graduated or not. There wasn't all the diversity and inclusion crap, and WTSU did not bill itself as a "Hispanic serving" school because they served everyone equally. Nobody cared if a star player graduated or not, because it was their business. Sure there has to be some minimum GPA, but let the students be adults.
      Careful, someone will call the Woke police
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I see Hughes is taking Jarrod Compton with him. Compton is a very good up-the-middle runner, whereas last year's original starter, Khalil Harris, was multi-talented. Harris did not play toward the end of last year and is not on the 2022 roster. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Maybe Hughes can treat his players to a ball game. Are the Rangers in town?
        Harris left the program this spring, I think most of it had to do with his work ethic and buy in. Of course this is coming from a coach, I'm sure Harris would have a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Harris left the program this spring, I think most of it had to do with his work ethic and buy in. Of course this is coming from a coach, I'm sure Harris would have a different story.
          Thanks for the info. I think he can find a team he would rather play for.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think he can find a team he would rather play for.
            No doubt. He is a talented running back and is going to be missed this season. They are going to be thin at RB unless they get some transfers..but that's not really something Hughes does so I don't expect it.

Comment

No doubt. He is a talented running back and is going to be missed this season. They are going to be thin at RB unless they get some transfers..but that's not really something Hughes does so I don't expect it.
              If Compton remains healthy, he should be enough for Hughes as Compton likes going up the middle. Looks like 5 others are around, all but one are freshmen. Brandon Blair is not coming back, but Hughes didn't use him much anyway. I think he would have been very good in a normal offense.

Best of luck to Blair and Harris.

How many wins do you think the Buffs get this season? I'm sticking with 6.

Comment

If Compton remains healthy, he should be enough for Hughes as Compton likes going up the middle. Looks like 5 others are around, all but one are freshmen. Brandon Blair is not coming back, but Hughes didn't use him much anyway. I think he would have been very good in a normal offense.

Best of luck to Blair and Harris.

How many wins do you think the Buffs get this season? I'm sticking with 6.
                Compton is really good when healthy. The other returner Smallwood is also going to be good but yeah only freshmen after that is going to be thin.

I'm going with 5 or 6 wins this year. This is assuming not many transfers, I only know of a couple DBs. Too many question marks after a few quality returners in a lot of positions. This RS-Fr and Soph class are going to make or break Hughes this season.

One player not mentioned much I am excited about is Eric Goodman at DL, I think he can be special.

?????

Comment

I agree - I just think you are a year late.

When the Houston Astros got ready to move into their new stadium, they traded away several of their best players, knowing that dimwitted fans would come to games to see the new stadium. After a while they got some more good players and won a World Series.

It seems like the AD thinks that building that AAA high school stadium (plus Club Level!) is all he ever needs to do for football. Those silly championship banners cost some bucks, so forget about getting more of them.

Things were different when I went to WT. Students were treated like adults. It was up to you if you graduated or not. There wasn't all the diversity and inclusion crap, and WTSU did not bill itself as a "Hispanic serving" school because they served everyone equally. Nobody cared if a star player graduated or not, because it was their business. Sure there has to be some minimum GPA, but let the students be adults.
                  Imagine having the best stadium in D2 and still complaining about it years later. If Buffalo Stadium is a high school stadium then what do you say about the other D2 stadiums in the nation? I agree with you most of the time but it's time to jump off of that ship.

Comment

Compton is really good when healthy. The other returner Smallwood is also going to be good but yeah only freshmen after that is going to be thin.

I'm going with 5 or 6 wins this year. This is assuming not many transfers, I only know of a couple DBs. Too many question marks after a few quality returners in a lot of positions. This RS-Fr and Soph class are going to make or break Hughes this season.

One player not mentioned much I am excited about is Eric Goodman at DL, I think he can be special.

?????
                    I went and rewatched Goodman's 2020 HS Hudl highlights. For an undersized interior DL, College Station Consolidated had him at the DT spot a lot, he did a great job. He does an excellent job of using his hands to ward off blocks. A really good arm-over hand move. Good hand chop and deflection. Get's his arms into the blocker quick and with impact. Smooth and quick with his feet. Good balance. Didn't see a lot of lean that OL's used to his disadvantage. The downside I see, especially if he's used in the DT spot, is his size. He's only listed at 6'4 and 210. 210 will cut it on the edge, but inside......?

Did he play any last year? His Bio doesn't say. He's listed as a Sophomore, so he didn't RS in 2021.

Comment

Had a good chuckle seeing Eastern New Mexico had two player reps from Alaska. I Loved That. Some of my funniest times were playing rugby and coaching football in Anchorage for a few year's. I've said before that the talent up there is untapped. High School Football is huge up there always wished CWU would recruit up there or at least do a camp up there. There is a large Polynesian Population in Alaska and some amazing talent that no one knows about.

Comment

And the GoofBall announcer from ENM is broadcaster of the year. Shows how really bad the rest of them are.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post

Imagine having the best stadium in D2 and still complaining about it years later. If Buffalo Stadium is a high school stadium then what do you say about the other D2 stadiums in the nation? I agree with you most of the time but it's time to jump off of that ship.
                          You must have missed the pictures of HS stadiums that Pops and I posted. Here's the one near me. The one where the D2 championship is played is as good or better.

https://www.berrycenter.net/stadium

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I went and rewatched Goodman's 2020 HS Hudl highlights. For an undersized interior DL, College Station Consolidated had him at the DT spot a lot, he did a great job. He does an excellent job of using his hands to ward off blocks. A really good arm-over hand move. Good hand chop and deflection. Get's his arms into the blocker quick and with impact. Smooth and quick with his feet. Good balance. Didn't see a lot of lean that OL's used to his disadvantage. The downside I see, especially if he's used in the DT spot, is his size. He's only listed at 6'4 and 210. 210 will cut it on the edge, but inside......?

Did he play any last year? His Bio doesn't say. He's listed as a Sophomore, so he didn't RS in 2021.
                            Yeah he played last year as a true freshman at DE. I would assume he is going to be a little heavier this year since he was listed at 210 last year before a year of strength training. He definitely won't be playing DT. They moved McGruder from OG to DT this year. I think he will add some nice size finally along with Rivera

Comment

Yeah he played last year as a true freshman at DE. I would assume he is going to be a little heavier this year since he was listed at 210 last year before a year of strength training. He definitely won't be playing DT. They moved McGruder from OG to DT this year. I think he will add some nice size finally along with Rivera
                              Without refreshing my memory, Hughes signed a couple of HS DT's with size and ability. I remember watching their highlight videos and thinking they will get some immediate chances to play. Plus 3 edge defenders with real ability to rush the passer. Overall, I was impressed with their DL recruits this year. It seemed to be THE priority in the recruiting class.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                                Simon Fraser should bring their lady kicker.
                                It's not that I have anything against the "Lady kicker", but it really says a lot about the program when her being on the team is one of the main talking points about SFU football. The other galling thing about SFU football is the fact that all three of SFU's (Canada's NCAA team) representatives at the Lone Star media day are American!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X