Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
    Javelinas 31-3 at halftime!
    Go Hoggies!
    Welcome Back
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

You can listen to the game here:
      https://www.kselcountry.com/

Just click on LISTEN LIVE (and press the play button on the bottom of the page).

Comment

End of 3rd quarter,
        Javelinas 40-3

Comment

Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
          End of 3rd quarter,
          Javelinas 40-3
          SOOOOOO nice to see the Javs football program turned around. Where were you when they were in the gutter???

Only TWO TAMUK posters hung around during the worst years! REAL, TRUE FANS!!!

Comment

I think that there are a few more of us who stuck around. It's been a while though. I hope that this early-season success is a sign of things to come. I'm also a Dallas Cowboys fan too -- even though it has been nearly 27 years since they last won a Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
              I think that there are a few more of us who stuck around. It's been a while though. I hope that this early-season success is a sign of things to come. I'm also a Dallas Cowboys fan too -- even though it has been nearly 27 years since they last won a Super Bowl.
              Definitely a few more stuck around, some just too shy to post. I know it is too early to make any big predictions, but it really looks like things have changed. The program looks like it got its winning spirit and culture back.

I, for one, can't wait for the Angelo State game.

Comment

A lot more than just two of us have been posting through the tough years (which have gone on since what, 2005??). I still think we have a long way to go, but if a couple of seasons like this help with recruiting, we'll continue to see improvement. From a few people close to the program, the main thing Salinas has brought is discipline. Their comments are that he doesn't put up with any foolishness from his players

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

Definitely a few more stuck around, some just too shy to post. I know it is too early to make any big predictions, but it really looks like things have changed. The program looks like it got its winning spirit and culture back.

I, for one, can't wait for the Angelo State game.
                  The calm before the storm??

Look at your final 3 games.

Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

SOOOOOO nice to see the Javs football program turned around. Where were you when they were in the gutter???

Only TWO TAMUK posters hung around during the worst years! REAL, TRUE FANS!!!
                    Yeah the ones I remember posting consistently were JavsFan and LSCFan.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yep. I posted too much. Lol!

Have a lot on my plate this fall. New business startup. My 21 year old boy is getting married in December. My last one at home is in her Junior year in high school and she’s in band and that keeps us busy. A lot of other life changes made me pull back and reevaluate things and one of those things is how much time I spent on line gripping about things I can’t control. And at the end of day really don’t matter in the whole scheme of things.

Glad things are on the turnaround down in Kingsville. Hopefully the foundation is being poured for better things to come.

Comment

Exactly!!!!

Comment

I personally know a few posters who are still active supporters, but for various reasons (not team related) are not active on the board anymore.

Not a whole lot of new blood the last few years, but the team's performance didn't exactly excite the home base.

Attendance at the games has been good despite the past few years.
                          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

I personally know a few posters who are still active supporters, but for various reasons (not team related) are not active on the board anymore.

Not a whole lot of new blood the last few years, but the team's performance didn't exactly excite the home base.

Attendance at the games has been good despite the past few years.
                            For some reason, it appears that there are not many "new" posters for any team. When my son signed at Angelo, we were advised to not post on D2. Of course that was just free advertisement...lol. I signed up the next day!! There were soooo many posters.

When I talk with LSC parents, none have even heard of D2 Football. The few that have are told it's a site for old men to ***** and complain. A few checked it out and all they see are the normal daily posters, rarely talking football, so they have no interest. Hence why I often make remarks about non-football topics.

I am sad to say that it seems like our little site it dying out.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

For some reason, it appears that there are not many "new" posters for any team. When my son signed at Angelo, we were advised to not post on D2. Of course that was just free advertisement...lol. I signed up the next day!! There were soooo many posters.

When I talk with LSC parents, none have even heard of D2 Football. The few that have are told it's a site for old men to ***** and complain. A few checked it out and all they see are the normal daily posters, rarely talking football, so they have no interest. Hence why I often make remarks about non-football topics.

I am sad to say that it seems like our little site it dying out.
                              Twitter and Facebook started the decline in message boards in all sorts of different areas of interest starting a few years ago. I think message boards in sports have been reserved for the true diehards and the casual fan is just cool with getting at couple of paragraphs and a link from a FB post or whatever character limit on Twitter. They can post their comments if they chose on those mediums and then move on.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X