Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I could post links to athlete arrests for every LSC institution. Past & present.

Normally, these are freshman recruits. Coming in like big dogs, smellin' themselves. Making the worst mistakes of their lives. It is the most crucial time for young men.
    Back in the day.... way back now like 80's and 90's. A&I could have very well housed a staff probation officer for the number of players we had that were in trouble with the law. Either before they got there or while they were attending school. Like you said, they did dumb things and sometimes really dumb things, but now many of them have long turned things around and are very much productive members of society.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Glad to see Angelo stepping up for the LSC now that Commerce is D1.
      I thought it was Tarleton not you all? Or was that just their basketball program?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Back in the day.... way back now like 80's and 90's. A&I could have very well housed a staff probation officer for the number of players we had that were in trouble with the law. Either before they got there or while they were attending school. Like you said, they did dumb things and sometimes really dumb things, but now many of them have long turned things around and are very much productive members of society.
        What's the TAMUK recidivism rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Nice Central Wash example from 2006,they were Lonestar then? Didn't know that.
          https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/memb...9ba6c8768.html

is this a more current enough example for you. Or do I need to wait for something to possibly happened at CWU this year then I can claim Lonestar Conference team. My example is to say this happens at more than half of universities including ( Current LSC members and former GNAC members ). If this was a pattern of this happening on a regular basis with the type of kids that are brought in then ok, lets really start to evaluate the coaches judgment.But Im not laying the blame on girsh or any other coaches of school I mention. Check the recruiting classes Urban Meyer brought in at florida and Briles at Baylor and you tell this in on the same level as what has happened recently at Angelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/memb...9ba6c8768.html

is this a more current enough example for you. Or do I need to wait for something to possibly happened at CWU this year then I can claim Lonestar Conference team. My example is to say this happens at more than half of universities including ( Current LSC members and former GNAC members ). If this was a pattern of this happening on a regular basis with the type of kids that are brought in then ok, lets really start to evaluate the coaches judgment.But Im not laying the blame on girsh or any other coaches of school I mention. Check the recruiting classes Urban Meyer brought in at florida and Briles at Baylor and you tell this in on the same level as what has happened recently at Angelo.
            You're reaching. Completely get what you're trying to do, but how about make it relevant to at least bring up a time when the current HC was in charge at a place. Similar to last week at Angelo. It sucks it happened, but you can't normalize it, as hard as you're trying. And I'm sorry, but a DUI in 2015 is not even close to the same thing as six guys jumping someone. Is it that hard to admit? You just have to be that bad of a homer? And no, you're right, don't place any blame on any coach who recruits players who make a mistake weeks into their tenure at a school. That makes total sense.

Comment

You're reaching. Completely get what you're trying to do, but how about make it relevant to at least bring up a time when the current HC was in charge at a place. Similar to last week at Angelo. It sucks it happened, but you can't normalize it, as hard as you're trying. And I'm sorry, but a DUI in 2015 is not even close to the same thing as six guys jumping someone. Is it that hard to admit? You just have to be that bad of a homer? And no, you're right, don't place any blame on any coach who recruits players who make a mistake weeks into their tenure at a school. That makes total sense.
              You are far superior than I, so you should have no problem working your puter and doing a Google search yourself. Let us inferior humans know what YOU find.

ASUfam&fan is absolutely, 100% correct. Zero reaching and no homerism involved. Just pure facts.

You clearly are clueless and it appears as if you never played or coached college ball.

I do not know you, but it also appears as if you do not have much experience at working with young adults.

Maybe reserve your advice for things you do have expertise or valid experience in.

Say hello to your son Jesus for me.
              Last edited by ASUPops; 09-08-2022, 05:08 AM.

Comment

You are far superior than I, so you should have no problem working your puter and doing a Google search yourself. Let us inferior humans know what YOU find.

ASUfam&fan is absolutely, 100% correct. Zero reaching and no homerism involved. Just pure facts.

You clearly are clueless and it sppears as if you never played or coached college ball.

I do not know you, but it also appears as if you do not have much experience at working with young adults.

Maybe reserve your advice for things you do have expertise or valid experience in.

Say hello to your son Jesus for me.
                Feel free to post when you have something relevant to type. You guys want to pass it off as normal for these things to happen, that's on you. Posting about a new LSC team from seven, thirteen, and sixteen years ago is laughable. Central's HC wasn't even there then. Everyone knows these things happen, but it JUST happened at Angelo, that is what is current and relelvant. It's wrong, and lauding a coach for doing the obvious isn't anything to be "glad" about. It was on video, what were his choices? I just think you're a missing the point if you can't figure it out. You might be a great guy, and honestly probably are, but you're the one that's clueless here.

Comment

Feel free to post when you have something relevant to type. You guys want to pass it off as normal for these things to happen, that's on you. Posting about a new LSC team from seven, thirteen, and sixteen years ago is laughable. Central's HC wasn't even there then. Everyone knows these things happen, but it JUST happened at Angelo, that is what is current and relelvant. It's wrong, and lauding a coach for doing the obvious isn't anything to be "glad" about. It was on video, what were his choices? I just think you're a missing the point if you can't figure it out. You might be a great guy, and honestly probably are, but you're the one that's clueless here.
                  The only thing I reached for is a keyboard googled examples of incidents at other universities, and as you feel I am trying to “normalize” what happened. I gave u facts of other programs dealing with the same issues and when I mentioned cwu It seemed to get you annoyed as if you were a “homer”. Don’t let the title of my user name or other user names confuse u as us being “homers”. If this was WT and you said the same thing bout Hughes is responsible for recruiting these thugs” You would have gotten the same response from me. I could care less that this was at angelo. Every other person who posts on this board from other lsc programs stated unfortunate incidents happened there also. They didn’t blame the coach for them recruiting as you say “thugs”. I will and I bet others and including yourself would not normalize this behavior as you have accused a few of us doing. That would be mean we would be ok with the actual crime that took place cause it’s just well “normal”. They will get what they deserve. The victim of this crime I pray will recover from this. If i don’t see a pattern of coaches players having issues such as this, Then I’m not fixing to crucify the coach. Why not applaud a coach for acting on it. We would all be jumping on a coach for letting things slide. I gave u examples of Florida and Baylor where there are hard “facts” of shi*** coaches who let incidents slide.
                  FYI ( I pray no one has to or has experienced this ) DUI is putting more lives in danger than a aggravated robbery. I have a way better chance of walking away from.robbery than someone who doesn’t have control of a 2 ton vehicle.

Comment

Angelo State picking up the vacuum hole left by TAMU Commerce & Tarleton.

Not sure what bubble Bobby lives in but you don’t have to look very hard or far to find athletes in trouble with the law all over the country.

News flash Bobby a lot of good athletes come from broken homes and are not equipped for university life. But, who knows who they are and no one should be condemned before they are given a chance.

it’s not the lawless act but the response to the act that should matter.

Art Briles should never be allowed near a college campus imho not because he recruited thugs which he did but the fact not only did turn a blind eye but had asst coaches running cover for these thugs.

if Angelo would have followed his example I’d be in the same boat as you are on this.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

Girsh should be fired for recruiting these type of teenagers. he has embarrassed the distinguished univ of Angelo State and the football program. What a loser right? And he should never be able to coach at any university ever again. Just to piggy back off what ASUpops mentioned, I was able to dig deep and lucky find some other examples of the Girsh type of recruits he likes and apparently other coaches for other prestigious institution in the lonestar conference who seek out to recruit and also hire as coaching staff.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-one-arrested/

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/..._universi.html

https://www.newschannel10.com/story/...yers-indicted/

https://www.newschannel10.com/story/...glary-charges/
                      All I know is WT (and it's fan base of Carthel supporters) caught a mountain of sh!t from everybody on here when our problems hit the fan. It was not fun then and it's not fun to think about now. The Mute button was not functioning.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

All I know is WT (and it's fan base of Carthel supporters) caught a mountain of sh!t from everybody on here when our problems hit the fan. It was not fun then and it's not fun to think about now. The Mute button was not functioning.
                        Yeah. It's always a lose lose situation. Unfortunately, it happens to too many schools.

Like what happened this year to WT freshman recruit Kyron Henderson who was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Just plan STUPID!! https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/2022/2/...on.aspx?id=467 He was going to be a REAL good one for the Buffs. BIG. Hands of gold!

So, should Hunter's character come into question because he recruited Henderson? Of course not!!! That would be asinine.

Comment

Yeah. It's always a lose lose situation. Unfortunately, it happens to too many schools.

Like what happened this year to WT freshman recruit Kyron Henderson who was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Just plan STUPID!! https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/2022/2/...on.aspx?id=467 He was going to be a REAL good one for the Buffs. BIG. Hands of gold!

So, should Hunter's character come into question because he recruited Henderson? Of course not!!! That would be asinine.
                          If Henderson get's thru his legal difficulties and successfully begins his probation........as far as I'm concerned, he should be given a chance to continue his career and seek a college degree.. A dumbass mistake by a 18/19 year old does not always mean the person is a bad person. His life is not over. I'd give him a 2nd chance if I were WT.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

If Henderson get's thru his legal difficulties and successfully begins his probation........as far as I'm concerned, he should be given a chance to continue his career and seek a college degree.. A dumbass mistake by a 18/19 year old does not always mean the person is a bad person. His life is not over. I'd give him a 2nd chance if I were WT.
                            I agree 100%!!!!!!

Comment

ASU 3 Mines 0 3:54 1st

Comment

3-3 11:45 2nd

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X