X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.presspasssports.com/west...all-media-day/

Comment

Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post

It's not that I have anything against the "Lady kicker", but it really says a lot about the program when her being on the team is one of the main talking points about SFU football. The other galling thing about SFU football is the fact that all three of SFU's (Canada's NCAA team) representatives at the Lone Star media day are American!!
      Be real. SFU is from an area where the best athletes are playing Hockey. If they are going to compete they will have to look south.
      In Europe the best athletes are playing Soccer. Try as it may American football has never made a big splash over there because they have to use American players.
      Soccer sucks in America because the best athletes are playing football and baseball. We have to import soccer players to have a pro league.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Be real. SFU is from an area where the best athletes are playing Hockey. If they are going to compete they will have to look south.
        In Europe the best athletes are playing Soccer. Try as it may American football has never made a big splash over there because they have to use American players.
        Soccer sucks in America because the best athletes are playing football and baseball. We have to import soccer players to have a pro league.
        Canada has some really good basketball players too. Andrew Wiggins, RJ Barret, and Kelly Olynyk are all from Canada as a few.

Comment

Absolutely. I agree 100%

Comment

JT was a beast in HS for the Panthers. Think he is going to have a tremendous season this year for the Buffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Canada has some really good basketball players too. Andrew Wiggins, RJ Barret, and Kelly Olynyk are all from Canada as a few.
              Don't forget about guy named Steve Nash!!! Pretty good basketball player!

Comment

Yep and the other side of it you don't have any peeps from West Texas playing on the Amarillo independent league hockey team. Lot of Canadians there too.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

You must have missed the pictures of HS stadiums that Pops and I posted. Here's the one near me. The one where the D2 championship is played is as good or better.

https://www.berrycenter.net/stadium
                  I'm ngl, most WT fans are the biggest crybabies lol. "Our stadium is the nicest in D2, and we are located just outside of AMARILLO, but it's not as nice as the nicest HS stadiums in the country that are located in the middle of Dallas or Houston, so I will complain about it :,(" Maybe that's not what you guys are trying to say, but that is how it comes off lol. Just enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post

Don't forget about guy named Steve Nash!!! Pretty good basketball player!
                    Yes he was and Brandon Clarke of the Grizzlies is from BC isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I'm ngl, most WT fans are the biggest crybabies lol. "Our stadium is the nicest in D2, and we are located just outside of AMARILLO, but it's not as nice as the nicest HS stadiums in the country that are located in the middle of Dallas or Houston, so I will complain about it :,(" Maybe that's not what you guys are trying to say, but that is how it comes off lol. Just enjoy it.
                      Well, we wouldn't have that beef (oh woe is us) about our "worse than some HS stadiums" if WT_TKW had stepped up to the plate and kicked in another $30,000,000. WT could have but a $60,000,000 stadium to compete with publicly funded giant tax-based high school districts in North Dallas and elsewhere. Alas, TKW was a no-show when he had the chance.

Comment

And the GoofBall announcer from ENM is broadcaster of the year. Shows how really bad the rest of them are.
                        Have you heard the others?
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Well, we wouldn't have that beef (oh woe is us) about our "worse than some HS stadiums" if WT_TKW had stepped up to the plate and kicked in another $30,000,000. WT could have but a $60,000,000 stadium to compete with publicly funded giant tax-based high school districts in North Dallas and elsewhere. Alas, TKW was a no-show when he had the chance.
                          I was very happy with the old one. I am fiscally conservative and I find robbing the students for an average high school stadium criminal. I also liked watching great football in an older stadium, unlike you guys who watch lame football from club level.

Sure I would have been happy to give $30MM to renovate Kimbrough, but the administration told the alumni to butt out, so I did. ;) I have no plans to ever visit the BS2

Just FYI - I refuse to go to Astros or Texans games because I felt like the Astrodome was adequate. It was also rarely sold out. There are better ways to spend the people's money than building stadiums. Give good teachers a raise instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I was very happy with the old one. I am fiscally conservative and I find robbing the students for an average high school stadium criminal. I also liked watching great football in an older stadium, unlike you guys who watch lame football from club level.

Sure I would have been happy to give $30MM to renovate Kimbrough, but the administration told the alumni to butt out, so I did. ;) I have no plans to ever visit the BS2

Just FYI - I refuse to go to Astros or Texans games because I felt like the Astrodome was adequate. It was also rarely sold out. There are better ways to spend the people's money than building stadiums. Give good teachers a raise instead.
                              I was just kidding you, as I'm sure you guessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Yes. The Eastern guy is a horrible joke.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X