Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Yes. The Eastern guy is a horrible joke.
    WT is a joke.....nah Nana poo poo head....haha!

I live Doc great guy and I've "grown up" listening to him.

He is miles better that Tarleton or Midwesterns home town boys that sound like 2 homers in the coffe shop....
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

CWU and WOU both have professionals from regional sports TV channels calling their home games now. CWU no longer has a radio crew that travels with the team (at least they didn't last year). I'm not sure about WOU, but they do have a radio station that broadcasts games. SFU has some local guys calling the games on their YouTube channel. They're pretty good, not very homerish, and very Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

He is miles better that Tarleton or Midwesterns home town boys that sound like 2 homers in the coffe shop....
        TAMUK just hired a long time and recently retired Corpus TV station Sports Anchor and A&I alum to be the Assoicate AD for External Affairs (fundraising, etc.). Hope he gets a chance to be involved in our radio/tv simulcasts this year. The current voice is an Associate SID and he does a decent job doing it solo. The only gripe I have is he always refers to the Javs as TA-Mooooook. Just call us the Javs or Hogs because we are not cattle.

Comment

You're right about TSU and MSU. And Commerce guy.

Comment

You're right about TSU and MSU. And Commerce guy.
            Hey now!!

He is the greatest college radio sportscaster from a town under 10k people in the history of sports radio.

Just ask him.

He'll tell you!

Comment

Seems like every sports team has some enthusiastic homer sports guy these days.

Couple of weeks ago I was watching the "game of the week" between the Tigers and White Sox.

Every time a Tiger batter got a hit or pitcher got a strikeout they were just one play away from becoming the 1999 New York Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Couple of weeks ago I was watching the "game of the week" between the Tigers and White Sox.

Every time a Tiger batter got a hit or pitcher got a strikeout they were just one play away from becoming the 1999 New York Yankees.
                What is funny to me is how some fans who "hate" homer announcers will get on the same announcer for praising a play by the other team.

Last night though, was watching Seattle/Yankees on Seattle station and also swapping to MLB network for the Yankees feed. When Munoz walked Judge and Rizzo, Mariners were saying he was pitching around them and Yankees side said he had lost control. Seems to be the Mariners side as he struck out the next batter and was giving unintentional intentional walks and you could see a Seattle coach signaling like it was intentional.

That just goes to show how a homer side may not get you the idea of what truly is going on, especially for Yankees fans in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

What is funny to me is how some fans who "hate" homer announcers will get on the same announcer for praising a play by the other team.

Last night though, was watching Seattle/Yankees on Seattle station and also swapping to MLB network for the Yankees feed. When Munoz walked Judge and Rizzo, Mariners were saying he was pitching around them and Yankees side said he had lost control. Seems to be the Mariners side as he struck out the next batter and was giving unintentional intentional walks and you could see a Seattle coach signaling like it was intentional.

That just goes to show how a homer side may not get you the idea of what truly is going on, especially for Yankees fans in that game.
                  Yeah it amazes me how some professional announcers do not pick up on those small things.

I wish the Rangers would have walked Mike Trout every time he came to bat even if you forced in a run.

That dude made a career hitting against my Rangers.

The Rangers announcers would praise the manager and the pitcher (probably over 20 times) on having the guts to take on Trout with a base open.

The 2-1 pitch....High drive to deep left and another home run to put the Angels on top

Comment

707070707 HILARIOUS!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

707070707 HILARIOUS!
                      I prefer the 1960's Yankees.......Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra/Elston Howard, Joe Peptone, Bobby Richardson, Tom Tresh, Hank Baeur......Whitey Ford, Don Larsen, Mel Stottlemeire.......Now those were some teams.

Comment

I prefer the 1960's Yankees.......Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra/Elston Howard, Joe Peptone, Bobby Richardson, Tom Tresh, Hank Baeur......Whitey Ford, Don Larsen, Mel Stottlemeire.......Now those were some teams.
                        MLBTV a few weeks ago aired a few Sandy Koufax games. One was 1963 game 1 against the Dodgers and the other was 1965 Game 7 against the Twins. I would have loved to been alive and at the ball park back then to see his games and how he dominated those great teams. A great uncle of mine down here in Houston would talk about Sandy Koufax pitching in the old Houston Colt 45 stadium and going to watch those games in 100 degree heat.

Comment

Before my time. But great ball players!! Knew Yogi as a manager for my NY Mets in early '70's.

Comment

MLBTV a few weeks ago aired a few Sandy Koufax games. One was 1963 game 1 against the Dodgers and the other was 1965 Game 7 against the Twins. I would have loved to been alive and at the ball park back then to see his games and how he dominated those great teams. A great uncle of mine down here in Houston would talk about Sandy Koufax pitching in the old Houston Colt 45 stadium and going to watch those games in 100 degree heat.
                            Yeah, I watched many a Koufax game on TV. Koufax, Juan Marichal, Bob Gibson. Some pretty good pitchers. Back in the day when starters were expected to go 9. Off them all........Koufax was the best. I TV watched him pitch a 1 hit, no walk, 18 strikeout game against the Giants. Marichal was pitching for the Giants and I believe struck out 14/15 and gave up a walk who stole 2nd advanced on a long fly ball and came in one a single in the 7th to lose 1-0. Masterful. Both of those guys would being doing the same thing against today's hitter

Comment

Yeah, I watched many a Koufax game on TV. Koufax, Juan Marichal, Bob Gibson. Some pretty good pitchers. Back in the day when starters were expected to go 9. Off them all........Koufax was the best. I TV watched him pitch a 1 hit, no walk, 18 strikeout game against the Giants. Marichal was pitching for the Giants and I believe struck out 14/15 and gave up a walk who stole 2nd advanced on a long fly ball and came in one a single in the 7th to lose 1-0. Masterful. Both of those guys would being doing the same thing against today's hitter
                              What about Nolan Ryan? I feel his 7 no-hitters will never be beat.

Speaking of losing in a masterful game, I once saw Chris Bosio pitch into the 7th with a no-hitter and was trailing. Walk and error scored a run and Mariners couldn't score.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

What about Nolan Ryan? I feel his 7 no-hitters will never be beat.

Speaking of losing in a masterful game, I once saw Chris Bosio pitch't came into the 7th with a no-hitter and was trailing. Walk and error scored a run and Mariners couldn't score.
                                I was referencing pitchers of an earlier era. Ryan didn't make it to the bigs till what '66 or '67? He didn't become a starter till the early 70's.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X