X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Thanks for the info. I think he can find a team he would rather play for.
    No doubt. He is a talented running back and is going to be missed this season. They are going to be thin at RB unless they get some transfers..but that's not really something Hughes does so I don't expect it.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Harris left the program this spring, I think most of it had to do with his work ethic and buy in. Of course this is coming from a coach, I'm sure Harris would have a different story.
    Thanks for the info. I think he can find a team he would rather play for.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    I see Hughes is taking Jarrod Compton with him. Compton is a very good up-the-middle runner, whereas last year's original starter, Khalil Harris, was multi-talented. Harris did not play toward the end of last year and is not on the 2022 roster. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Maybe Hughes can treat his players to a ball game. Are the Rangers in town?
    Harris left the program this spring, I think most of it had to do with his work ethic and buy in. Of course this is coming from a coach, I'm sure Harris would have a different story.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied

I agree - I just think you are a year late.

When the Houston Astros got ready to move into their new stadium, they traded away several of their best players, knowing that dimwitted fans would come to games to see the new stadium. After a while,r they got some more good players and won a World Series.

It seems like the AD thinks that building that AAA high school stadium (plus Club Level! ) is all he ever needs to do for football. Those silly championship banners cost some bucks, so forget about getting more of them.

Things were different when I went to WT. Students were treated like adults. It was up to you if you graduated or not. There wasn't all the diversity and inclusion crap, and WTSU did not bill itself as a "Hispanic serving" school because they served everyone equally. Nobody cared if a star player graduated or not, because it was their business. Sure there has to be some minimum GPA, but let the students be adults.
    Careful, someone will call the Woke police

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Simon Fraser should bring their lady kicker.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

The poll is what I think will come out tomorrow. It is not my prediction of how the season will play out.
    Yes, I know. The Western New Mexico prediction is all mine.
    Last edited by crixus; 07-27-2022, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    I agree - I just think you are a year late.

When the Houston Astros got ready to move into their new stadium, they traded away several of their best players, knowing that dimwitted fans would come to games to see the new stadium. After a while they got some more good players and won a World Series.

It seems like the AD thinks that building that AAA high school stadium (plus Club Level!) is all he ever needs to do for football. Those silly championship banners cost some bucks, so forget about getting more of them.

Things were different when I went to WT. Students were treated like adults. It was up to you if you graduated or not. There wasn't all the diversity and inclusion crap, and WTSU did not bill itself as a "Hispanic serving" school because they served everyone equally. Nobody cared if a star player graduated or not, because it was their business. Sure there has to be some minimum GPA, but let the students be adults.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    I'm going to be honest, this feels a lot like when CWU and WWU went to the NCC before it folded. They had been playing NCC teams leading up to that too, just like the scheduling alliance had LSC/GNAC games. At least this time WOU isn't left out though as an independent. CWU ended up 3rd their first year in the NCC and lost to GVSU in the SR final.
    I'm betting you really like alphabet soup! ;)

Leave a comment:

• JavsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

Western New Mexico plays @ Simon Fraser this season, but I agree with the poll and predict a Mustangs win in BC.
    The poll is what I think will come out tomorrow. It is not my prediction of how the season will play out.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied
    I see Hughes is taking Jarrod Compton with him. Compton is a very good up-the-middle runner, whereas last year's original starter, Khalil Harris, was multi-talented. Harris did not play toward the end of last year and is not on the 2022 roster. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Maybe Hughes can treat his players to a ball game. Are the Rangers in town?
    LOL! I was wondering if one of Buffloons was going to go there... Maybe the Frisco Roughriders are in town?

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AngeloFan
    replied
    Simon Fraser should bring their lady kicker.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Really looking forward to this season and thank you Lone Star Conference for accepting us far flung West Coast members.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
    Prediction of the Pre-Season Poll

1. Angelo State
    2. Central Washington
    3. Midwestern State (could flip with CWU)
    4. West Texas A&M
    5. Texas A&M-Kingsville
    6. UT Permian Basin
    7. Western Oregon
    8. Eastern New Mexico
    9. Western New Mexico
    10. Simon Fraser
    Western New Mexico plays @ Simon Fraser this season, but I agree with the poll and predict a Mustangs win in BC.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    I'm going to be honest, this feels a lot like when CWU and WWU went to the NCC before it folded. They had been playing NCC teams leading up to that too, just like the scheduling alliance had LSC/GNAC games. At least this time WOU isn't left out though as an independent. CWU ended up 3rd their first year in the NCC and lost to GVSU in the SR final.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X