Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post
    Terrible how they finished the season and the Heritage Bowl is just more proof. The most surprising thing is s how the defense has fallen apart over the last 4 games. Giving up 34 to Angelo State was expected, but it just looks like the whole team, defense included, has given up.

I might have been too complimentory of the coaching staff after Kingsville started 7-0. The Angelo State loss was forseeable enough that the coaching staff should have been able to set expectations and coach the team in a manner that kept the team from going on a 5 game losing streak just because they lost to the #1 team in D2. A quality coaching staff should be able to easily accomplish that.

Just my observation from a distance, but it looks like the whole team, especially the defense, just gave up after the Angelo State game.
    That really sucks. I was concerned with the early wins and the vocal excitement on this board. I was thinking TAMUK had made a remarkable turnaround, but as you say, things fell apart. That's a real shame.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

That really sucks. I was concerned with the early wins and the vocal excitement on this board. I was thinking TAMUK had made a remarkable turnaround, but as you say, things fell apart. That's a real shame.
      Pops, any insight from a coach's perspective what might have happened with Kingsville? Am I being too tough on the coaching staff when I say they should have been able to manage the last 5 games better on a program-wide basis in order to avoid going 0-5? I admit I was too hopefully after Kingsville started 7-0.

Frequently the team didn't even look competitive over the last 5 games. The defense was great versus limited or non-existent competition in the first 7 games. They seemed about as competitive as someone could realistically hope for against Angelo State, only giving up 34. But the defense seemed to get worse each week after that.

I hope I am wrong. I definitely wish Kingsville and the LSC the best going forward.

Comment

Pops, any insight from a coach's perspective what might have happened with Kingsville? Am I being too tough on the coaching staff when I say they should have been able to manage the last 5 games better on a program-wide basis in order to avoid going 0-5? I admit I was too hopefully after Kingsville started 7-0.

Frequently the team didn't even look competitive over the last 5 games. The defense was great versus limited or non-existent competition in the first 7 games. They seemed about as competitive as someone could realistically hope for against Angelo State, only giving up 34. But the defense seemed to get worse each week after that.

I hope I am wrong. I definitely wish Kingsville and the LSC the best going forward.
        I have no clue what happened. I am not close enough to the program and only know one player. Therefore, I have zero insight.

Logically, it seems as if they were performing well against weaker teams and players buying in. They built up a mental edge. The Angelo game tested them and once they lost that edge, they no longer believed.

That's just an opinion of what possibly happened.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I have no clue what happened. I am not close enough to the program and only know one player. Therefore, I have zero insight.

Logically, it seems as if they were performing well against weaker teams and players buying in. They built up a mental edge. The Angelo game tested them and once they lost that edge, they no longer believed.

That's just an opinion of what possibly happened.
          Thanks. Hopefully they can re-set over the offseason and come back better next season.

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully they can re-set over the offseason and come back better next season.
            Hope so. It feels like they are on the right track.

Comment

Spin it as a positive.

You started out 7-0 and went to a bowl game.

That can be a recruiting tool leverage.

Comment

First winning season since 2016, I think they are on the way up. Need to be more consistent from week to week, which I think will come from bringing in more good players.

Comment

Looks like the 26 year old ECU coach is the real deal. I hope he's applied at WT.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    Looks like the 26 year old ECU coach is the real deal. I hope he's applied at WT.
                    Their head coach is only 26? Dang, good for him. And a good win for East Central.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X