• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Come on down
    Hopefully in February.

Comment

Programming Note: I am going on a trip this weekend, so the pick'em results and next week's pick'em will be delayed until Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        I picked WNMU to upset Kingsville at home. When you look at comparable so far this season, WNMU has played a tougher schedule. Kingsville less won at WT than WT handed it to them with 6 TO's. Mustangs continue to roll. Vigil has them jacked.

And I'm stepping out on a limb and picking The Buffs to come away with a win in Wichita Falls. I'm concerned about the loss of Cavender and the DB who's name begins with an S (which I can't spell without looking it up) on defense. I think WT will establish a run game and the Next Man Up on D will work out okay.
        If that game was in Silver City I would have been more apt to pick Western New Mexico.

Long trip to Kingsville and riding the high of beating a more recent traditional power in Midwestern State in overtime might be a little too much to overcome.

That being said you are kicking my arse in the pick ems.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

If that game was in Silver City I would have been more apt to pick Western New Mexico.

Long trip to Kingsville and riding the high of beating a more recent traditional power in Midwestern State in overtime might be a little too much to overcome.

That being said you are kicking my arse in the pick ems.
          That "long trip" to Kingsville may also help a team "focus" on the job at hand without distractions. You never know. I remember Colby Carthel telling me that the trip to Kingsville was a great team spirit builder, bringing everyone together. WT went down to KTown and kicked some azz that year!

Comment

I picked WNMU to upset Kingsville at home. When you look at comparable so far this season, WNMU has played a tougher schedule. Kingsville less won at WT than WT handed it to them with 6 TO's. Mustangs continue to roll. Vigil has them jacked.

And I'm stepping out on a limb and picking The Buffs to come away with a win in Wichita Falls. I'm concerned about the loss of Cavender and the DB who's name begins with an S (which I can't spell without looking it up) on defense. I think WT will establish a run game and the Next Man Up on D will work out okay.
            Up the middle worked well against MSU last year. That was the best game of the season, but Maskill has had a year to stew about it. I don't think last year's game plan will work this time.

I still don't understand what happened last week. An effective passing game. Multiple FGs MADE. Think back to the Houghtaling days when there was no passing game and the clown Hughes trotted out for FG's almost never made one "but he makes 50 in practice". Did Hughes learn from last week or will it be back to up the middle whether it works or not?

Comment

“Almost never made one!” He made 5 of 6. 15/16 PAT and 9/11 FG for the season. I’d say that’s pretty damn good. Seriously. So far.

Comment

“Almost never made one!” He made 5 of 6. 15/16 PAT and 9/11 FG for the season. I’d say that’s pretty damn good. Seriously. So far.
                I was not referring to Urias, but the guy we had years ago. Hughes kept him on the team to make (short) kickoffs for a couple of more years.

Comment

Well, angelofan looked like a genius by taking Western Oregon over CWU, but then his faith in the other Western (New Mexico) let him down. Still, got WOU over CWU right.
                  4 / 5 angelofan
                  4 / 5 buffalo/islander alum
                  4 / 5 Goods
                  4 / 5 WT&TTechfan
                  4 / 5 Roaming Buff
                  4 / 5 Texcap
                  4 / 5 89HOG
                  4 / 5 Packfootball
                  4 / 5 ASUPops
                  4 / 5 cwfenn
                  3 / 5 JavsFan
                  3 / 5 lscfan77