Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile at Angelo State....

A sixth member of the Angelo State University football team was arrested for robbery by the San Angelo Police Department on Thursday afternoon.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Police affidavits filed in Tom Green County reveal details about the robbery that landed six ASU football players in jail.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Glad to see Angelo stepping up for the LSC now that Commerce is D1.

Comment

Glad to see that Girsch immediately suspended these players. They are done! All are recruits signed in February. 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 2 CB's.

Wonder which LSC team will pick them up next year?
        Last edited by ASUPops; 09-03-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          Glad to see that Girsch immediately suspended these players. They are done! All are recruits signed in February. 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 2 CB's.

Wonder which LSC team will pick them up next year?
          What was he supposed to do? Not suspend them? Doesn't change the fact that he recruited those thugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

What was he supposed to do? Not suspend them? Doesn't change the fact that he recruited those thugs.
            Thank you for the intellectual post. Very enlightening! It's not often we get a superior human like you posting on this inferior site.

Bless your heart! And I mean that in the biggest way.

Comment

No program is immune to this kind of behavior. The actions of the Coaching Staff and Administrators are what is important. Lead by example.

Comment

I don't think it is optional for on campus criminal activity at ASU. They gone.

Besides, I think they proved they are to dumb to go to college.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

No program is immune to this kind of behavior. The actions of the Coaching Staff and Administrators are what is important. Lead by example.
                  I could post links to athlete arrests for every LSC institution. Past & present.

Normally, these are freshman recruits. Coming in like big dogs, smellin' themselves. Making the worst mistakes of their lives. It is the most crucial time for young men.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    I don't think it is optional for on campus criminal activity at ASU. They gone.

Besides, I think they proved they are to dumb to go to college.
                    I do not believe it is "automatic". I do believe administrative proceedings must take place. I have seen student athletes arrested for on campus activity (as well as off campus activity) not get suspended from the team, nor expelled from the institution until they are proven guilty and sentenced. Due process.

But I have no inside knowledge of what happened in this situation.

Comment

I do not believe it is "automatic". I do believe administrative proceedings must take place. I have seen student athletes arrested for on campus activity (as well as off campus activity) not get suspended from the team, nor expelled from the institution until they are proven guilty and sentenced. Due process.

But I have no inside knowledge of what happened in this situation.
                      Also depends on who you are, how "great" you are, and the school.

99% of the time at any other school Baker Mayfield would have been banished to an FCS school.

Comment

Girsh should be fired for recruiting these type of teenagers. he has embarrassed the distinguished univ of Angelo State and the football program. What a loser right? And he should never be able to coach at any university ever again. Just to piggy back off what ASUpops mentioned, I was able to dig deep and lucky find some other examples of the Girsh type of recruits he likes and apparently other coaches for other prestigious institution in the lonestar conference who seek out to recruit and also hire as coaching staff.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-one-arrested/

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/..._universi.html

https://www.newschannel10.com/story/...yers-indicted/

https://www.newschannel10.com/story/...glary-charges/

Comment

I could post links to athlete arrests for every LSC institution. Past & present.

Normally, these are freshman recruits. Coming in like big dogs, smellin' themselves. Making the worst mistakes of their lives. It is the most crucial time for young men.
                          This, seems to happen a lot. I remember one of the better recruits of the Nesbitt years went down with several others for debit card fraud and other things his freshman year and then disappeared and never played. This is very common it seems unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

Girsh should be fired for recruiting these type of teenagers. he has embarrassed the distinguished univ of Angelo State and the football program. What a loser right? And he should never be able to coach at any university ever again. Just to piggy back off what ASUpops mentioned, I was able to dig deep and lucky find some other examples of the Girsh type of recruits he likes and apparently other coaches for other prestigious institution in the lonestar conference who seek out to recruit and also hire as coaching staff.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-one-arrested/

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/..._universi.html

https://www.newschannel10.com/story/...yers-indicted/

https://www.newschannel10.com/story/...glary-charges/
                            Nice Central Wash example from 2006,they were Lonestar then? Didn't know that.
                            Last edited by Gridiron Bobby; 09-07-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the intellectual post. Very enlightening! It's not often we get a superior human like you posting on this inferior site.

Bless your heart! And I mean that in the biggest way.
                              You are welcome, let me know what else you need.
                              Last edited by Gridiron Bobby; 09-07-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X