Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    When a coach is fielding a team that isn’t fully funded - and by a good stretch - it’s hard to blame the coach. Go talk to WT admin and ask them to fund the program. After that, it’s fair to evaluate a coach.

Hard to win a knife fight when you show up with a butter knife.

WT fans are being duped, but not by any ball coach. Clue phone’s ringing guys. Pick it up.
    What is the excuse for the team quitting with 3 games left? Players not even getting on the bus! Is that the admin fault too?

Comment

For all the old school WT fans.

Would the Simon Fraser loss rank as the worse WT loss of all time?

Quite a range from beating Oklahoma State in 1980 to losing to a Canadian D2 football school that wins only a few times a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
        For all the old school WT fans.

Would the Simon Fraser loss rank as the worse WT loss of all time?

Quite a range from beating Oklahoma State in 1980 to losing to a Canadian D2 football school that wins only a few times a decade.
        It's close between that and the 28-0 shutout from ENMU the final year in Kimbrough. That was the worst game I ever attended. The Buffs had nothing going at all in that game. Coach for both games: Hunter Hughes.

Comment

The garbage that has been on the field the last two weeks falls directly in the lap of Hughes. Scapegoating players? Pathetic at best! Accountability? Where are you?

Sadly, this comes all the way from the top meaning President’s desk. I have said it before and I’ll reiterate again. The President, AD and HC all need to be fired yesterday if WT ever wants to field a playoff football team. Until that day comes, enjoy the lackluster going through the motions every fall. You have a better chance of standing flat footed and leaping over a car than watching a WT playoff game!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            The garbage that has been on the field the last two weeks falls directly in the lap of Hughes. Scapegoating players? Pathetic at best! Accountability? Where are you?

Sadly, this comes all the way from the top meaning President’s desk. I have said it before and I’ll reiterate again. The President, AD and HC all need to be fired yesterday if WT ever wants to field a playoff football team. Until that day comes, enjoy the lackluster going through the motions every fall. You have a better chance of standing flat footed and leaping over a car than watching a WT playoff game!
            OUCH!

Comment

OK. Here it is. Hughes rode the coat tails of Coach Leomitti at CSU Pueblo who really was the leader of the Defense. He also rode the coat tails of Wristen. Hughes had his chance to bring greatness to WT by riding coat tails but could not bring any excellent coaches to ride on. Hughes, its time to go! Ft. Lewis just might take him, but he may have burned too many bridges in the RMAC. It might be right to head back to Tennessee where you came from and start over.

Comment

I agree with Wendler and Hughes.

McBroom has built an athletic powerhouse in most of the other sports which is why I find it troubling that he cant see why this isnt working out unless he is blinded by his friendship for Hughes.

If I, Buffalochip, or Techster took over the basketball and volleyball programs and posted 17-16 seasons over a span of several years without playoff appearances I doubt we would be around after year 3.

Comment

Absolutely right!

Comment

McBroom has built an athletic powerhouse in most of the other sports which is why I find it troubling that he cant see why this isnt working out unless he is blinded by his friendship for Hughes.

If I, Buffalochip, or Techster took over the basketball and volleyball programs and posted 17-16 seasons over a span of several years without playoff appearances I doubt we would be around after year 3.
                    McBroom also hired his buddy Nesbitt, who wrecked the program the year after being the caretaker for Don's team.

Even Ray Charles is not that blind.

Comment

McBroom is working on almost a decade of mediocre to bad football. It almost makes me think it’s being intentionally done by the top two. Hughes is just a pawn and a really bad one at that. Seriously, the guy couldn’t motivate starving Ethiopians to come to a buffet.

Comment

McBroom has neglected the Flagship sport as AD. For me, that’s grounds for dismissal.

Maybe he should seek employment at a University that doesn’t sponsor football. In that way he can see if he can continue his success in the OT Other Sports.

Comment

Has interest in WT football declined so much that there is no local journalist reporting on the decline is the program? This level of mismanagement of a program would never be sustainable in a D1 program. Is it a situation that just too few people care? We chose D2 because otherwise we'd be fired.

Comment

McBroom is working on almost a decade of mediocre to bad football. It almost makes me think it’s being intentionally done by the top two. Hughes is just a pawn and a really bad one at that. Seriously, the guy couldn’t motivate starving Ethiopians to come to a buffet.
                            You are on a roll! Even if they came to the buffet, Hughes would demotivate them at half time.

Comment

McBroom has neglected the Flagship sport as AD. For me, that’s grounds for dismissal.

Maybe he should seek employment at a University that doesn’t sponsor football. In that way he can see if he can continue his success in the OT Other Sports.
                              Yeah, he might still be able to be runner up for the Whatchamacallit Award over there! I would wish him well at Cameron (except when they play WT).

Comment

Was sent this earlier today. WT has become a laughingstock.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRQFykub/

This video brought back memories of this guy I played sports with in HS. He was a good athlete our RB in football point guard in basketball and pitcher and catcher for baseball. But he was a narcissistic braggart. Thank God there was no social media back then. He made you dislike him and other school players and fans loathed him. He was that guy that made sure if he made a play everyone knew it. His mouth was his worst enemy. He would say anything to other team. But what I remember most was this incident which brought our Baseball Coach to the boiling point. He was pitching and this batter hit a sharp one hopper right at him which he fielded and before the batter could take a step toward first he yelled at him RUN BOY RUN. He continued yelling this as the batter ran down to first. I was playing 1B and I promise he waited until the very last second and threw the runner out by half a step. Needless to say he was removed from the game and had to do all kinds of extra curricular stuff to stay on the team. This behavior is NEVER a GOOD LOOK. A reflection on your school as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X