X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

You're right about TSU and MSU. And Commerce guy.
    Hey now!!

He is the greatest college radio sportscaster from a town under 10k people in the history of sports radio.

Just ask him.

He'll tell you!

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

WT is a joke.....nah Nana poo poo head....haha!

I live Doc great guy and I've "grown up" listening to him.

He is miles better that Tarleton or Midwesterns home town boys that sound like 2 homers in the coffe shop....
    You're right about TSU and MSU. And Commerce guy.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied

He is miles better that Tarleton or Midwesterns home town boys that sound like 2 homers in the coffe shop....
    TAMUK just hired a long time and recently retired Corpus TV station Sports Anchor and A&I alum to be the Assoicate AD for External Affairs (fundraising, etc.). Hope he gets a chance to be involved in our radio/tv simulcasts this year. The current voice is an Associate SID and he does a decent job doing it solo. The only gripe I have is he always refers to the Javs as TA-Mooooook. Just call us the Javs or Hogs because we are not cattle.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    CWU and WOU both have professionals from regional sports TV channels calling their home games now. CWU no longer has a radio crew that travels with the team (at least they didn't last year). I'm not sure about WOU, but they do have a radio station that broadcasts games. SFU has some local guys calling the games on their YouTube channel. They're pretty good, not very homerish, and very Canadian.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied

Yes. The Eastern guy is a horrible joke.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

Have you heard the others?
    Yes. The Eastern guy is a horrible joke.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I was very happy with the old one. I am fiscally conservative and I find robbing the students for an average high school stadium criminal. I also liked watching great football in an older stadium, unlike you guys who watch lame football from club level.

Sure I would have been happy to give $30MM to renovate Kimbrough, but the administration told the alumni to butt out, so I did. ;) I have no plans to ever visit the BS2

Just FYI - I refuse to go to Astros or Texans games because I felt like the Astrodome was adequate. It was also rarely sold out. There are better ways to spend the people's money than building stadiums. Give good teachers a raise instead.
    I was just kidding you, as I'm sure you guessed.

Leave a comment:

• AngeloFan
    replied

Most of them.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

Well, we wouldn't have that beef (oh woe is us) about our "worse than some HS stadiums" if WT_TKW had stepped up to the plate and kicked in another $30,000,000. WT could have but a $60,000,000 stadium to compete with publicly funded giant tax-based high school districts in North Dallas and elsewhere. Alas, TKW was a no-show when he had the chance.
    I was very happy with the old one. I am fiscally conservative and I find robbing the students for an average high school stadium criminal. I also liked watching great football in an older stadium, unlike you guys who watch lame football from club level.

Sure I would have been happy to give $30MM to renovate Kimbrough, but the administration told the alumni to butt out, so I did. ;) I have no plans to ever visit the BS2

Just FYI - I refuse to go to Astros or Texans games because I felt like the Astrodome was adequate. It was also rarely sold out. There are better ways to spend the people's money than building stadiums. Give good teachers a raise instead.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    And the GoofBall announcer from ENM is broadcaster of the year. Shows how really bad the rest of them are.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I'm ngl, most WT fans are the biggest crybabies lol. "Our stadium is the nicest in D2, and we are located just outside of AMARILLO, but it's not as nice as the nicest HS stadiums in the country that are located in the middle of Dallas or Houston, so I will complain about it :,(" Maybe that's not what you guys are trying to say, but that is how it comes off lol. Just enjoy it.
    Well, we wouldn't have that beef (oh woe is us) about our "worse than some HS stadiums" if WT_TKW had stepped up to the plate and kicked in another $30,000,000. WT could have but a $60,000,000 stadium to compete with publicly funded giant tax-based high school districts in North Dallas and elsewhere. Alas, TKW was a no-show when he had the chance.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post

Don't forget about guy named Steve Nash!!! Pretty good basketball player!
    Yes he was and Brandon Clarke of the Grizzlies is from BC isn't he?

Leave a comment:

• BulldogLB
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

You must have missed the pictures of HS stadiums that Pops and I posted. Here's the one near me. The one where the D2 championship is played is as good or better.

https://www.berrycenter.net/stadium
    I'm ngl, most WT fans are the biggest crybabies lol. "Our stadium is the nicest in D2, and we are located just outside of AMARILLO, but it's not as nice as the nicest HS stadiums in the country that are located in the middle of Dallas or Houston, so I will complain about it :,(" Maybe that's not what you guys are trying to say, but that is how it comes off lol. Just enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Be real. SFU is from an area where the best athletes are playing Hockey. If they are going to compete they will have to look south.
    In Europe the best athletes are playing Soccer. Try as it may American football has never made a big splash over there because they have to use American players.
    Soccer sucks in America because the best athletes are playing football and baseball. We have to import soccer players to have a pro league.
    Yep and the other side of it you don't have any peeps from West Texas playing on the Amarillo independent league hockey team. Lot of Canadians there too.

Leave a comment:

• SINGLE MALT
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Canada has some really good basketball players too. Andrew Wiggins, RJ Barret, and Kelly Olynyk are all from Canada as a few.
    Don't forget about guy named Steve Nash!!! Pretty good basketball player!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X