X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Is that from when the Braves were in the NL West? I remember Falcons were also in the NFC West.
    Yes sir. It was always a battle with the Dodgers in the early 80s and 90s for those division titles when they were good.

I never got into the Astros. The reason for that was because of TBS and WGN always showing the Braves and Cubs.

With me growing up in North Texas it was always the Ranger games instead of Astros games.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

My National League team has always been the Braves and my American League team the Rangers.

The Mets put a whopping on the Braves last weekend.

If they can keep their pitching healthy they have a shot against the Dodgers.
    Is that from when the Braves were in the NL West? I remember Falcons were also in the NFC West.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

My National League team has always been the Braves and my American League team the Rangers.

Yeah, but Dodgers are playing tough.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

For SURE.

But it was the BEST team Ryan was ever played for. And that was what I was responding to. It wasn't the Astros.

Amazing how such a legendary pitcher only pitched 2 1/3 innings in a World Series in his entire career.

Go figure!

I am a Mets fan. Always have been.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Yeah but he was just in a supporting bullpen role. Seaver and Koosman were the studs back then.
    For SURE.

But it was the BEST team Ryan was ever played for. And that was what I was responding to. It wasn't the Astros.

Amazing how such a legendary pitcher only pitched 2 1/3 innings in a World Series in his entire career.

Go figure!

I am a Mets fan. Always have been.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I did say the teams he played had SOME decent seasons and this would qualify as one of them.

Amazing though from that point forward he never played in a World Series. Kind of like Walter Payton who had an amazing carrier and one of the greatest RB of all time and only got to one Super Bowl. Except Nolan's experience was at the very front end of his carrier and pitching an inning or two in relief . While Payton's was the tail end.
    Yes both had amazing careers.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    If you guys are going to talk about MLB for weeks, why not open a new thread?

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

I did say the teams he played had SOME decent seasons and this would qualify as one of them.

Amazing though from that point forward he never played in a World Series. Kind of like Walter Payton who had an amazing carrier and one of the greatest RB of all time and only got to one Super Bowl. Except Nolan's experience was at the very front end of his carrier and pitching an inning or two in relief . While Payton's was the tail end.
    Two postseason games stuck out to me.

Choking game 5 of the 1980 NLCS with the Phillies taking a 5-2 lead in the 8th inning. Was there as a 7 year old watching the NLCS and hoping to see the Houston - Texas A&M football game. They moved the football game to midnight and didn't get to see it in person.

Going 9 innings and striking out 12 in game 5 NLCS against the Mets that they lost in extra innings.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

Ummmm....he was on the '69 Amazing Mets!!
    Yeah but he was just in a supporting bullpen role. Seaver and Koosman were the studs back then.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied

Records are ALWAYS broken!!!
    Allow me to amend - Not in my lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied

No way. Pitchers don't go beyond five innings now, how is that strikeout record going to be broken or the no-hitter record? If records are always broken why is DiMaggio's still holding up? Your response is too easy.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Not a chance, he has two that will never be broken - 7no-no's and 5,714 K's.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by frutedog View Post
    This has what to do with LSC Media Day? Another Diabetes thread. Oh Joy! Are there no Moderators at all?
    Bye Felicia!!!

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Nolan also played on some mediocre to crappy teams... True the Mets, Angels, Astros, and Rangers had some decent seasons during his carrier. The Astros in the mid 80 to late 80's were probably the best of his playing days

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X