Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAMUK TIED FOR #22 IN NATION

HUGE CONGRATS to TAMUK for being tied for #22 in the nation!!!! What a great accomplishment.

Although I am not a sold on how good they are yet, it is a phenomenal accomplishment for their program. AND a great thing for the LSC.

In football country, this is big!!!

Let's get behind all LSC teams that are getting it done!

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    HUGE CONGRATS to TAMUK for being tied for #22 in the nation!!!! What a great accomplishment.

Although I am not a sold on how good they are yet, it is a phenomenal accomplishment for their program. AND a great thing for the LSC.

I was super happy to see this earlier. It's always makes for interesting times to have multiple teams in the conference ranked. And it is always good for the conference. Second half of the season should see some interesting things happen. There are several teams that I am looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds for them.

Comment

Yes I realize they beat my WT team....

Glad to see them "back" too but have a feeling the pollsters looked at the record without looking at the opponents.

Comment

As some teams showed earlier this year, the rankings don't always align with reality
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
          As some teams showed earlier this year, the rankings don't always align with reality
          Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
            That's why I HATE pre-season rankings. In any division, no team should be ranked until at least 5 weeks in.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

That's why I HATE pre-season rankings. In any division, no team should be ranked until at least 5 weeks in.
              Oh C'mon.

We all knew Oklahoma was the #6 team in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Oh C'mon.

We all knew Oklahoma was the #6 team in the country.
                I thought A&M Collie Station was pre season ranked #6? Now they want to run Jimbo out on a rail on the train tracks that run by their campus.
                Last edited by LSC Fan; 10-04-2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It's nice to see this. Correct there is still a lot to be proved in the next few weeks including another team that has found a grove in WNMU with their huge upset of Maskil and the former Indians of Midwestern State.

I know some have kind of scratched their heads about the "closeness" of the scores between the Hogs and SFU last week and a few weeks before against Sul Ross. If you look at the stats, it appears the Javs went into a more ball control type of game. Time of Possession and number of plays kind of tell the story along with the balance of passing and running yards. Blow outs in the 50 or more usually have less TOP thanks to the big play or the defense/special teams contribute with a few scores. This was just kind of quick look of the stats of those two game and I didn't actually see the games.
                  Last edited by LSC Fan; 10-04-2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I thought A&M Collie Station was pre season ranked #6? Now they want to run Jimbo out on a rail on the train tracks that run by their campus.
                    I think they were both ranked #6 at different times when they lost.

Makes for great entertainment.

Comment

Good for the league. We will see if it stays that way and maybe a third team could join them. CWU could have a shot in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                        Good for the league. We will see if it stays that way and maybe a third team could join them. CWU could have a shot in a couple weeks.
                        Hopefully it gets better for them & Angelo. Would love CWU to enter the mix. They too can win the LSC. It's wide open right now. The last 5 weeks IS the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                          Yes I realize they beat my WT team....

Glad to see them "back" too but have a feeling the pollsters looked at the record without looking at the opponents.
                          That’s pretty normal because it’s less work for the pollsters.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

That’s pretty normal because it’s less work for the pollsters.
                            I think a majority of the polling carries over from the last final poll of the year in 2021.

Western Colorado should not have been in the poll and by proxy WT shouldnt have entered either by beating them.

Its cool for the university, fans, and recruiting.

D2 veterans know its the regional rankings that count.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I read today on an ESPN article that he's got $50MM guaranteed still on his contract. That's crazy. The amount of protection coaches build into their contracts is crazy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X