Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many games you play doesn't matter all that much as long as you meet the minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      How many games you play doesn't matter all that much as long as you meet the minimum.
      Wouldn't it matter if Kingsville finishes 8-1 in D2 games (.889) vs.10-1 in D2 games (.909)? 7-2 (.777) vs. 9-2 (.818)?

Thinking at the end this would put Kingsville at the rear end of all the other 1 or 2 loss teams they are tied with.

This setup always killed Indianapolis and Humboldt State in the mid 2010s when they only scheduled 9 D2 games and lost a game.

They both ended up missing the playoffs with 1 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Wouldn't it matter if Kingsville finishes 8-1 in D2 games (.889) vs.10-1 in D2 games (.909)? 7-2 (.777) vs. 9-2 (.818)?

Thinking at the end this would put Kingsville at the rear end of all the other 1 or 2 loss teams they are tied with.

This setup always killed Indianapolis and Humboldt State in the mid 2010s when they only scheduled 9 D2 games.
        It really depends. Playing Adams State and Fort Lewis would hurt their SOS enough to offset the difference in winning percentage (kinda weird that it tends to work like that, but it does). And of course playing Grand Valley State and Ferris State would help the SOS but likely turn 8-1 into 8-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

It really depends. Playing Adams State and Fort Lewis would hurt their SOS enough to offset the difference in winning percentage (kinda weird that it tends to work like that, but it does). And of course playing Grand Valley State and Ferris State would help the SOS but likely turn 8-1 into 8-3.
          Yeah its a dammed if you do, dammed if you dont.

I will defer to you on the expertise for sure.

Kingsville not having any non conference games puts the SOS squarely at .500 in my experience.

Then you are at the mercy of NSIC teams you tie with that might have played stronger teams in the other NSIC division of the silo schedule to bump their SOS over .500

The OOWP will end up against since the majority of non conference games were against the RMAC.

Again talking out loud. I think in the end it should work itself out to where its only a question of a seed or two in the middle.

As it stands right now it looks to be Angelo in the #1 spot, Augustana in the #2 spot, and Mines for the #7 spot at the end unless upsets happen.

Comment

By my count there are 23 teams left in SR4 with 2 losses or less.

Likely playoff elimination games in the region (teams that could receive a 3rd D2 loss):

LSC:
            Western Oregon (0-2) vs. Angelo State (4-0)
            Texas-Permian Basin (2-2) @ West Texas A&M (2-2)
            RMAC:
            Western Colorado (2-2) @ Colorado Mesa (1-2)
            New Mexico Highlands (1-2) @ Adams State (1-3)
            Colorado Mines is a heavy favorite.
            NSIC:
            All the 2 loss teams should be heavy favorites this weekend.

Comment

By my count there are 23 teams left in SR4 with 2 losses or less.

Likely playoff elimination games in the region (teams that could receive a 3rd D2 loss):

LSC:
              Western Oregon (0-2) vs. Angelo State (4-0)
              Texas-Permian Basin (2-2) @ West Texas A&M (2-2)
              RMAC:
              Western Colorado (2-2) @ Colorado Mesa (1-2)
              New Mexico Highlands (1-2) @ Adams State (1-3)
              Colorado Mines is a heavy favorite.
              NSIC:
              All the 2 loss teams should be heavy favorites this weekend.
              Western Colorado has been a different team since Cummings came back. Wouldn’t surprise me if Mines ran the table, very few teams have a shot at them now.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Western Colorado has been a different team since Cummings came back. Wouldn’t surprise me if Mines ran the table, very few teams have a shot at them now.
                I agree with you although the Mines/Western Colorado game is in Gunnison this year so will be a tough game to win.

Looks like Angelo State and Augustana are positioned nicely to win their conferences with most of their tougher games at home.

Comment

Yup it only matters if they finish 9-0 which they are unlikely to do.

Kingsville fans will be more worried about that number than Angelo Fans.
                  just look at what’s left for each team with po potential oin no order and not knowing home or away. Who has the hardest remaining sched left at this point. Sorry ENMU.

Wtam - msu, cw, wo, utpb, wnm

asu -wo. TAMK , wnm, cw, msu

hogs- asu,utpb, cw, wo, wnm, msu

msu- utpb, wo, cw, wtam. TAMK, wmn asu.

utpb - wtam, msu, wnmu,TAMK, cwu

wnmu- TAMK, asu, cwu, utpb, wtam, enmu

for some schools their season will really starts this sat.

only team safe to say can run the table is mines. With sdsm and western Colorado really left. Nsic will get 3 in because of number of teams on the conference and play in split division with no title game. ( whatever ) and augastana has every tough game at home. They have the best path of anyone in the region. But as someone said it’s just 4 games so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

just look at what’s left for each team with po potential oin no order and not knowing home or away. Who has the hardest remaining sched left at this point. Sorry ENMU.

Wtam - msu, cw, wo, utpb, wnm

asu -wo. TAMK , wnm, cw, msu

hogs- asu,utpb, cw, wo, wnm, msu

msu- utpb, wo, cw, wtam. TAMK, wmn asu.

utpb - wtam, msu, wnmu,TAMK, cwu

wnmu- TAMK, asu, cwu, utpb, wtam, enmu

for some schools their season will really starts this sat.

only team safe to say can run the table is mines. With sdsm and western Colorado really left. Nsic will get 3 in because of number of teams on the conference and play in split division with no title game. ( whatever ) and augastana has every tough game at home. They have the best path of anyone in the region. But as someone said it’s just 4 games so far.
                    Augustana lost to Sioux Falls today at home (well they both play in Sioux Falls) and Wayne State also lost so Sioux Falls holds the inside track for now.

Comment

By my count there are 19 teams left with 2 or fewer D2 losses after week 5.

D2 records only (not rankings):

Angelo State 5-0
                      Sioux Falls 5-0
                      Black Hills 4-0
                      Texas A&M-Kingsville 3-0
                      Augustana 4-1
                      Minnesota State 4-1
                      Southwest Minnesota 4-1
                      Wayne State Nebraska 4-1
                      Winona State 4-1
                      Central Washington 3-1
                      Western New Mexico 3-1
                      Midwestern State 3-2
                      West Texas A&M 3-2
                      Bemidji State 3-2
                      Minnesota Duluth 3-2
                      Colorado Mines 3-2
                      Western Colorado 3-2
                      S.D. Mines 3-2
                      New Mexico Highlands 2-2

Elimination games Week 6:

West Texas A&M 3-2 @ Midwestern State 3-2
                      S.D. Mines 3-2 @ Western Colorado 3-2

Comment

[QUOTE=Buffalo/Islander Alum;n699942]By my count there are 19 teams left with 2 or fewer D2 losses after week 5.

Angelo State 5-0
                        Sioux Falls 5-0
                        Black Hills 4-0
                        Texas A&M-Kingsville 3-0
                        Augustana 4-1
                        Minnesota State 4-1
                        Southwest Minnesota 4-1
                        Wayne State Nebraska 4-1
                        Winona State 4-1
                        Central Washington 3-1
                        Western New Mexico 3-1
                        Midwestern State 3-2
                        West Texas A&M 3-2
                        Bemidji State 3-2
                        Minnesota Duluth 3-2
                        Colorado Mines 3-2
                        Western Colorado 3-2
                        S.D. Mines 3-2
                        New Mexico Highlands 2-2

Great break down. I saw the sf and augastana game. (Great game ). I agree with u about wtam and msu game as elimination game but moe
                        re for msu. That Pueblo loss is awful compared to 2 losses by undefeated teams for wtam. I can compare that to the 2 school of mines losses. I consider those 2 “good” loses. Western col looks like they got it together and still have mines and black hills to play. That helps wtam cause there sos will go up. That’s how angelo got a 2 seed barely being in the top 25. Cause lindenwood won out and Chardon finished with a winning record. But still a loooong way to go. @ wnmu on oct15th for asu is looking more formidable now.

Comment

By my count there are 19 teams left with 2 or fewer D2 losses after week 5.

Angelo State 5-0
                          Sioux Falls 5-0
                          Black Hills 4-0
                          Texas A&M-Kingsville 3-0
                          Augustana 4-1
                          Minnesota State 4-1
                          Southwest Minnesota 4-1
                          Wayne State Nebraska 4-1
                          Winona State 4-1
                          Central Washington 3-1
                          Western New Mexico 3-1
                          Midwestern State 3-2
                          West Texas A&M 3-2
                          Bemidji State 3-2
                          Minnesota Duluth 3-2
                          Colorado Mines 3-2
                          Western Colorado 3-2
                          S.D. Mines 3-2
                          New Mexico Highlands 2-2

Agreed on the WT/MSU game - I got that pinned down as I was starting my game notes for their coming week.

WT and CWU alternate opponents the next two weeks (WO and MSU) and then play each other. Then their schedules go in completely opposite directions. WT has the New Mexico schools and then Simon Fraser to end the season, and CWU has Kingsville/Angelo/Permian to end the season.

There is a path to 8-2 for WT, but they can’t slip up.

If CWU wins out with maybe the toughest LSC schedule down the stretch, they may get a top 2/3 seed in the region.

Comment

Agreed on the WT/MSU game - I got that pinned down as I was starting my game notes for their coming week.

WT and CWU alternate opponents the next two weeks (WO and MSU) and then play each other. Then their schedules go in completely opposite directions. WT has the New Mexico schools and then Simon Fraser to end the season, and CWU has Kingsville/Angelo/Permian to end the season.

If CWU wins out with maybe the toughest LSC schedule down the stretch, they may get a top 2/3 seed in the region.
                            In that scenario I would think that CWU would possibly be the top seed in the region. zThere are only 4 undefeated schools left, and CWU, if they run the table, would have defeated two of them. That leaves Black Hills State, who has yet to play Mines, which should be a loss, and Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls still has to play four 4-1 NSIC schools (SW Minn, Minn State, Wayne State, and WInona). In addition, the SOS for CWU should be pretty god with their only loss to #1 Ferris.

Comment

I don't think the WNMU game is an easy win like it used to be. After watching them play Midwestern, I don't feel as bad about CWU struggling with them a little.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I don't think the WNMU game is an easy win like it used to be. After watching them play Midwestern, I don't feel as bad about CWU struggling with them a little.
                                Agreed about WNMU, they’re not an easy win this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X