Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    OMG. I freaking can't believe this!!!! WTH?????

Dr May sent a statement when he terminated Wagner with only 2 games left in the season, AND Wag won the game the night he was fired!

Time for Winkler/McBroom to terminate Hughes. TONIGHT!!! TONIGHT!!! TONIGHT!!!
    Winkler could care less.

McBroom needs to have the sack to do it.

Let him coach his last WT game but send him packing on 11/13.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      OMG. I freaking can't believe this!!!! WTH?????

Dr May sent a statement when he terminated Wagner with only 2 games left in the season, AND Wag won the game the night he was fired!

Time for Wendler to terminate McBroom and Hughes. TONIGHT!!! TONIGHT!!! TONIGHT!!!
      Fixed it for you!

Sadly Wendler is probably thinking about his next trip to Sunray to recruit student(s).

Comment

I can tell how much everyone loves Wendler. He's called Wendell and Winker in the course of a few days. Winker is the WOU QB.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
          Thanks for all the bad advice, guys. However, it was me that was stupid enough to bet on Hughes to defeat a 2-7 team.

I wonder when the last time both NM teams defeated WT?
          I'll answer my own question. The year was 2017. Coach: Hunter Hughes.

Comment

I'll answer my own question. The year was 2017. Coach: Hunter Hughes.
            To bad WT didn’t play New Mexico Highlands.He could of been the very first coach to lose to all 3 in one season.

Comment

I talked to a big WT supporter last weekend about WT athletics, and I was told about how the football team was good and that Hunter Hughes is a nice guy. I'm sure he is, but I don't consider not making the playoffs in as many years as we have as good. Nice guy or not, we need a coach that can get it done. There's no way we should have lost this game tonight or even let it be close. Rivalry game or not, I'm over the excuses.

Comment

I've been trying to decide who to pick for this game. ENMU has a terrible record, but they showed improvement against UTPB last week. Meanwhile WT players know there will be no post season for them. Will the seniors rally the troops? I have no doubt Gerber will give his usual 110%, but will the rest of the team?

Boohaha, what do you think about ENMU's chances of bringing home the wagon wheel?

Sorry I missed this post. Been a great year this year for my team(I coach hs) but I have had to coach my rear off and I haven't even look up from the grind toll today. We lost in the state semis.

But I also feel that ENMU record is deceiving when the starting qb got hurt it really dropped them. Good things happening in Portales though.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Sorry I missed this post. Been a great year this year for my team(I coach hs) but I have had to coach my rear off and I haven't even look up from the grind toll today. We lost in the state semis.

But I also feel that ENMU record is deceiving when the starting qb got hurt it really dropped them. Good things happening in Portales though.
                  Getting to the state semifinals is a great accomplishment. Congratulations!

On the winning touchdown pass, the QB had plenty of time, and I could tell he knew when he let go of the ball that it was going to be a touchdown. A VERY clutch play with only a few seconds left.

Comment

Like I said on a rant a few losses ago, I'm done. It's time for a change.

I know injuries have decimated our D. If you compare the first game 2 deep to last night you'll see a large number of playmakers absent. But, still, it's a fact that after 6 years, WT will finish 6-5 and less than mid-pack in the LSC. And we've never sniffed the playoffs.

It's time for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                      Like I said on a rant a few losses ago, I'm done. It's time for a change.

I know injuries have decimated our D. If you compare the first game 2 deep to last night you'll see a large number of playmakers absent. But, still, it's a fact that after 6 years, WT will finish 6-5 and less than mid-pack in the LSC. And we've never sniffed the playoffs.

It's time for a change.
                      The defensive injuries have certainly played a role, but this is still mostly the same team that thumped Central Washington a couple weeks ago, but has now lost to ENMU. ENMU has a few good players, but not much after them, and WT allowed those guys (Martin and Wondeh in particular) to have close to their best games on the year against them.

Central Washington scored 45 on ENMU, and Central Washington has only scored above 24 points twice this year, and the other was against SFU. I know it was a rivalry game, and weird things can happen in those games, but WT is a better team and they needed to show it. Right now, injuries or not, they're underachieving.

Comment

Getting to the state semifinals is a great accomplishment. Congratulations!

On the winning touchdown pass, the QB had plenty of time, and I could tell he knew when he let go of the ball that it was going to be a touchdown. A VERY clutch play with only a few seconds left.
                        3rd time in the past 5 years other two times we won made it to the championship. This team def overachieved this year. Next year we are loaded.

It's 6 man we lost to my high school coached against an old friend. 67-54 was final. We didn't complete a single pass.... we turned the ball over a couple times including a pi​​​ck six.
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I have had time to assess and review all the game this year just to make sure I am being objective and not pissed off at another bad loss.

WT in 4 of their 5 wins (minus UTPB) they jumped on those teams early and big so they didn't have time to adjust and mount a comeback.

WT was a great frontrunner when they jumped ahead by more than one score and stayed there.

If WT was slightly ahead or even for a half then the opposing coach always seemed to make the adjustment to beat WT late.

The only outlier was UTPB and that coach seemed to miraculously mismanaged and choke as many games as WT including against WT.

I have met Hughes a couple of times (once when he was at Pueblo and once at WT).

He is really a nice guy and I hate that he couldnt make it work out.

Some coaches are meant to be coordinators instead of head coaches.

I hope he finds success in his next job as long as it isnt in the LSC.

Comment

I bet you could combine ENMU and WNMU budgets and it would still be less than what WT is spending on football. WT should never lose to these schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X