Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Hughes track record when he takes WT to the old GNAC? Things looking up for SFU!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I know some of you know that Martin has been the OC at WT for the last several years. Fortunately they abandoned "up the middle most plays" by midseason this year, but are still a mediocre team. If we can somehow manage to get by SFU Hughes will have another winning season! wow.
      Martin is NOT the "young" fresh-faced up-an-coming a program looking for those traits. He's what, eligible for Medicare?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Martin is NOT the "young" fresh-faced up-an-coming a program looking for those traits. He's what, eligible for Medicare?
        Who cares how old he is, if he wins? He probably would be better than Hughes as head coach.

Don Carthel is around 70 now but I am sure he would still do a great job.

Comment

Who cares how old he is, if he wins? He probably would be better than Hughes as head coach.

Don Carthel is around 70 now but I am sure he would still do a great job.
          If WT had a league leading offense during Martin's term as OC, I might be inclined to give him a look. Has his offense stepped up and won games since the D became overwhelmed with injuries? No. Martin would be a retread. Status quo. Does WT need status quo or new, energetic, enthusiastic, and competent leadership? Someone to come in and jump start the program, much like Carthel did when he took over. A new winning attitude. A new upward direction. Does anyone on here actually think Martin is that guy?

Comment

If WT had a league leading offense during Martin's term as OC, I might be inclined to give him a look. Has his offense stepped up and won games since the D became overwhelmed with injuries? No. Martin would be a retread. Status quo. Does WT need status quo or new, energetic, enthusiastic, and competent leadership? Someone to come in and jump start the program, much like Carthel did when he took over. A new winning attitude. A new upward direction. Does anyone on here actually think Martin is that guy?
            NO. I said he would be better than Hughes. I was also making the point that a good (but not great) record in the RMAC doesn't necessarily mean the coach is top tier.

Good luck finding someone who can do what Don did.

Comment

NO. I said he would be better than Hughes. I was also making the point that a good (but not great) record in the RMAC doesn't necessarily mean the coach is top tier.

Good luck finding someone who can do what Don did.
              Yep. If McB decides to replace HH, that hire will be critical for the future of WT athletics (IMO).

Comment

Yep. If McB decides to replace HH, that hire will be critical for the future of WT athletics (IMO).
                That's one of the reasons I think Hughes will stay. If McBroom hires yet another poor football coach, he will look really bad. 0-3 is WAY worse than 0-2.

Comment

Taking the WT job:

1. I'd bet he'd get a very good pay raise,
                  2. Top 3 facilities in all of D2.
                  3. Fully-funded budget.
                  4. More money for assistant coaches.
                  5. Despite lack of playoffs since Carthel, much higher visibility for recruiting.
                  6. Good core of young talent at WT. Keep most of it and you aren't "starting over."
                  7. 7,000 attendance instead of 3,000. A "winner" puts 10,000 butts in the stands.
                  8. What's the downside? If he wins at WT, his profile is much higher than if he wins at ECU.
                  You may be right, McCullough may take the job if offered. Then again WT may continue to stay with Hughes. Don't think any of us are going know until we know. Definitely makes for interesting conversation right now.

Comment

Martin is NOT the answer.

Comment

Well-------now we know the answer.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I am Shocked! Especially by the score. It's like SFU played Canyon HS. Thats the biggest let down I have ever seen. Any Hughes Sightings since last night?

Comment

It's pretty obvious. The blowout in Canada is the Hammer on the anvil. The WT football team quit on Hughes. It's over. Time to turn the page.

Comment

It's pretty obvious. The blowout in Canada is the Hammer on the anvil. The WT football team quit on Hughes. It's over. Time to turn the page.
                            quitting is one thing, I wouldnt have thought a team could lose by this much to SFU if they tried. THe team sabotaged this game!

Comment

Exactly. As soon as they fell a little behind, they mailed it in. They’re lucky they didn’t put their players in danger of injury.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

6-5 2019 before he came, 3-6 after he left.

I am 100% sure he couldn't care less whether YOU are impressed or not. LMFAO.

Let's revisit in 3-4 seasons.

Been watching this guy since he was DL coach at TAMUK. How bout you?

Come on.....you are better than this.
                                I'm sure he couldn't care, I'm sure the majority of the world couldn't care about a single post on this message board.

I'm glad you've been watching him that long, you also said WT would go like 9-2 this year so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Guy acted like a clown at Mesa, you don't have to like that but it has nothing to do with me being better than this or not. Perhaps you're biased towards him for some reason, I'm just calling it as many have seen it.

Valdosta is regretting that hire. This is a fact.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X