Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagon Wheel Game

I've been trying to decide who to pick for this game. ENMU has a terrible record, but they showed improvement against UTPB last week. Meanwhile WT players know there will be no post season for them. Will the seniors rally the troops? I have no doubt Gerber will give his usual 110%, but will the rest of the team?

Boohaha, what do you think about ENMU's chances of bringing home the wagon wheel?

Last edited by WT_TKW; 11-01-2022, 10:05 AM.

Really think Wt keeps the wheel - ENMU is really bad. Wt will win this one
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

This SHOULD be a slam dunk. I believe the WT defense plays better against running teams than passing teams.

I pick WT.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        This SHOULD be a slam dunk. I believe the WT defense plays better against running teams than passing teams.

I pick WT.
        Key word: SHOULD. I agree with that, It's just I've seen WT lose for no good reason since 2013.

Comment

Since the game is in Canyon WT would have to play really poor like the Kingsville game to lose this one.

If it were in Portales it would be a one score game since WT has struggled badly on the road expect for the Midwestern game.

Comment

WT by 14. A small margin given how badly ENMU has been this season.

I would have earlier thought, going into Hughes' 6th season, that this WT team would be rolling toward a nice playoff berth and would be a 35 point favorite against this ENMU team. Alas...............I would have thought wrong.

Comment

All of us wanted Hughes to be successful, but it hasn't happened. That 28-0 loss to ENMU in 2018 was the wake up call for me. I expected a close game but at no time was WT ever in the game. It was the worst game I ever sat through at Kimbrough. Also some of the early decisions to demote our decent QBs, Brinkley and Arbuckle, and replace them with guys with no apparent talent, also worried me.

Nesbitt's (thankfully) final game as head coach was against WNMU. WT trailed until Brinkley replaced Arbuckle and led the team to an OT victory. He did an amazing job. I'm very familiar with the "not invented here" mindset of new managers and coaches, but Hughes took it way too far. We had the world's worst OC ever under Hughes for a couple of years then we had a really good one for one year and went 8-3 with losses to Angelo, Tarleton, and Commerce. Now WT will still finish 4th or 5th in the conference even though Tarleton and Commerce are gone. Losses to any D2 team, with the exceptions of Lincoln and SFU are very possible if not likely.

Below is the story of the great comeback by Brinkley. He realized in Hughes' first training camp he had no future and left. Arbuckle stayed another year and got to play a little before he quit too. Hughes made inappropriate jokes about Arbuckle always tripping over his own feet when he took snaps, but I never saw it happen. After we suffered through some more very poor QBs, we got Gerber who is really good. He will be VERY hard to replace. Hughes won't be, even though I expect him to be retained.

Miraculous Comeback Lifts Buffs to 37-30 Victory in Overtime at Western New Mexico - West Texas A&M University Athletics (gobuffsgo.com)

Comment

Thanks for all the bad advice, guys. However, it was me that was stupid enough to bet on Hughes to defeat a 2-7 team.

I wonder when the last time both NM teams defeated WT?

Comment

At this point I would withhold all donations to the athletic program until Hughes is fired.

No justification losing 5 games and one of them to ENMU.

If it weren't for UTPB giving one away it would have been 6.

Comment

Well that sucked. I don't care if Glasper has lost his mojo, Lemming should be benched for the final game against UTPB. He can throw the ball a mile, but he has no touch and he's a bonehead.

Comment

Fire Hughes tonight! Embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                        Thanks for all the bad advice, guys. However, it was me that was stupid enough to bet on Hughes to defeat a 2-7 team.

I wonder when the last time both NM teams defeated WT?
                        2018 Eastern won 28-0.My pick next week will be SFU.Tired of Wt screwing me over on my picks.On both of eastern and western beating us in the same season I think never.

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post

2018 Eastern won 28-0.My pick next week will be SFU.Tired of Wt screwing me over on my picks.On both of eastern and western beating us in the same season I think never.
                          That would be my guess too. Even Nesbitt wasn't that bad!

Comment

SFU by 10! Lol

Comment

OMG. I freaking can't believe this!!!! WTH?????

Dr May sent a statement when he terminated Wagner with only 2 games left in the season, AND Wag won the game the night he was fired!

Time for Wendler/McBroom to terminate Hughes. TONIGHT!!! TONIGHT!!! TONIGHT!!!
                              Last edited by ASUPops; 11-05-2022, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X