Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Playoffs Pick'em: Week 1

Crap, there are a lot of games this weekend... Twelve of them! I'm not going to list them all out here but there are some teams I've never heard of (cwfenn probably has). As BuffaloChip said in the last LSC pick'em, there's a prize on the line here. For championship week, the pick'em will be picking the scores for the final game. So good luck and may the odds ever be in your favor!

Pick here: https://forms.gle/ct5poZmrvC6eB3he6

Should be fun, thanks for doing this!

Comment

Only 9 people have picked so far. Need to have at least as many people picking games as there are games!

Comment

In theory I should get all of region 1 right since I live up there, but I’m going to pick New Haven even though they’re going to Shepherd and they have the reigning Harlon Hill winner and Shepherd is a much better team in my opinion. In my defense, New Haven has made the playoffs 3 of the last four seasons and they won their first round playoff game the previous two times, including a win over an undefeated West Chester team. I’m all for any chance New Haven can get to stick it to the PSAC.

(OK, that’s all for region 1 talk.)
        Last edited by cwfenn; 11-15-2022, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
          In theory I should get all of region 1 right since I live up there, but I’m going to pick New Haven even though they’re going to Shepherd and they have the reigning Harlon Hill winner and Shepherd is a much better team in my opinion. In my defense, New Haven has made the playoffs 3 of the last four seasons and they won their first round playoff game the previous two times, including a win over an undefeated West Chester team. I’m all for any chance New Haven can get to stick it to the PSAC.

(OK, that’s all for region 1 talk.)
          I don't follow it as close as I once did but just getting back into it.

I remember when region 1 was a bye in the semifinals until Winston Salem beat WT and then Shepherd beat Grand Valley.

Its a great thing when all regions are equally competitive.

Comment

Looking at region 4 and I think Bemidji is the best of the NSIC teams, and they got the 4 seed. I think the other three NSIC teams aren’t quite as good, but MN State is close.

Comment

Is Region 1 the GVSU region? Looking at the bracket, whoever comes out of that region is going to be tough! That is a brutal set of 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                Is Region 1 the GVSU region? Looking at the bracket, whoever comes out of that region is going to be tough! That is a brutal set of 3 games.
                They're Region 3.

Comment

Wayne Cavadi D2 playoff write up and predictions.

https://twitter.com/waynecavadi_d2/s...305643008?s=21

Comment

The importance of going 11-0 is in full display on ESPN U right now with the WMU at CMU game being played in a raging snowstorm in the middle of Michigan. If ASU had lost 1 or 2 games this would have been their future on Saturday in Bemidji, MN or Mankato, MN, etc.
                    Last edited by texcap; 11-16-2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

First round preview, where I do my best to act like I know anything about the NSIC:

https://www.d2football.com/lsc-first...ayoff-preview/

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

They're Region 3.
                        Yes, Region 3 is a BEAR!!!! I think the NC will come from 3.

Comment

The most competitive games according to the pickers are:

Slippery Rock at Assumption
                          NWMSU at Ouchita Baptist
                          Wingate at Virginia Union

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                            The most competitive games according to the pickers are:

Slippery Rock at Assumption
                            NWMSU at Ouchita Baptist
                            Wingate at Virginia Union
                            Assumption has a legitimately strong defense. Of the teams I’ve seen this year, the only defense I’ve seen that performed better is Angelo. They were able to beat a Kutztown team that finished 8-3 by a 3-0 score. Their profile reminds me of how CWU did this year. They beat New Haven this year by one point because New Haven had issues with their kickers and they left too many points on the field. Assumption’s problem is their offense is not good at all-three games they managed more than 17 points and two of them were in the low 20’s. I think Slippery Rock should be able to sneak out enough points to win.

Comment

FYI-SR4 playoff scores:

Mn State wins 26-9
                              Mines up 38-14 in the third
                              Bemidji up 31-0 in the fourth after a 0-0 first half.

Looks like Bemidji Beavers versus ASU Rams next week in San Angelo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X