X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Yep. If McB decides to replace HH, that hire will be critical for the future of WT athletics (IMO).
    That's one of the reasons I think Hughes will stay. If McBroom hires yet another poor football coach, he will look really bad. 0-3 is WAY worse than 0-2.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

NO. I said he would be better than Hughes. I was also making the point that a good (but not great) record in the RMAC doesn't necessarily mean the coach is top tier.

Good luck finding someone who can do what Don did.
    Yep. If McB decides to replace HH, that hire will be critical for the future of WT athletics (IMO).

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

If WT had a league leading offense during Martin's term as OC, I might be inclined to give him a look. Has his offense stepped up and won games since the D became overwhelmed with injuries? No. Martin would be a retread. Status quo. Does WT need status quo or new, energetic, enthusiastic, and competent leadership? Someone to come in and jump start the program, much like Carthel did when he took over. A new winning attitude. A new upward direction. Does anyone on here actually think Martin is that guy?
    NO. I said he would be better than Hughes. I was also making the point that a good (but not great) record in the RMAC doesn't necessarily mean the coach is top tier.

Good luck finding someone who can do what Don did.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

Who cares how old he is, if he wins? He probably would be better than Hughes as head coach.

Don Carthel is around 70 now but I am sure he would still do a great job.
    If WT had a league leading offense during Martin's term as OC, I might be inclined to give him a look. Has his offense stepped up and won games since the D became overwhelmed with injuries? No. Martin would be a retread. Status quo. Does WT need status quo or new, energetic, enthusiastic, and competent leadership? Someone to come in and jump start the program, much like Carthel did when he took over. A new winning attitude. A new upward direction. Does anyone on here actually think Martin is that guy?

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

Martin is NOT the "young" fresh-faced up-an-coming a program looking for those traits. He's what, eligible for Medicare?
    Who cares how old he is, if he wins? He probably would be better than Hughes as head coach.

Don Carthel is around 70 now but I am sure he would still do a great job.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

I know some of you know that Martin has been the OC at WT for the last several years. Fortunately they abandoned "up the middle most plays" by midseason this year, but are still a mediocre team. If we can somehow manage to get by SFU Hughes will have another winning season! wow.
    Martin is NOT the "young" fresh-faced up-an-coming a program looking for those traits. He's what, eligible for Medicare?

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    What's Hughes track record when he takes WT to the old GNAC? Things looking up for SFU!

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

How about this guy? He had some 9 win seasons in the RMAC. I wonder what ever happened to him?

https://cmumavericks.com/sports/foot...ss-martin/2022
    I know some of you know that Martin has been the OC at WT for the last several years. Fortunately they abandoned "up the middle most plays" by midseason this year, but are still a mediocre team. If we can somehow manage to get by SFU Hughes will have another winning season! wow.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Plenty of facts to back it up. Pueblo's offense has been nothing but abysmal (their passing game this year has been a surprise) since 2014, forgive me for not being impressed that he lost to them but it was close. You don't seem one for participation trophies. He had one decent season at an established program in a bad conference, this is a fact. He didn't take some terrible team and turn them around, he stuck around a year and left. Good for him, I'm sure he got a nice raise and no one can blame him for that. Not impressed with what he's done though.
    6-5 2019 before he came, 3-6 after he left.

I am 100% sure he couldn't care less whether YOU are impressed or not. LMFAO.

Let's revisit in 3-4 seasons.

Been watching this guy since he was DL coach at TAMUK. How bout you?

Come on.....you are better than this.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Maybe. That would be the next step. It will take him 3-4 years to be a contender.

THAT I will bet on.
    How about this guy? He had some 9 win seasons in the RMAC. I wonder what ever happened to him?

https://cmumavericks.com/sports/foot...ss-martin/2022

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

Hashish is cheaper in Cambodia.
    I wonder if they have any good women's basketball over there?

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

Exactly what you are doing.

Nothing factual to back up your bashing of him. If you arectalking 3 COVID games, please. What about his 8-2 season in 2021. That D took your team to double OT.
    Plenty of facts to back it up. Pueblo's offense has been nothing but abysmal (their passing game this year has been a surprise) since 2014, forgive me for not being impressed that he lost to them but it was close. You don't seem one for participation trophies. He had one decent season at an established program in a bad conference, this is a fact. He didn't take some terrible team and turn them around, he stuck around a year and left. Good for him, I'm sure he got a nice raise and no one can blame him for that. Not impressed with what he's done though.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

He was definitely more of a drink gintonics in Madrid or Barcelona kinda guy in my opinion.
    Hashish is cheaper in Cambodia.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

I am not sure of all your other hype, but #4 is completely inaccurate. WT AC's are getting paid more money. Actually, compared to top tier DII teams, they are somewhere between middle and lower end.
    I'd be making a lot of money in MLB if I could bat .875.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

I heard they had the best defense in all of D2 during that covid season and boy did they make sure all 7 teams that played that year knew about it 7070707.

I don't think WT missed a thing besides a lot of talk.
    Exactly what you are doing.

Nothing factual to back up your bashing of him. If you arectalking 3 COVID games, please. What about his 8-2 season in 2021. That D took your team to double OT.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X