Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Wt was out played - out worked - out coached. Congrats to the Jav's.
    I watched a good bit of the game tonight and can see why WT fans are frustrated with the offense. It's true that almost every first down play is a run up the middle for little to no gain. WT was bound and determined to get the ground game going despite not having success. They should have been down a lot more to Kingsville but the defense helped them stay close.

Comment

How In the world was WT ranked 12th. Lol

Comment

Fred, maybe the Javelinas are just better this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
          How In the world was WT ranked 12th. Lol
          ask ASSPops. he swore they were legit
          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Welp. Hughes needs to pack his $hit if they lose to Angelo next week. Congrats to the Javs.

Comment

Great game for the Javelinas. Next up, Eastern New Mexico! Go Hoggies!

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
                Fred, maybe the Javelinas are just better this season?
                That wasn’t a shot at the Javs. Doesn’t surprise me at all the they beat WT.
                WT beats 2 RMAC teams and they climb to 12. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm watching Penn St at Auburn. Thousands of empty seats. Ol Miss at Georgia Tech. Same, BYU at Or looks like a full house. OU at Neb was a sellout. Kansas at Houston thousands of empty seats. Cool at Minn looks pretty full. Teen Martin at Boise some empty seats.

Other than at Nebraska, Oregon, and Minnesota, there were thousands of empty seats at the other games. I think we need to face it..... attendance at college football is down at all levels.

At WT, I can remember when the local TV stations did interviews with coaches and players during the week, teasing an upcoming game. No more. I remember when the Amarillo newspaper did the same with stories during the week about the team, players, and upcoming opponent. No more. Local sports coverage has pretty much become a thing of the past. What sports manpower the local TV and newspapers manage is geared toward high school coverage.

WT sends out it's digital, but if you're not on the list you den't get any heads ups about upcoming games from other sources till maybe game day. So, today, how do you reach the general public and interest them in an upcoming FB game?

One thing I might try is direct mail. What would a direct mail piece sent throughout the Panhandle cost? Probably about $100,000 to cover the entire Panhandle. That may not be cost effective. However, a lesser targeted direct mail might make sense. Do a BOGO coupon with the direct mail piece where redemptions are tracked. It could be a marketing piece that could be used for multiple games, even the entire season. Basic marketing. Might be with a try. Split the marketing cost with a partner.....TootnTotum, PakaSak, Allsups, United, Walmart, McDonald's. Wendy's.Ford or GM dealers, etc. Time to think outside the box.
                  The previous AD worked with TootnTotem to promote games, and they would sell tickets at a discount. Press Pass sports offers some coverage of WT sports.

it's hard to market turds though, which is what the McBroom football coaches have produced.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
                    Anyone know the radio station that is playing this game? I'm in California...and I'm tired of watching stats.
                    We don't do radio anymore.

Comment

I'm watching Penn St at Auburn. Thousands of empty seats. Ol Miss at Georgia Tech. Same, BYU at Or looks like a full house. OU at Neb was a sellout. Kansas at Houston thousands of empty seats. Cool at Minn looks pretty full. Teen Martin at Boise some empty seats.

Other than at Nebraska, Oregon, and Minnesota, there were thousands of empty seats at the other games. I think we need to face it..... attendance at college football is down at all levels.

At WT, I can remember when the local TV stations did interviews with coaches and players during the week, teasing an upcoming game. No more. I remember when the Amarillo newspaper did the same with stories during the week about the team, players, and upcoming opponent. No more. Local sports coverage has pretty much become a thing of the past. What sports manpower the local TV and newspapers manage is geared toward high school coverage.

WT sends out it's digital, but if you're not on the list you den't get any heads ups about upcoming games from other sources till maybe game day. So, today, how do you reach the general public and interest them in an upcoming FB game?

One thing I might try is direct mail. What would a direct mail piece sent throughout the Panhandle cost? Probably about $100,000 to cover the entire Panhandle. That may not be cost effective. However, a lesser targeted direct mail might make sense. Do a BOGO coupon with the direct mail piece where redemptions are tracked. It could be a marketing piece that could be used for multiple games, even the entire season. Basic marketing. Might be with a try. Split the marketing cost with a partner.....TootnTotum, PakaSak, Allsups, United, Walmart, McDonald's. Wendy's.Ford or GM dealers, etc. Time to think outside the box.
                      Direct mail is antiquated. Their best bet would be social media campaign and advertisement. Along with cable TV ads. Could also try app ads. All would be 10k times more effective than direct mailers. Unless your market is 65+.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Direct mail is antiquated. Their best bet would be social media campaign and advertisement. Along with cable TV ads. Could also try app ads. All would be 10k times more effective than direct mailers. Unless your market is 65+.
                        Sure they should promote it on social media. "Come watch cheerleader-free mediocre football in a new 3A high school stadium! Free parking if you can find it. $40/seat comes with free nachos."

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Direct mail still has it's place, especially for "events." WT uses digital almost exclusively. I get WT digital EVERY day. Plus I see it on social media. I'm not sure that we're bombarded with so much social media that it's today's junk mail. Remember, I'm a Subway and Taco Bell franchisee and have spent 50 years as a franchised (of some kind or another) restaurant owner. I've served on local, regional, and even a national advertising board. I have little teeny bit of marketing experience.

The "direct mail" I'm taking about is an actual advertising "piece" that serves as a game ticket. When it is redeemed at the gate it is scanned. WT retrieves information with that scan. Just an idea. If you're like me, I'm getting less mail. What mail I do get, I pay a bit more attention to.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

The previous AD worked with TootnTotem to promote games, and they would sell tickets at a discount. Press Pass sports offers some coverage of WT sports.

it's hard to market turds though, which is what the McBroom football coaches have produced.
                            The previous AD, Ed Harris retired in 2004 or 2005. The current AD did those TootnTotum deals.

Comment

That may have been the worst game WT QB Gerber has played, 3 picks. Add in 2 fumbles. You don't win many games with 5 turnovers.

Comment

The previous AD, Ed Harris retired in 2004 or 2005. The current AD did those TootnTotum deals.
                                That's not the way I remember it, but I could be wrong. If mcBroom did those, why did he stop?

I know Harris hired Carthel and Blaskowski.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X