• Show
Clear All

• Inquiring Minds Want To Know----

Will Wt win their last game??
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Yeah they will win it.

Simon Fraser makes ENMU look like Grand Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah they will win it.

Simon Fraser makes ENMU look like Grand Valley.
      I’m not so sure on that!Lol!

Comment

Doesnt really matter at this point. Enjoyed the games immensely and WT always puts on a good atmosphere for Football. Plan on going to a lot of basketball games this year. Hope to see you there.
        D2 Naked Co-ed Football - the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
          Seriously??

Comment

If WT loses, then Hughes shouldn’t be allowed to leave Canada. SFU has been terrible outside of one game this season, and I can’t imagine even a depleted or disinterested WT team losing.

Comment

Never bet more than $1 on a Hughes win, including SFU.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                If WT loses, then Hughes shouldn’t be allowed to leave Canada. SFU has been terrible outside of one game this season, and I can’t imagine even a depleted or disinterested WT team losing.
                WT might get lucky because SFU will be looking past them towards the Shrum Bowl in December.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

WT might get lucky because SFU will be looking past them towards the Shrum Bowl in December.
                  Yeah, because we need the worst team in the LSC to be distracted so Hughes can eke out another "winning" season.

I actually laughed when I read this post, before realizing it's dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Yeah, because we need the worst team in the LSC to be distracted so Hughes can eke out another "winning" season.

If WT loses to SFU (as it is right now), everyone should get fired, including the players.

Comment

SFU has got to win at least one game this season.. Might as well be the last game.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I did too until I realized they did make the stars align once and scared the $hit out of UTPB on their home field.

Only thing this will do is accelerate Hughes firing by a couple of days (on the bus instead of the travel time back from Canada to set up the press conference on 11/13).

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I did too until I realized they did make the stars align once and scared the $hit out of UTPB on their home field.

Only thing this will do is accelerate Hughes firing by a couple of days (on the bus instead of the travel time back from Canada to set up the press conference on 11/13).
                          I still think he will be back next year. Before Nesbitt's last year, he fired the OC & DC and took over the OC duties himself. No it didn't help. The OC he fired has had a lot of success at Mary Hardin Baylor.

Hughes can likely get a(n) extra year(s) if he fires the OC and hires a new DC. Of course Hughes may not want to come back, it doesn't seem like he's having fun. Honestly a good fit for him for the future is being Nesbitt's DC. That team scores a lot of points but so does their opposition. Hughes has experience with stopping powerful NAIA teams like OPSU and Texas College, which are on Nesbitt's schedule,

Nesbitt is a legend in AZ, with a winning record every year plus the team plays in the school's on-campus stadium! He's the only coach the OUAZ Spirit has ever had! ;)

https://ouazspirit.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

I hope our AD bites the bullet and makes a change.

Hughes' regime reminds me of the great Steinbeck book, "The Grapes of Wrath." Particularly, the truck and the old tires on rusted rims carting the Joad's west with all their earthly possessions. Continually flat, their oft-patched worn out tires limp the Model-T truck into California (Canada for the Buffs this weekend) before expiring with a final belch of exhaust.. For me, that's WT football after 6 years. Expired.
                            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-08-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              I hope our AD bites the bullet and makes a change.

Hughes' regime reminds me of the great Steinbeck book, "The Grapes of Wrath." Particularly, the truck and the old tires on rusted rims carting the Joad's west with all their earthly possessions. Continually flat, their oft-patched worn out tires limp the Model-T truck into California (Canada for the Buffs this weekend) before expiring with a final belch of exhaust.. For me, that's WT football after 6 years. Expired.
                              I think you mean "after 9 years". Do you think McBroom wants to try hiring another head football coach? Nesbitt was a flop, then based on what people have said in the forum, he wanted Tremaine Jackson (#80 Valdosta's Coach, who passed due to no 5 yr contract) before settling on Hunter Hughes. Even WT is at #49.

3 strikes and you're out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X