Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogs vs Buffs

Like I stated in a previous thread, after the first two weeks, I don't know how good we are. Had we been up 28-0 at halftime against Sul Ross, pulled our starters out by the end of the 3td qtr and still won by 35, I'd be a little more optimistic. Instead, we didn't look "much improved" against a bad DIII team. That being said, I hope the Hogs make some improvements and play a flawless game this weekend.

GO HOGS!!!

Yeah I think we are in the same place with the Buffs. A week ago we were on a "high" since they beat a ranked playoff team from the RMAC. Then Western Colorado turns around and loses to UTPB in overtime. UTPB the previous week was blown out by Southwest Baptist. WT didn't look as dominant as I thought they should against Adams.

I would probably make WT a 6 point favorite at home. Both teams feel they can win this game for different reasons.

Comment

If we start off like last week, we will lose by 35.

I hope our defensive game plan was so basic because of our opening opponents and not an indication of what we will see for the rest of the season. and our O-Line still looks terrible.
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Yeah, Sul Ross State showed the weaknesses of the Javelinas including our quarterback having to scramble away from defensive line too often. I think the Javs will adjust and be ready for the Buffs. I can’t help but be optimistic about the Javs.

Comment

I saw the score sometime in the second quarter and was thinking with Sul Ross was much better than expected. Or the Javs are not quite there yet? I then saw the final and then thought the same. Or maybe it was one of these games that was thought to be in the bag and the team from the coaching staff to the ball boy kind of responds? It occurs in the big boy divisions too with the elite in those divisions. They will spank at top 10 and then look pedestrian against a mid major or even an FCS.

It might have been better for the Javs to had played at least one D2 opponent for the non conference schedule to at least get a grasp where they might stand in D2 because it's still a guess two weeks later where they stand. Also the above mention of points of concern... What happened to all these transfers that were supposed to be coming in? Is the QB slot in good hands? I thought some good speedsters at RB and WR were also tabled to come in.
          Last edited by LSC Fan; 09-12-2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

The Peccaries can win this game if they are much less generous than last year. A road trip like this one is tough on the players so I will pick WT by 3.

Comment

If Wt is ready to play this game should not be close-14+
              If the Buff's history holds (Up & Down) The Hog's can win this one.

Going to split the difference - Wt by 10
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Looks like WT is making an effort to get a good crowd for this game.

Copy and paste from the WT facebook page.

All educators get in free with school badge.

EDUCATORS NIGHT
                Join us as we honor all of our Educators in the Texas Panhandle at WT Home Football Game Saturday, September 17th. Your WT Buffaloes (2-0) take on the Javelinas of Texas A&M Kingsville (2-0) at 7PM at Bain-Schaeffer Buffalo Stadium in Canyon, Texas.
                All Area Education Professionals & Their Families Are Admitted FREE Courtesy of Education Credit Union
                (Must Present School ID at Gate for Admission)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                  Looks like WT is making an effort to get a good crowd for this game.

Copy and paste from the WT facebook page.

All educators get in free with school badge.

EDUCATORS NIGHT
                  Join us as we honor all of our Educators in the Texas Panhandle at WT Home Football Game Saturday, September 17th. Your WT Buffaloes (2-0) take on the Javelinas of Texas A&M Kingsville (2-0) at 7PM at Bain-Schaeffer Buffalo Stadium in Canyon, Texas.
                  All Area Education Professionals & Their Families Are Admitted FREE Courtesy of Education Credit Union
                  (Must Present School ID at Gate for Admission)
                  You’d think $5 General Admission tickets would be cheap enough to fill the shiny new stadium. More than half the seats there cost less than your average cheeseburger.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post

You’d think $5 General Admission tickets would be cheap enough to fill the shiny new stadium. More than half the seats there cost less than your average cheeseburger.
                    Youth and kid sports are king around here and they are always going on Saturdays. It really hurts attendance in my opinion.

Comment

Where I am coming from is WT still doesn't do that great of a job getting the word out there outside of Canyon about football and the games.

People that may not consider WT football their thing on a consistent basis may take the family there for one night to at least boost attendance and who knows the new stadium might make an impression.

When I shared the link on facebook I had several people reach out to me on there and on text to tell me they didn't think WT still had a football team because they started to suck, no longer saw advertisements for it on Amarillo TV stations, and drove by Kimbrough Stadium on weekends and didn't see cars or anything going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Where I am coming from is WT still doesn't do that great of a job getting the word out there outside of Canyon about football and the games.

People that may not consider WT football their thing on a consistent basis may take the family there for one night to at least boost attendance and who knows the new stadium might make an impression.

When I shared the link on facebook I had several people reach out to me on there and on text to tell me they didn't think WT still had a football team because they started to suck, no longer saw advertisements for it on Amarillo TV stations, and drove by Kimbrough Stadium on weekends and didn't see cars or anything going on there.

I agree for the most part. WT is horrible at promoting their games. And I don’t have a problem with letting educators and their families in free, if it fills the place up. I suppose consistent winning program (playoffs) would help a lot. But I don’t think the tens of millions spent building the place has shown much of a return on investment, yet. And whoever said they drive by the former Kimbrough and nothing’s going on there must be blind. CISD has games there every week. And they did an awesome job updating and remodeling the place (for much less than WT spent on the new Buffalo Stadium). I like both venues, but Kimbrough will always be my favorite.

Comment

[QUOTE=Great White Buffalo;n693838]Wt is ready to play this game and will win by 14+
                          If the Buff's history holds, the Hog's can not win this one.

Wt by 14+ (/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.

Comment

I agree for the most part. WT is horrible at promoting their games. And I don’t have a problem with letting educators and their families in free, if it fills the place up. I suppose consistent winning program (playoffs) would help a lot. But I don’t think the tens of millions spent building the place has shown much of a return on investment, yet. And whoever said they drive by the former Kimbrough and nothing’s going on there must be blind. CISD has games there every week. And they did an awesome job updating and remodeling the place (for much less than WT spent on the new Buffalo Stadium). I like both venues, but Kimbrough will always be my favorite.
                            I agree as well. You would think that a new smaller stadium on campus would have zero issues filling up to capacity. The gripe was always that students didn't want to drive out to Kimbrough.

High school games are rarely played out there on Saturday afternoon/nights which is where the comment is coming from on Kimbrough looking dead.

Comment

Yeah, I remember when Texas A&I Javelina stadium had an attendance north of 10,000 consistently and many times 15,000 but that’s when they had winning seasons. In the last few years the most that I have seen on a good Saturday was around 7,000. We used to have some of the top attendance in D2 football. Local newspapers used to post attendance every game but not anymore! Maybe that’s why the powers that be haven’t added any bling to the stadium. This past Saturday’s game drew about 7k. Hopefully the Hoggies can reign again and draw big crowds.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X