Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goods View Post

I read today on an ESPN article that he's got $50MM guaranteed still on his contract. That's crazy. The amount of protection coaches build into their contracts is crazy.
    Actually it’s $ 86 million. And that does count some of the possible assistants and their contracts if the whole thing crashes and burns this year. There is big chance a demoralizing whooping gets put on them on Saturday by Bama thanks to the beating they took in Collie Station last year and the back and forth about NIL and recruiting that took place between Saban and Jimbo over the summer. When OU beat aTm back in 2008 77-0 (that was the third qtr score) it ended the Franchioine era. Not sure a similar beating by Bama ends the Jimbo era because they have to come up with a lot of bank to pay the contract off and then raise enough to attract a new coach. And since they hired and extended his contract the landscape changed just a tad that made the job attractive namely their other chief recruiting rivals join the SEC . The big money donors might be a tad tapped out to thanks to external factors too like stock portfolios and other wealth generating investments not making the returns they were just a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think a majority of the polling carries over from the last final poll of the year in 2021.

Western Colorado should not have been in the poll and by proxy WT shouldnt have entered either by beating them.

Its cool for the university, fans, and recruiting.

D2 veterans know its the regional rankings that count.
      The only poll that ever matters to me is the one taken after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

The only poll that ever matters to me is the one taken after the season.
        Even that doesn't really matter unless your team finishes #1.

If you ain't first you're last Will Ferell as Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Even that doesn't really matter unless your team finishes #1.

If you ain't first you're last Will Ferell as Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights - YouTube
          I would be very happy if WT finished in the top 10 in the nation this season, but that's not going to happen.

I like a lot of Will Ferrell's stuff, but not that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

The only poll that ever matters to me is the one that includes WTAMU (Women's Texas A&M University).
            FIXED IT FOR YOU!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X