3 Central Washington 207
    4 West Texas A&M 1 198
    5 UT Permian Basin 2 150
    6 Texas A&M-Kingsville 143
    7 Western Oregon 108
    8 Eastern New Mexico 97
    9 Western New Mexico 57
    10 Simon Fraser 32

Looks about right to me. ASU and MSU will be tough on the road for WT. Should know after game 6 if WT is going to contend for a playoff spot or time to make the coaching change then and move on.

Comment

Hopefully LSC can look at having 3 playoff teams and not get shuffled to face NWMSU in the first round.

Comment

I've got Midwestern State winning the LSC, (lived in Wichita Falls, TX for a few years). Go Mustangs!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
          I've got Midwestern State winning the LSC, (lived in Wichita Falls, TX for a few years). Go Mustangs!
          It's funny how coaches match up against each other. Maskill was very hard to beat by both Carthels, while Nesbitt and Hughes have had some success against him. Maskill is only 13-14 wins from being the top winning coach in LSC history.

I personally think WT is probably rated a slot or two higher than they should be. I look at the other teams and except maybe for the last 2, recognize they could all beat WT. Whether they will or not comes down to coaching. Remember last year's debacle against WOU. That coach proved he could beat a team with much better players. Hughes proved that he can lose to any team, while Kingsville had no trouble defeating WOU.

I still think about the 28-0 drubbing WT took from ENMU in Kimbrough a few years ago. That was the worst home game I've ever seen. 8 first downs, 134 yards of total offense. ENMU was 5-6 for the year. WT was 6-5, but lost 3 out of the last 4 games.

Remember last year against UTPB? Their coach publicly announced the victory before they played. UTPB was up at one point 42-17. UTPB finished 5-5.

Good coaches don't lose big to average teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
            Looks about right to me. ASU and MSU will be tough on the road for WT.rShould know after game 6 if WT is going to contend for a playoff spot or time to make the coaching change then and move on.
            Wt will be 3-3. Basketball will start the next week and it will be time to move on.
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Wt will be 3-3. Basketball will start the next week and it will be time to move on.
              *EYE ROLL*

WT will be 9-2 at the worst. I happen to believe they will be in contention for the LSC title.

I also believe Angelo lost too many players to win the LSC. I certainly can be wrong as I don't have any real inside scoop. But that's what I am getting.

Not sure about MSU-Texas. Don't know what to think. They were hot and cold last year. They finish 2nd or 3rd.

CWU will be fighting for the LSC title as well.

Should be a REALLY, REALLY exciting year!! Maybe a few shockers?? Count on it!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

*EYE ROLL*

WT will be 9-2 at the worst. I happen to believe they will be in contention for the LSC title.

I also believe Angelo lost too many players to win the LSC. I certainly can be wrong as I don't have any real inside scoop. But that's what I am getting.

Not sure about MSU-Texas. Don't know what to think. They were hot and cold last year. They finish 2nd or 3rd.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?
                If history holds true, after 6 games Wt will have lost to ASU & MSU and played our "WTH" game against UTPB or the Jav's.

With any luck, the AD will announce that Hughes "Has the school's full support." Signaling the start of a search for the next coach.
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

If history holds true, after 6 games Wt will have lost to ASU & MSU and played our "WTH" game against UTPB or the Jav's.

With any luck, the AD will announce that Hughes "Has the school's full support." Signaling the start of a search for the next coach.

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

*EYE ROLL*

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.
                    If WT loses to Western Colorado at home the first game of the season then the alarm bells will be ringing loud and clear.

Western Colorado was a playoff team last year but don't see them as strong as Central Washington, Angelo State, or Midwestern State.

WT needs to win 2 out of 3 against the "big 3" of the LSC and win the others to leave no doubt.

Anything other than that its up to the SOS gods.

They aren't going to get much help in that department unless Adams State drastically improves their 1-10 record from last year.

Comment

I do not see ASU finishing near the top. The offense is loaded with skill players and the defense should be better than last year.

The down side is the offensive line. All Sophomores and Red shirt Fr who saw limited playing time last year. There is not enough information to assess how good they will be. Of course they could all be super star OLmen and all will be OK.

Wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It's funny how coaches match up against each other. Maskill was very hard to beat by both Carthels, while Nesbitt and Hughes have had some success against him. Maskill is only 13-14 wins from being the top winning coach in LSC history.

I personally think WT is probably rated a slot or two higher than they should be. I look at the other teams and except maybe for the last 2, recognize they could all beat WT. Whether they will or not comes down to coaching. Remember last year's debacle against WOU. That coach proved he could beat a team with much better players. Hughes proved that he can lose to any team, while Kingsville had no trouble defeating WOU.

I still think about the 28-0 drubbing WT took from ENMU in Kimbrough a few years ago. That was the worst home game I've ever seen. 8 first downs, 134 yards of total offense. ENMU was 5-6 for the year. WT was 6-5, but lost 3 out of the last 4 games.

Remember last year against UTPB? Their coach publicly announced the victory before they played. UTPB was up at one point 42-17. UTPB finished 5-5.

Good coaches don't lose big to average teams.
                        If only the transitive property applied to football.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

If only the transitive property applied to football.
                          He brought up a good point.

For WT to be taken seriously you cant lose games to UTPB and Western Oregon when other TEAMS (literally more than one) in the LSC had no trouble beating them.

If it were an one off totally get it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X