Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having talked to a few coaches in the LSC, they are all extremely happy that Hughes hasn't been let go. They have all been surprised as the level of recruiting WT football as fallen to versus what they are putting on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

State University fiscal years in Texas are 1 October to 30 September, which matches the federal fiscal year.
      So employment contracts are not done on the academic year??

Comment

Just heard from a VERY RELIABLE WT inside source that a new assistant coach has been hired and Hughes will remain WTAMU's HC.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          Just heard from a VERY RELIABLE WT inside source that a new assistant coach has been hired and Hughes will remain WTAMU's HC.
          Here’s to another losing season! I’m hearing a ton of players are hitting the portal, so what they did have will be gone. They must think he is a better recruiter than what the rest of the conference thinks he is

Comment

So the offensive coordinator is the fall guy again lmao 🤣. You can't make this stuff up. Thanks for the update

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

So the offensive coordinator is the fall guy again lmao 🤣. You can't make this stuff up. Thanks for the update
              Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffAlum99 View Post

Here’s to another losing season! I’m hearing a ton of players are hitting the portal, so what they did have will be gone. They must think he is a better recruiter than what the rest of the conference thinks he is
                Hearing the same. SMDH!!!

That may be why Hughes said in his "speech" that he is going to get rid of players. Naw, it appears the player's are ridding themselves of the coach. And he is trying to make it appear as if it's his choice.

Wow.

Comment

So who’s the new OC? (Asking for a friend)

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Their offense was ranked 2nd in conference! I would think there would have to be some changes on the defensive side. Maybe a new DL coach would be good. They always look undersized and under developed. Can’t think of one good one since Hughes has been there

Comment

Originally posted by BuffAlum99 View Post

Their offense was ranked 2nd in conference! I would think there would have to be some changes on the defensive side. Maybe a new DL coach would be good. They always look undersized and under developed. Can’t think of one good one since Hughes has been there
                      I honestly don't know, he has a thing for undersized defensive linemen for some reason. He can't blame a DC, because he hasn't had one the last couple of seasons, it's on him. So that's why I assumed the OC would be the fall guy. I doubt he gets rid of Haddan, he is Hughes 2nd hand man

Comment

Next year without Gerber, Bogardus, and Compton, Hughes will be hard pressed to get 4 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                          So who’s the new OC? (Asking for a friend)
                          I don't know the position of the new ac. Sorry.

Comment

Well if this is true then WT football and admin will get exactly what they deserve.

Hopefully there will be enough students left on campus to cheer on the remaining sports since that doesn't seem to be a priority either.

Comment

WT will be lucky to win 4 games next year. Publicly throwing players under the bus? Lack of accountability from the HC? No excitement around the team? No culture?

But the GPA is high and they had fun… Amateur stuff coming out of Canyon.

HH must have some blackmail on McBroom to still be on campus. Next year should be interesting.

Comment

Hughes is pushing hard for Sul Ross to join the LSC so he can add another win, just like Simon Fra…. Oh.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X