Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-2023 WT Women's Basketball

Pops, this (early) thread is for you. I'm not waiting for WT FB to tromp down the chute before starting it.

Daayaanm! The Lady Buff BB team had their first pick-up scrimmage yesterday and I had a chance to watch them. Even though it was an unorganized event, just the girls getting together to play themselves, you could see the talent oozing out there.

I left with a big freaking grin on my face! Man, if only FB could put an ear-to-ear grin on me. What difference a sport makes!

The LSC better get ready for a "statement" Lady Buff team.

I'll keep it short for now. Bigger inside, faster, better outside shooting. A good recipe for match-up hell for opposing coaches (and players).

I hope FB can create some excitement. But, I can guarantee you this Lady Buff BB team will be EXCITING to watch.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-30-2022, 07:16 AM.

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Pops, this (early) thread is for you. I'm not waiting for WT FB to tromp down the chute before starting it.

Daayaanm! The Lady Buff BB team had their first pick-up scrimmage yesterday and I had a chance to watch them. Even though it was an unorganized event, just the girls getting together to play themselves, you could see the talent oozing out there.

I left with a big freaking grin on my face! Man, if only FB could put an ear-to-ear grin on me. What a difference a sport makes!

I'll keep it short for now. Bigger inside, faster, better outside shooting. A good recipe for match-up hell for opposing coaches (and players).

I hope FB can create some excitement. But, I can guarantee you this Lady Buff BB team will be EXCITING to watch.
    Wt looks really good on paper. As far as I can tell Wt is the only school that has posted its updated roster.
    More talent and more depth doesn't mean more wins, however, its a good start.
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 09-01-2022, 08:54 PM.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

With the bad taste in my mouth of WT FB's 6 turnover loss Sat night still in my mouth, I went to Lady Buff BB practice yesterday.

I watched 2 of the very best teams in the LSC. Coach Prock could divide them up and have a helluva game on his hands. This group is going to be a lot of fun for WT Lady Buff fans to watch. The girls and coaches were having a lot of fun doing drills. Putting in some defenses. Running offenses. I really like the way Coach Prock handles things. He makes it fun for the girls. You can see how they are way ahead of where they were last season at this time. Returners are providing leadership. Newbies are making their presence felt. It was a great practice! I was impressed with our speed, size, and ability to shoot the 3. I believe I overheard Coach tell the girls they should be one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country.

I don't know exactly how Coach Prock will roll out this plethora of assembled talent, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a page from the WT men's coach, Tom Brown, and have these girls play FAST. Force teams to speed up. Fast on D. Fast up the court. Fast to find an open shot. Fast to score. That's what I'd do. We'll see.

This is not the same team as last year. It is BETTER!
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-20-2022, 11:30 AM.

Comment

With the bad taste in my mouth of WT FB's 6 turnover loss Sat night still in my mouth, I went to Lady Buff BB practice yesterday.

I watched 2 of the very best teams in the LSC. Coach Prock could divide them up and have a helluva game on his hands. This group is going to be a lot of fun for WT Lady Buff fans to watch. The girls and coaches were having a lot of fun doing drills, and putting in some defenses. Running offenses. I really like the way Coach Prock handles things. He makes it fun for the girls. You can see how they are way ahead of where they were last season at this time. Returners are providing leadership. Newbies are making their presence felt. It was a great practice! I was impressed with our speed, size, and ability to shoot the 3. I believe I overheard Coach tell the girls they should be one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the country.

I don't know exactly how Coach Prock will roll out this plethora of assembled talent, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a page from the WT men's coach, Tom Brown, and have these girls play FAST. Force teams to speed up. Fast on D. Fast up the court. Fast to find an open shot. Fast to score. That's what I'd do. We'll see.

I remember several times a game last year Coach would hold up his hand-up and slow the tempo down. I think that will not happen this year. It sure looks like Wt has all the pieces in place to make another deep run. The departure of TAMUC leaves Wt, LCU, and ASU battling for the top spot.

With 16 players Wt may red-shirt one or two of the incoming freshmen. This is going to be fun.

Comment

I left with a big freaking grin on my face! Man, if only FB could put an ear-to-ear grin on me. What difference a sport makes!

🙄

No matter how many times y'all post....no matter how early you post.....NO ONE I know gives a rat's azz about girls basketball unless they have daughters or granddaughters who play! The general public could not care less!!

FOOTBALL RULES! And ALWAYS will.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

🙄

No matter how many times y'all post....no matter how early you post.....NO ONE I know gives a rat's azz about girls basketball unless they have daughters or granddaughters who play! The general public could not care less!!

Sorry.
            At WT, unfortunately at this time, FB does not rule. If there was something to be passionate about WT FB, I would be. Besides, if I didn't care about the FB program I would not have missed in person only @ 8 games since 1968. I'm not counting the 2019, 2020, and part of 2021 seasons when I was laid up paralyzed. I did stream all but a couple of those games, so I was there in spirit! Ha!

In the meantime, my love for WT men's and women's BB and SB will be posted on here from time to time for YOUR pleasure and the interest of anyone else who enjoys those sports.

Comment

ASUPops wrote:

Sorry.
              Sorry to burst your bubble, Pops, but many BuffNation fans do give a rat's azz about basketball, both men's & women's. Both programs are highly successful and enjoy a great following. Football may rule your world but not everyone lives in your world. So, like BC, I will post occasionally about WT BB, VB and Baseball for your enjoyment.

Comment

🙄

Sorry.
                The state of Connecticut may disagree with you. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                  ASUPops wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, Pops, but many BuffNation fans do give a rat's azz about basketball, both men's & women's. Both programs are highly successful and enjoy a great following. Football may rule your world but not everyone lives in your world. So, like BC, I will post occasionally about WT BB, VB, and Baseball for your enjoyment.
                  However, football needs to join the success of other programs

Comment

At WT, unfortunately at this time, FB does not rule. If there was something to be passionate about WT FB, I would be. Besides, if I didn't care about the FB program I would not have missed in person only @ 8 games since 1968. I'm not counting the 2019, 2020, and part of 2021 seasons when I was laid up paralyzed. I did stream all but a couple of those games, so I was there in spirit! Ha!

In the meantime, my love for WT men's and women's BB and SB will be posted on here from time to time for YOUR pleasure and the interest of anyone else who enjoys those sports.
                    Hahaha. I love ya Chip!

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                      ASUPops wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, Pops, but many BuffNation fans do give a rat's azz about basketball, both men's & women's. Both programs are highly successful and enjoy a great following. Football may rule your world but not everyone lives in your world. So, like BC, I will post occasionally about WT BB, VB and Baseball for your enjoyment.
                      RIGHT! I saw the movie "Friday Night BASKETBALL". I see the MILLIONS of viewers every week cramming the local sports B&G's to watch the beloved Womrn's Basketball.

This is TEXAS. Football rules!!! If you don't love it, California & Chicago will welcome you with open arms! Haha ;)

Comment

LOL! One loss and the WTAM Buffaloons throw in the towel on their football season and start talking about thump-thump season. It has to be a record though this early.

Comment

RIGHT! I saw the movie "Friday Night BASKETBALL". I see the MILLIONS of viewers every week cramming the local sports B&G's to watch the beloved Womrn's Basketball.

This is TEXAS. Football rules!!! If you don't love it, California & Chicago will welcome you with open arms! Haha ;)
                          Martha's Vineyard might even welcome them for cheese and wine.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                            LOL! One loss and the WTAM Buffaloons throw in the towel on their football season and start talking about thump-thump season. It has to be a record though this early.
                            We are staggered and taking the standing 8 count. Angelo can deliver the knockout punch or WT gets up off the deck and makes it a fight.

Comment

Watched the pick-up game today - the above quote is a HUGE understatement.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X