Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    That may have been the worst game WT QB Gerber has played, 3 picks. Add in 2 fumbles. You don't win many games with 5 turnovers.
    Evidently the gobuffsgo and equivalent kingsville sites are blocked from Denmark, as I cannot access either. I did find some info on amarillo.com:

"West Texas A&M head football coach Hunter Hughes didn't mince his words when asked how he felt Saturday night's home game against Texas A&M-Kingsville went.

"Shi***," Hughes said."

While I agree with the coach's assessment I would like to see a box score. Any ideas where I can find one?

Also I am curious why Polivoda is not doing the kicking. He was really good when he first started kicking last year. Urias kicked probably the longest FG of the Hughes era last night but also had one blocked. What happened there?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Evidently the gobuffsgo and equivalent kingsville sites are blocked from Denmark, as I cannot access either.
      Have you tried a VPN? While the actual safety purposes of a VPN can be debated, they do help hide an IP to bypass region-centric or nation-centric limits. I'm in California and there are IP issues with games from certain location (especially on radio or television). A VPN helps you bypass it. Some antivirus programs include a VPN (albeit with size limits). However, most VPNs only need to be used to access something (and not for the size of what you're attempting to access). For instance, I can use my VPN to listen to local radio in Texas to listen to a Cowboys game that isn't playing in the Silicon Valley. I can also use the VPN and my Xfinity app to watch local games in Texas (like the Cowboys). Otherwise, I'm usually stuck watching the NFC and AFC west divisions.

While I agree with the coach's assessment I would like to see a box score. Any ideas where I can find one?
      https://javelinaathletics.com/sports.../boxscore/5065

It took a while for TAMUK to upload it and provide the link. They usually have it shortly after the game ends.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post

Have you tried a VPN? While the actual safety purposes of a VPN can be debated, they do help hide an IP to bypass region-centric or nation-centric limits. I'm in California and there are IP issues with games from certain location (especially on radio or television). A VPN helps you bypass it. Some antivirus programs include a VPN (albeit with size limits). However, most VPNs only need to be used to access something (and not for the size of what you're attempting to access). For instance, I can use my VPN to listen to local radio in Texas to listen to a Cowboys game that isn't playing in the Silicon Valley. I can also use the VPN and my Xfinity app to watch local games in Texas (like the Cowboys). Otherwise, I'm usually stuck watching the NFC and AFC west divisions.

https://javelinaathletics.com/sports.../boxscore/5065

It took a while for TAMUK to upload it and provide the link. They usually have it shortly after the game ends.

Thanks! I have the misfortune of having McAfee on my tablet. I do have more options on my laptop but it's at home.

it looks like plenty of blame to spread. 3 picks, 3 fumbles, and a blocked FG. Also the kickoffs were short. Compton was shutdown except for his 15 yard TD. I wonder how the Peccaries figured out "up the middle"? ;)

I don't think Angelo will lose next week unless they play as badly as the Buffs did yesterday.

Comment

If WT loses next week the season is likely over.

They will have head to head losses against Kingsville and Angelo.

Also the combinied records of their out of conference opponents are 1-5 so the SOS will suck.

Only way that the LSC gets 3 teams in is if the RMAC keeps eating each other alive and the champ has 3 losses.

Comment

Sure they should promote it on social media. "Come watch cheerleader-free mediocre football in a new 3A high school stadium! Free parking if you can find it. $40/seat comes with free nachos."
            Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Direct mail still has it's place, especially for "events." WT uses digital almost exclusively. I get WT digital EVERY day. Plus I see it on social media. I'm not sure that we're bombarded with so much social media that it's today's junk mail. Remember, I'm a Subway and Taco Bell franchisee and have spent 50 years as a franchised (of some kind or another) restaurant owner. I've served on local, regional, and even a national advertising board. I have little teeny bit of marketing experience.

The "direct mail" I'm taking about is an actual advertising "piece" that serves as a game ticket. When it is redeemed at the gate it is scanned. WT retrieves information with that scan. Just an idea. If you're like me, I'm getting less mail. What mail I do get, I pay a bit more attention to.
              I have no clue about the fast food business at all.

I do know in the city football league where I sit on the board, our response from direct mail has dwindling down to .2 %. It used to be around 9%.

However, you make a great point. Physical mailboxes are much less cluttered than email inboxes.

I would guess the average direct mail would get around .5% to 3% response rate. So for every 200 mailers you would then expect 1-6 responses. So, for 25k mailers you could generate 125 to 750 people. And if the average household had 3 people, and all attended, the actual return could be 375 to 2,250 per 25k mailers.

I have never used direct mailers in my profession. I do sit on a few boards where the organizations rely on direct mailers as well as social media and email blasts. The idea is to use them all and over time you gain recognition and build your "brand". An overall campaign works. I would even suggest a Groupon campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I do know in the city football league where I sit on the board, our response from direct mail has dwindling down to .2 %. It used to be around 9%.

However, you make a great point. Physical mailboxes are much less cluttered than email inboxes.

I would guess the average direct mail would get around .5% to 3% response rate. So for every 200 mailers you would then expect 1-6 responses. So, for 25k mailers you could generate 125 to 750 people. And if the average household had 3 people, and all attended, the actual return could be 375 to 2,250 per 25k mailers.

I have never used direct mailers in my profession. I do sit on a few boards where the organizations rely on direct mailers as well as social media and email blasts. The idea is to use them all and over time you gain recognition and build your "brand". An overall campaign works. I would even suggest a Groupon campaign.
                That Groupon campaign idea is a good one. I still want to know why WT no longer works with TootnTotum. That seemed to work well.

How many seats does the BS squared hold? It seems like 12K was what the students voted on until a magic number was discovered, which made the stadium smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I do know in the city football league where I sit on the board, our response from direct mail has dwindled down to .2 %. It used to be around 9%.

I would guess the average direct mail would get around a .5% to 3% response rate. So for every 200 mailers, you would then expect 1-6 responses. So, for 25k mailers, you could generate 125 to 750 people. And if the average household had 3 people, and all attended, the actual return could be 375 to 2,250 per 25k mailers.

I am a Registered Financial Consultant. In the past, I used a lot of direct mail with reply cards. The return rate was 3-5%.
                  Currently, everything is internet based. I am able to market my services over the states of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Arizona.
                  90% of my new client's initial consultations are done by Zoom call. I record and store all calls. I have a professional firm that is doing internet marketing for me.
                  I have no clue how internet marketing for an athletic department would work.
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I suspect that the best target marketing would be location-based social media advertising. If users identified by likes (i.e., they like a school or athletic program), location (city or area) or location association (i.e., many of their contacts are from a particular location) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc. were to see some ads, I suspect that it would be more effective than direct mailers or even email schemes.

Comment

Evidently the gobuffsgo and equivalent kingsville sites are blocked from Denmark, as I cannot access either. I did find some info on amarillo.com:

"West Texas A&M head football coach Hunter Hughes didn't mince his words when asked how he felt Saturday night's home game against Texas A&M-Kingsville went.

"Shi***," Hughes said."

Also I am curious why Polivoda is not doing the kicking. He was really good when he first started kicking last year. Urias kicked probably the longest FG of the Hughes era last night but also had one blocked. What happened there?
                      It was a bit of a high snap that put off the timing.

Comment

That's not the way I remember it, but I could be wrong. If mcBroom did those, why did he stop?

I know Harris hired Carthel and Blaskowski.
                        Ha! Harris also hired McBroom with the intent of handing over the keys. I do know McBroom has said he's not in favor of giving it away.

Comment

Thanks! I have the misfortune of having McAfee on my tablet. I do have more options on my laptop but it's at home.

it looks like plenty of blame to spread. 3 picks, 3 fumbles, and a blocked FG. Also the kickoffs were short. Compton was shutdown except for his 15 yard TD. I wonder how the Peccaries figured out "up the middle"? ;)

I don't think Angelo will lose next week unless they play as badly as the Buffs did yesterday.
                          The Buffs damn near had more TO's than there are aces in an 8 deck shoe.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X