Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Yeah, like the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, I have a better chance of winning the LottoTexas. I've been buying $5 three times a week since I won $5,000 way back in the 2nd year of the game maybe the mid 80's. My chances of winning the Big One is like 3,000,000 to 1. That's better than my (and your) Cowboys winning the SB. Ha!
    Unfortunately......TRUE.

BUT....ANYTHING can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Don't count them out yet! ANYTHING can happen in football.
      The issue is even if WT wins out they are likely the #3 LSC team barring an Angelo/Kingsville collapse and their SOS is going to suck the huge one due to the Adams State turd.

One thing in favor of a 2 loss 3rd place LSC team is unless upsets happen the RMAC should only get one team in.

Colorado Mines and Western Colorado already have 2 losses so the winner of their game will get the "automatic bid".

WT will be the blocker to prevent Western Colorado from getting in due to head to head.

Kingsville needs to only lose to Angelo since they only have 9 D2 games.

Central Washington has the Ferris State SOS but only 10 D2 games.

Wild card will be if the NSIC has multiple teams that finish with 1 or 2 losses.

Comment

Angelo controlled the trenches, especially their DL. Angelo was a better team than WT. WT did a good job in the 1st half. Angelo adjusted their game and began attacking the Buffs wide, Runs on the edge. Quick outs. Some play action that froze defenders. Etc. They found success doing it.

On the other hand, WT's offensive scheme seemed to remain the same. Run it up the middle. Throw a few deep dreams. That was it. Angelo's DL flushed Gerber out of the pocket almost on every pass play. The WT OL couldn't open lanes up the middle. Yet WT just kept doing the same thing over and over.

If Angelo keeps improving as a team, I see them possibly making it to the semi-finals.

WT has to win out to have any chance of making the playoffs. I don't see it. The Kingsville loss was a killer. A killer.
        I can't help but believe the offensive scheme is simply Hughes keeping his hand in things and forcing the OC to run it. He is that kind of stubborn coach, and it's going to cost him his job. The OC had the offense looking pretty balanced his first two years and then last year and this year it has shifted to run, run, pass on 3rd, punt. Over and over again, it's maddening. His career shows a highly effective and balanced offense, so I put the blame solely on Hughes. This is all from my perspective and I don't know it to be true, just my gut.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

The issue is even if WT wins out they are likely the #3 LSC team barring an Angelo/Kingsville collapse and their SOS is going to suck the huge one due to the Adams State turd.

One thing in favor of a 2 loss 3rd place LSC team is unless upsets happen the RMAC should only get one team in.

Colorado Mines and Western Colorado already have 2 losses so the winner of their game will get the "automatic bid".

WT will be the blocker to prevent Western Colorado from getting in due to head to head.

Wild card will be if the NSIC has multiple teams that finish with 1 or 2 losses.
          It is nice to see the piggies so excited.......I am even excited to see a recent bottom dweller sitting at 4-0. HOWEVER...they need to tap the brakes a bit. 7070707.

They beat a HS team in NA, a D3 in Ross, WT because of 3 INTs, and a legitimate win over a subpar ENMU. Let's see how they do in their final 4 games. Haha.

Comment

Don't count them out yet! ANYTHING can happen in football.
            Get your WT icon ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

WT is not going to win out, run the table, or do much of anything good. Hughes is not a head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

WT is not going to win out, run the table, or do much of anything good. Hughes is not a head coach.
                To me (and should also be this way for the WT AD) the playoffs have already started.

Hughes needs to win 7 in a row to keep his job.

Comment

It is nice to see the piggies so excited.......I am even excited to see a recent bottom dweller sitting at 4-0. HOWEVER...they need to tap the brakes a bit. 7070707.

They beat a HS team in NA, a D3 in Ross, WT because of 3 INTs, and a legitimate win over a subpar ENMU. Let's see how they do in their final 4 games. Haha.
                  Its still difficult for me to see them as this helpless underdog after seeing them tear through everyone in the late 90s/early 2000s.

To me Kingsville's schedule is set up nicely after this week in regards to skill level.

Western New Mexico has improved, UTPB has been slightly better, and of course Angelo is the class of the conference.

If Kingsville and Angelo both roll into that game 7-0 then that will be a sight to see.

Its a shame they could get at least 1 non conference D2 opponent.

Because of that they are probably only able to get away with one loss.

Comment

I think Hughes will keep his job if he wins 6 total games. GWB, didn’t McBroom tell you to lower your expectations for football? Are you there yet?

The UTPB game will tell us if there is any hope at all. Remember last season they led WT 42-17 at one point.

The second half was all about coaching. Angelo has a winner. We have a guy who is slightly over .500 thanks to games against sub D2 games (North American, Panhandle State and other NAIA teams).

Comment

Hell’s Bells. What dipstick is directing the Angelo broadcast? Quit with the stupid ass field level endzone camera angles. You can’t tell if it’s a 1 yard or a 20 yard play. What a bunch of bull sh1t!
                      I thought you were excited for us to get end zone seating at the BS squared back when it was horseshoe shaped?

Comment

I am cautiously optimistic. I was not happy with the first two games - I did not think they would help us be prepared for the LSC games. We barely got out of WT with a win, despite forcing 6 turnovers. However, it was more important than just a win, because before teams have to learn how to win games like that. I was a bit surprised at how quickly and thoroughly we jumped out on ENMU. We seemed to have improved a lot last week. If we can continue to improve, we'll compete for a top 3 LSC finish.

Newer fans (post-Bo) haven't seen much on-field success. One good season, a lot of losses, a lot of ass-whoopins.

The Cundiff-Bo era had some really good teams (6 playoff teams, 2 semi-final appearances), but also some mediocrity, and a couple of really bad years.

Harms had us consistently on the national stage, owning the LSC, consistently making deep runs in the playoffs, and bringing in NFL-caliber prospects.

and a few us were blessed to witness the Steinke era and some of the best LSC teams/players in history, and 6 National Championships.

So the excitement is understandable - different reasons for fans depending on when you became part of the Javelina family.

Last edited by JavsFan; 09-26-2022, 08:14 AM.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

This is a few days old now, but I thought I would share. Wayne Cavadi had Coach Girsch and Nate Omayebu III with him on his show on 9/21. Here’s the link if anyone’s interested:

https://anchor.fm/dii-nation-podcast

Comment

Get your WT icon ready.
                            Don't count your chickens just yet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

I am cautiously optimistic. I was not happy with the first two games - I did not think they would help us be prepared for the LSC games. We barely got out of WT with a win, despite forcing 6 turnovers. However, it was more important than just a win, because before teams have to learn how to win games like that. I was a bit surprised at how quickly and thoroughly we jumped out on ENMU. We seemed to have improved a lot last week. If we can continue to improve, we'll compete for a top 3 LSC finish.

Newer fans (post-Bo) haven't seen much on-field success. One good season, a lot of losses, a lot of ass-whoopins.

The Cundiff-Bo era had some really good teams (6 playoff teams, 2 semi-final appearances), but also some mediocrity, and a couple of really bad years.

Harms had us consistently on the national stage, owning the LSC, consistently making deep runs in the playoffs, and bringing in NFL-caliber prospects.

and a few us were blessed to witness the Steinke era and some of the best LSC teams/players in history, and 6 National Championships.

So the excitement is understandable - different reasons for fans depending on when you became part of the Javelina family.

I am ALL for TAMUK returning to "form". What a long struggle it has been. However, like you, I am cautious. I have watched a team go 5-1 in their 1st six games. The one loss was to a D1. Everyone was excited and the team was BACK. They finished 6-5. (Angelo State 2009).

So, I say be excited....but tap the brakes until you play UTPB, CWU, ANGELO, MSU-Texas.

Hey, TAMUK could be legit and undefeated this season. You naever know!

Comment

I thought you were excited for us to get end zone seating at the BS squared back when it was horseshoe shaped?
                                Yeah right. If field level cam shots from the end zone were good for viewing, you'd see them on Fox, CBS, NBV, or ESPN broadcasts. Whoever ran that outfit is still a dipstick for an out house toilet..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X