Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I wonder why the delay. They are offering Juco players left and right from looking at Twitter activity.
    Why the delay, if it's true? Our AD works deliberately in post season coaching evaluations. He is not prone to snap decisions. He is thorough and deliberate.

And, if it is true, do not look for a new coach to be named quickly. If a change is to be made, it'll be early Jan before a new coach is hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Why the delay, if it's true? Our AD works deliberately in post season coaching evaluations. He is not prone to snap decisions. He is thorough and deliberate.

And, if it is true, do not look for a new coach to be named quickly. If a change is to be made, it'll be early Jan before a new coach is hired.
      Even Hellen Keller could see the cluster and hear the frustrations of the fan base.

He should have been proactive after the ENMU game to make to move on 11/13, make a list of coaches he wanted to interview, and had a plan in place to hire before Thanksgiving.

At any rate I am glad this is happening but waiting too long and you will have a roster full of Simon Fraser caliber players and the new coach will need the full 3-4 years to be competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Even Hellen Keller could see the cluster and hear the frustrations of the fan base.

He should have been proactive after the ENMU game to make to move on 11/13, make a list of coaches he wanted to interview, and had a plan in place to hire before Thanksgiving.

At any rate I am glad this is happening but waiting too long and you will have a roster full of Simon Fraser caliber players and the new coach will need the full 3-4 years to be competitive.
        I doubt it will take the right coach 3-4 years to turn it around. The current LSC is not the old LSC. No Tartleton no Commerce. A new coach could do this in 2 years. Keep some good young talent on board. Hit the jucos for some key talent. And recruit like all hell's let out. I think the biggest need is hiring a couple of really good recruiters for the OC and DC positions. I know one thing for certain, a new OC will not be an "up the middle" coach. I was told by someone very close to the situation......WT needs and will get an offense that SCORES.

We'll see.

Comment

• Just in time for the Turkey bowl 🏈🦃

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
            NOTE to WT admin. PLEASE fire Hughes ASAP so this thread can die.
            Thanks for posting this, evidently someone in Canyon read it! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Thanks for posting this, evidently someone in Canyon read it! ;)
              Yep, he’s gone:

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2022/11/2...-football.aspx

Comment

• So y'all are saying Hughes has... went?

Comment

Maybe WTAMU could use a couple of dem Canadian SFU kids....

Bonus for spelling it correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Maybe WTAMU could use a couple of dem Canadian SFU kids....

Bonus for spelling it correctly.
                    We would love to have SFU's QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I doubt it will take the right coach 3-4 years to turn it around. The current LSC is not the old LSC. No Tartleton no Commerce. A new coach could do this in 2 years. Keep some good young talent on board. Hit the jucos for some key talent. And recruit like all hell's let out. I think the biggest need is hiring a couple of really good recruiters for the OC and DC positions. I know one thing for certain, a new OC will not be an "up the middle" coach. I was told by someone very close to the situation......WT needs and will get an offense that SCORES.

We'll see.
                      Can't recruit without scholarships. And according to Herb, the funding is not there.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                        Well, my "informant" wasn't worth a crap! LOL.

But he did apologize today.....so....no worries.

Comment

• THANK GOODNESS HUGHES IS GONE!!!!!!

Best news of the week!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Well, my "informant" wasn't worth a crap! LOL.

But he did apologize today.....so....no worries.
                            I think it was the pressure exerted by the D2 message board and Facebook that caused a mind change. LOL.

Comment

I think it was the pressure exerted by the D2 message board and Facebook that caused a mind change. LOL.
                              I believe SFU was thevfinal straw, because as of 11/11 the news was Hughes was staying and a new AC was hired.

Maybe a combination of the SFU loss and pressure you speak of. From calls to the AD'S office as well. Another factor was players leaving. Enough was enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I believe SFU was thevfinal straw, because as of 11/11 the news was Hughes was staying and a new AC was hired.

Maybe a combination of the SFU loss and pressure you speak of. From calls to the AD'S office as well. Another factor was players leaving. Enough was enough.
                                I agree.

As bad as the ENMU game was he probably survives given it was a rivalry game lost at the end.

Getting blown out by Simon Fraser would be like Texas getting blown out by New Mexico State.

Players leaving totally agree with as well.

The WT Facebook page is definitely an interesting dynamic.

Lots of fans and former parents saw the importance of high grades rather than a playoff football team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X