Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

I was thinking one and a half cycles from freshman to senior, but you're right, he's had seven seasons to figure it out and he hasn't. They thumped CWU and WCU and still had a losing record, that's not good.
    That's WT in a nutshell now. They are good for an upset (two at most), beat a few equal average teams, and have at least 1 awful loss.

They remind me of how Central Oklahoma used to be during WT's prime and now in the MIAA. They would spring an upset but have awful losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

That's WT in a nutshell now. They are good for an upset (two at most), beat a few equal average teams, and have at least 1 awful loss.

They remind me of how Central Oklahoma used to be during WT's prime and now in the MIAA. They would spring an upset but have awful losses.
      Losing to SFU in a blowout goes beyond awful…

Comment

• Reasons to keep Hughes: fewer safeties this year, the only one was tonight. The team was upset by meanies in customs. Better kicking game (just not great). Too many injuries. Stopped running up the middle every play. GPAs are up. Who cares about the who wins the games when you have such a beautiful 3A high school stadium with club level? Free nachos!

He should have been fired last year, he lost control of the team completely this year. I predicted 6-5 but I was TOO optimistic.

Call the AD if you want, he won't care. Remember all those sad Moms that wanted the cheerleaders to be reinstated? Too bad.

Just lower your expectations!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Schedule is everything.

WT still had something to play for then.

How did Central Washington lose to both WT and Western Oregon?
          As I’ve said before and I’ll say again, it is difficult to travel to/from LSC/PNW. Also, WOU isn’t as bad as a lot of people here make them out to be, only lost one conference game by more than five points and that was ASU. Played well on the road at TAMUK tonight. Atrocious special teams (again) kept it a close game.
          Last edited by SPWOU; 11-13-2022, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
            WNM first winning season since 1994.

ENM can’t get green chilies to go with their Wagon Wheel.
            Pretty good first season for Vigil. And the great part is he has really made an effort to reach out to in state schools looking for talent.

I'm a Hound but the Mustangs played a great game today.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Belated props to WOU -- just got back from the Oregon State-Cal football game -- winning at TAMUK is not easy. Looks like Winker put together a really nice game, Land rushed very well and the defense came up with some big plays. Wondering about that 6-yard punt return for a TD, how did that happen?

Nevertheless, a very good win to end the season and build toward next year. We lose Dixon-Land; hope Winker returns.

Comment

• What the heck is happening to this world. I don't know what is worse, West Texas losing to SFU 46-14 or Kingsville going 0-4 after starting 7-0.

How does Kingsville's coaching staff let the team finish the season with 4 straight loses. I know their competition was much improved over the last 4 games, but WHAT THE HECK! The Angelo State was excusable (although being a bit more competitive would have been great), but why couldn't the coaching staff do a good enough job in the last 3 games to put the team in a position to win at least 2 of those games? Heck, the past 2 games were at home against very beatable teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post
                  What the heck is happening to this world. I don't know what is worse, West Texas losing to SFU 46-14 or Kingsville going 0-4 after starting 7-0.

How does Kingsville's coaching staff let the team finish the season with 4 straight loses. I know their competition was much improved over the last 4 games, but WHAT THE HECK! The Angelo State was excusable (although being a bit more competitive would have been great), but why couldn't the coaching staff do a good enough job in the last 3 games to put the team in a position to win at least 2 of those games? Heck, the past 2 games were at home against very beatable teams.
                  Some TAMUK posters were offended when I said you're 7-0 because you haven't played anyone yet, had a few cream puff games, and got lucky in a few games. I also state TAMUK season didn't start until 10/15. It was all true!

Several people saw this coming. But it perturbed some Kingsville fans. Sorry.

I DO believe Kingsvill improved overall. But they have a long way to go to be contenders. At least you have a lot to build on. And, I expect the piggies will be much better next season.

I was happy to see the improvement.

However, I do agree. The Javs should have won 2 out of 4. Oh well.

Comment

• Speaking of Kingsville.....what happened to all the posters from a few weeks ago?????

Comment

• Originally posted by tsull View Post
                      Belated props to WOU -- just got back from the Oregon State-Cal football game -- winning at TAMUK is not easy. Looks like Winker put together a really nice game, Land rushed very well and the defense came up with some big plays. Wondering about that 6-yard punt return for a TD, how did that happen?

Nevertheless, a very good win to end the season and build toward next year. We lose Dixon-Land; hope Winker returns.
                      Punt was blocked for TD.
                      Offense played well and most importantly O didn’t turn it over. Another crazy game for special teams!
                      Last edited by SPWOU; 11-13-2022, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Some TAMUK posters were offended when I said you're 7-0 because you haven't played anyone yet, had a few cream puff games, and got lucky in a few games. I also state TAMUK season didn't start until 10/15. It was all true!

Several people saw this coming. But it perturbed some Kingsville fans. Sorry.

I DO believe Kingsvill improved overall. But they have a long way to go to be contenders. At least you have a lot to build on. And, I expect the piggies will be much better next season.

I was happy to see the improvement.

However, I do agree. The Javs should have won 2 out of 4. Oh well.
                        Yup and I was the jealous WT fan that was forever pissed off about the WT loss and was just posting about Kingsville being overrated just to flap my gums. Haha.

Kingsville could have easily been 5-6. So many games came down to one or two key plays at the end.

Surprising thing for me is their defense disappeared the last two games against average teams. That defense is there all season long then they are talking about playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

As I’ve said before and I’ll say again, it is difficult to travel to/from LSC/PNW. Also, WOU isn’t as bad as a lot of people here make them out to be, only lost one conference game by more than five points and that was ASU. Played well on the road at TAMUK tonight. Atrocious special teams (again) kept it a close game.
                          No they are not as bad but they are like all the rest outside ASU. Average. Nothing more nothing less. Western Oregon is a team that a playoff level team should beat hence no other playoff teams from the LSC.

Comment

Punt was blocked for TD.
                            offonse played well and most importantly O didn’t turn it over. Another crazy game for special teams!
                            Yeah, I couldn't watch the game last night because I was at an event but I was following it on the live stats. When those last two TOs happened (blocked punt for axTD and our QB fumbling for a TD) I might have drawn a little too much attention to myself. Like I've said all season, we're much improved but we still have a lonnnnng way to go.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                              There are three people in the pick'em feeling like absolute geniuses right now. Of course, two were WT fans that picked SFU sarcastically, I think.
                              I picked SFU for the only win of the season but did not expect it to happen.

Comment

Wolves field goal puts them up 24-21
                                Congrats to asu for a great win at msu. And going 11-0 so far. Now 0-0 again. Cant wait for playoffs. Lcs season was awesome to me. Very unpredictable and that’s a good thing. Good luck to the young men who played their last
                                football game. Hope they become productive men in society.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X