Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffAlum99 View Post
    Having been around some of the coaching staff and players, they mentioned this was the most talented team they have had there in years…..All to go 5-6 and lose to REALLY bad teams. That’s all on coaching and motivating!
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
      https://youtu.be/_DYKQB1QkTo
      Maybe Hughes isn't going anywhere.....wtf 😒
      He DOES NOT sound like a man that will be unemployed for Christmas!

Comment

As a proud alum and supporter of WT, I am absolutely embarrassed at the state of our football program. Hughes has had 7 years to develop his program and roster to win games and there has been an immense amount of booster support with the stadium and facility upgrades. He has no excuses now. It’s time to move on.
        Totally agree,, time for coaching change.. when Carthel was there so much pride in WT football.. that is long gone.. we have new Stadium good facilities and bottom of the barrel coaching.. What are they waiting for.??

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
          I would place money that Hughes can't be fired. He's quite a handy trojan horse for the WT admin that can quickly accomplish their goals of torpedoing the program. WT sports are in jeopardy.
          WT admin needs to cut bait and fire him now... its been long enough. Heck they fired Joe Kerbel after 10 very sucessful years back in my Dads day WT admin just cannot make decisions.

Comment

With the facilities and booster backing that WT has, would have to think that it would be considered a premier D2 job in the country. There would be a lot of big time coaches that would be interested.
            This can be remedied by contacting the known boosters and request to suspend all donations until a new football coach is hired.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

He DOES NOT sound like a man that will be unemployed for Christmas!
              I don't expect him to say "I sucked a$$ this year and I hope the new coach that follows me has better success".

He looks worn down and for that I feel badly for him.

I have watched the last 2 videos (ENMU and SFU).

The one thing that stands out to me is he and his coaches never took responsibility for the losses.

It was the players fault they weren't motivated, It was the players fault they were not consistently in the right positions, etc.

My "favorite" one: The injuries and lack of depth exposed us.

To the point where SFU blew you out by 30+ points??

I don't see how the current staff can look a recruit in the eye and say they had a successful season and things are looking up.

I am hopeful the right decision will be made.

Comment

All I hear is him blaming the players for the season and not taking responsibility for any of it. You mean the guys you have recruited the past 7 years should have been better? Even the 6th year players who had extra eligibility? Seems like Angelo is doing just fine with the same types of players! Especially their 6th year guys!

Comment

All I hear is him blaming the players for the season and not taking responsibility for any of it. You mean the guys you have recruited the past 7 years should have been better? Even the 6th year players who had extra eligibility? Seems like Angelo is doing just fine with the same types of players! Especially their 6th year guys!
                  Yeah certainly didn't help me feel any empathy toward the guy when he doesn't seem to want to take responsibility. His team quit on him and that's the bottom line. I feel bad a man loses his job but i don't see how it could go any other way. Complete **** show this season.

Comment

Yeah certainly didn't help me feel any empathy toward the guy when he doesn't seem to want to take responsibility. His team quit on him and that's the bottom line. I feel bad a man loses his job but i don't see how it could go any other way. Complete **** show this season.
                    Hard to imagine another year of him would be any different. If it truly was the players fault they better hit the recruiting trail, which doesn’t seem to be their strong suit either….

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

This can be remedied by contacting the known boosters and request to suspend all donations until a new football coach is hired.
                      All of us alumni need to get in touch with the Bain and Schaeffer families…

Comment

Hughes just made a great recruiting video for other LSC schools to use against Wt.UTPB coaches are going have a field day with this one…

Comment

Who’s the guy that didn’t show up for the bus?

Also, he really enjoyed the Space Needle
                          Last edited by Purple Mav Man; 11-15-2022, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Heard that Hughes went after a kid in a team meeting leading up to the game. Sounds like it was a kid who was there for a long time

Comment

Heard that Hughes went after a kid in a team meeting leading up to the game. Sounds like it was a kid who was there for a long time
                              I'd have to imagine it was Kenneath Redd. He entered into the portal last week sometime. I also noticed sophomore Hesston Marshall dropped off the roster last week sometime so it could have been him also. Neither were really used this year and both should have been utilized more imo

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Kept coming back to that space needle to point out it's more than just football....sigh 😔.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X