Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sul Poss???

Just saw in another forum that the Lone Star was issuing an invitation to D3 Sul Ross (General Discussion Forum; Future D2 programs thread) and wondered if anyone else has heard this?

I did hear from a person in ASU athletics earlier this year that this was being discussed.

There was a thread about it on here earlier this season.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      There was a thread about it on here earlier this season.
      Come on now. That was before I woke up this morning. You are expecting me to remember that are you? I make Dory from “Finding Nemo” (or the sequel “Finding Dory”)look like memory giant

Comment

One of McBroom's proteges is the AD at Sul Ross. They aren't doing that great in D3, but it's an extra win for Hughes next year!

https://srlobos.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

Comment

As long as they bring football along............

Comment

They are 1-1 against UTPB.
            I felt like this was inevitable once Commerce and Tarleton left, SRSU is the only public D3 school with football. With how cheap the school is they really shouldn’t be struggling in D3.

I would think UT-Tyler or another D2 would add football before SRSU gets a hand up to the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
              They are 1-1 against UTPB.
              I felt like this was inevitable once Commerce and Tarleton left, SRSU is the only public D3 school with football. With how cheap the school is they really shouldn’t be struggling in D3.

I would think UT-Tyler or another D2 would add football before SRSU gets a hand up to the LSC.
              They have to compete with Hardin-Simmons & MHB. They grab all the good players. As a matter of fact those two usually get better talent than most DIIs. Since they don't have athletic schollys their players can get all kinds of "academic" and "other" scholarships. Several players I coached wound up with full rides +. So, they got more $ and a much better education and experience.

Comment

Do y’all think they would actually take the invite and move up?

Comment

Don't see how that is being seriously discussed unless they are following the WT model and have top tier sports other than football.

Their 3 home games drew 165, 175, and 185 peeps.

I've seen more peeps attend the high school football practices here in Montgomery.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Their 3 home games drew 165, 175, and 185 peeps.
                    Yeah, but that's an upward trend.

Comment

I don't see this happening, but they've been sort of a fish out of the water in their current setup being the only public institution in their conference.

Alpine is a cool little town. It's become an escape for the Austin/Dallas hipster crowd so you have plenty of cool places to eat, art galleries, and music venues, and the scenery is outstanding being in the heart of the mountains in west Texas and north of Big Bend National Park. BUT it's a long road trip from a major airport. Three and a half hours from El Paso. Three hours from Midland/Odessa....

Comment

I would think that the LSC would rather add another D2 school (NMHU, UCO, or anyone) before bringing up a D3. Especially one in Sul Ross’ postion.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                          I don't see this happening, but they've been sort of a fish out of the water in their current setup being the only public institution in their conference.

Alpine is a cool little town. It's become an escape for the Austin/Dallas hipster crowd so you have plenty of cool places to eat, art galleries, and music venues, and the scenery is outstanding being in the heart of the mountains in west Texas and north of Big Bend National Park. BUT it's a long road trip from a major airport. Three and a half hours from El Paso. Three hours from Midland/Odessa....
                          Your age is showing. 7070707

No one uses hipster any longer. They are now called "Yuccie" (young urban creative).

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Your age is showing. 7070707

No one uses hipster any longer. They are now called "Yuccie" (young urban creative).
                            I always thought of you as a hipster! ;)

By the way, I believe in giving time off for good behavior so if you want to change your icon back go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I always thought of you as a hipster! ;)

By the way, I believe in giving time off for good behavior so if you want to change your icon back go ahead.
                              Ha!

No Sir, a deal is a deal. I will change it Saturday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X