Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwestern State to FCS, Sul Ross to LSC, UTGRV adds football?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwestern State to FCS, Sul Ross to LSC, UTGRV adds football?

I know there are other threads but combining all of those here for an article written today.

The Blitz: UTRGV releases budget numbers for football. Is Midwestern State moving to FCS and Sul Ross moving to the LSC? (texasfootball.com)

It's gonna take a lot more than the Wichita Falls chamber of commerce wanting them to move up to make that happen. Such a weird article to write. I saw him say in another post that the MSU admins don't want to. Such click bait.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      It's gonna take a lot more than the Wichita Falls chamber of commerce wanting them to move up to make that happen. Such a weird article to write. I saw him say in another post that the MSU admins don't want to. Such click bait.
      Only thing I could think of is that the new MSU president gave such a rah rah speech which included in her speech about the possibility of a new stadium that they might be trying to capitalize on that.

If you would have told me 10 years ago that the LSC would lose ACU, IW, Tarleton, and Commerce to D1 I wouldn't have believed you then.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
        Looks like everyone is moving up or improving while West Texas sits idle year after year with a avg at best football team.

Comment

I get the feeling that ASU is thinking that FCS may be the only option in the near future. I know they have done 2 studies in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
            I get the feeling that ASU is thinking that FCS may be the only option in the near future. I know they have done 2 studies in recent years.
            My opinion only, no inside information, but I think ASU feels they would like to stay in D2, but if others close to them (WTAMU, Midwestern, TAMU-Kingsville, etc) make the move, then their hand will be forced and they will have to follow those schools.

I personally like D2 for ASU. I have no desire to play money games against Tech, UT, A&M and other P5 schools. However, at least in FCS there is a defined championship format in which they could potentially complete, (Cover your ears ASUPops) but all the other sports will never see championships again. They might win a one-off game like ACU did against UT in basketball, but I would rather see all of the sports potentially compete for national championships.

Comment

I don't believe they have the correct number of men's/women's sports either for D1. 9-10 years ago we were told it wasn't going to happen until we got a baseball team and a football stadium on campus. Not sure how true that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Only thing I could think of is that the new MSU president gave such a rah rah speech which included in her speech about the possibility of a new stadium that they might be trying to capitalize on that.

If you would have told me 10 years ago that the LSC would lose ACU, IW, Tarleton, and Commerce to D1 I wouldn't have believed you then.
                I agree with that statement. ACU was not good the year before they went D1 in 2012 but was dominant in years prior. IW was always bad, and Commerce was a complete joke until the Carthel resurrection in 2013. Tarleton was always good with an off year here and there. But obviously there's more involved when moving up then just recent on the field success... haha.

Completely off topic but from a player's prospective the 2012 to 2013 Commerce transformation was literally like playing a 2022 SFU one year and a 2022 CWU the next. Such a drastic transformation with a little Carthel bounce back magic.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

My opinion only, no inside information, but I think ASU feels they would like to stay in D2, but if others close to them (WTAMU, Midwestern, TAMU-Kingsville, etc) make the move, then their hand will be forced and they will have to follow those schools.

I personally like D2 for ASU. I have no desire to play money games against Tech, UT, A&M and other P5 schools. However, at least in FCS there is a defined championship format in which they could potentially complete, (Cover your ears ASUPops) but all the other sports will never see championships again. They might win a one-off game like ACU did against UT in basketball, but I would rather see all of the sports potentially compete for national championships.
                  That is what I was referring to. The last thing I want to see is ASU going D!.

Comment

MSU-Texas is not going anywhere.

Comment

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2022...adium-edinburg

Good read on where the UTRGV program is and when its launch date is.

Comment

Did Sul Ross end up getting votes to move to the LSC?

Comment

With Sul Ross joining the Lone Star, would a UT-Tyler football team be enough to keep the lone star from having to play the GNAC every year?

Comment

Originally posted by D2Assassin View Post
                            With Sul Ross joining the Lone Star, would a UT-Tyler football team be enough to keep the lone star from having to play the GNAC every year?
                            Trying to kick us to the curb already?

Comment

Lol nothing but respect for the gnac schools and the ball they play (especially that MLB #44) but buying plane tickets every year can’t be feasible for everyone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X