Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Conference Awards

The LSC All Conference Awards have been released. Needless to say, there are some interesting selections, most notably, the LSC named MJ Link as the Offensive Player of the Year. Angelo State didn't get the Defensive Player of the Year slot. How does the number 1 defense in the conference not have the Defensive Player of the Year. Major disrespect by the LSC.
    Last edited by Hayden Fox; 11-17-2022, 12:51 PM.

They may have some hardware to soothe the disrespect in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
      They may have some hardware to soothe the disrespect in a few weeks.
      Don't disagree but for the individual players, the recognition for a job well done should be acknowledged. Nothing against Link and Parnell, they are both excellent players, but they aren't the players of the year for the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayden Fox View Post
        The LSC All Conference Awards have been released. Needless to say, there are some interesting selections, most notably, the LSC named MJ Link as the Offensive Player of the Year. Angelo State didn't get the Defensive Player of the Year slot. How does the number 1 defense in the conference not have the Defensive Player of the Year. Major disrespect by the LSC.
        I expected to see Daron Allman from ASU to be the Defensive Player of the year. But, as ASUPops has said over and over, there are not a lot of superstars on the ASU team, just good, hard-nosed, tough team players, and. that shows on the 1st and 2nd team selections (8 on offense and 10 on defense), not to mention a few other honorable mentions.

But Girsch did get the Coach of the Year award.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

I expected to see Daron Allman from ASU to be the Defensive Player of the year. But, as ASUPops has said over and over, there are not a lot of superstars on the ASU team, just good, hard-nosed, tough team players, and. that shows on the 1st and 2nd team selections (8 on offense and 10 on defense), not to mention a few other honorable mentions.

But Girsch did get the Coach of the Year award.
          AMEN!!! Can't think of a more deserving coach!!

I know I have said this 1,000 times, but had it not been for Dr. May, Girsch would not be the HC at Angelo. Dr. May recognized the superb talent he is and rightfully took a shot on him. Again, I will never forget that conversation!

Girsch could be a HC at another university right now. Thank goodness Dr.May did what he did.

Comment

Here's the link to the awards:

https://lonestarconference.org/news/...-revealed.aspx

Comment

ASU's defensive doesn't really allow for any one player to really stand out. Girsch has emphasized that on several occasions. At one RAM Club meeting he said not to expect a lot of individual honors on the defensive side.

Comment

Don't disagree but for the individual players, the recognition for a job well done should be acknowledged. Nothing against Link and Parnell, they are both excellent players, but they aren't the players of the year for the conference.
                Wait, I thought they were named players of the year for the conference? Parnell led the conference in tackles (I don’t see Allmam listed in top 25) and sacks (Allman second) Sure, that’s not everything but it’s a lot. Excellent player.
                Last edited by SPWOU; 11-17-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

I thought they were players of the year for the conference? Parnell led the conference in tackles (I don’t see Allmam listed on top 25) and sacks (Allman second) Sure, that’s not everything but it’s a lot. Excellent player.
                  Link is a WR who had 749 yards receiving (led conference) on a team that was 5-6 (4-5 LSC).
                  Parnell is a LB who had 78 total tackles (didn't lead the conference) and 5.5 sacks (didn't lead the conference) in conference on a team that was 6-5 (5-4 LSC).
                  Sorry, I respectfully disagree, but these 2 players are not Players of the Year players.

Link had a very good game vs ASU 5 receptions 191 yards receiving and 2 TDs, but lost 34-21.
                  Parnell had 7 total tackles and 2 sacks vs ASU, but lost 30-7.

They just aren't Player of the Year player. All Conference players? Absolutely!!!

Just my opinion...I don't have a dog in the hunt, but just have a hard time believing that the most dominant team in the conference isn't awarded with the POY awards.

Comment

Link is a WR who had 749 yards receiving (led conference) on a team that was 5-6 (4-5 LSC).
                    Parnell is a LB who had 78 total tackles (didn't lead the conference) and 5.5 sacks (didn't lead the conference) in conference on a team that was 6-5 (5-4 LSC).
                    Sorry, I respectfully disagree, but these 2 players are not Players of the Year players.

Link had a very good game vs ASU 5 receptions 191 yards receiving and 2 TDs, but lost 34-21.
                    Parnell had 7 total tackles and 2 sacks vs ASU, but lost 30-7.

They just aren't Player of the Year player. All Conference players? Absolutely!!!

Just my opinion...I don't have a dog in the hunt, but just have a hard time believing that the most dominant team in the conference isn't awarded with the POY awards.
                    Not sure where you are getting your stats from but this site (D2 football.com) shows Parnell #1 with 94 tackles - 8.5/game (conference only games as that’s apples to apples comparison) and 8.5 sacks (.77/ game).
                    Articles I’ve seen state the same.
                    Keep in mind these are individual not team awards and cover the season not one game.

You’re entitled to your opinion but you know what they say about opinions.
                    Last edited by SPWOU; 11-17-2022, 06:22 PM.

Comment

The stats you are referencing are his full season stats. The stats I’m referencing are his LSC stats.

I’m aware these are individual awards but you have to factor in the team outcome for awards like these.

You are right about opinions and that’s what makes message boards entertaining. The art of the debate is alive and well.

Comment

Parnell had 10 tackles -- 7 solo -- and a sack vs. a very good FCS team in Weber State. The games I saw him in he was dominant. Against Angelo State he had 7 tackles, including 3 for a loss of 9 yards, and two sacks. In his only other non-conference game he had 6 tackles vs. Lincoln, an average game for him. So outside of Lincoln and including Weber State, yeah, he had the most tackles in the conference. A St. Louis Cardinal player just won the NL MVP. His team did not win the World Series of the NL pennant. These are individual awards. Angelo State was by far the best team.

Comment

The stats you are referencing are his full season stats. The stats I’m referencing are his LSC stats.

I’m aware these are individual awards but you have to factor in the team outcome for awards like these.

You are right about opinions and that’s what makes message boards entertaining. The art of the debate is alive and well.
                          Ah, I see, I saw ‘conference only stats’ and thought that’s what I was viewing. Didn’t realize I had to hit that to see Conf only, my bad. So, Parnell is #2 in Conf for tackles, Allman not in top 25. Sacks Parnell is #5, Allman #2.
                          So Parnell’s full season stats include current #10 FCS Weber State and a bad D2 Lincoln and ASU played a bad D2 school in Chadron and a very good D2 school in CSM

Individual awards period end of story. Team outcome is not a factor. Otherwise you’re saying anyone on SFU is not eligible for any awards.

Comment

Btw, I never mentioned Allman as my choice or any specific ASU player for that matter. I’m making the point that I don’t believe either of these two should have been POY. I probably have less of an issue on Parnell than I do with Link being named.

Comment

Btw, I never mentioned Allman as my choice or any specific ASU player for that matter. I’m making the point that I don’t believe either of these two should have been POY. I probably have less of an issue on Parnell than I do with Link being named.
                              OK, so you disagree with the choices but you don’t propose or defend an alternative? Lame stance IMO.
                              Put a stake in the ground and defend it, I can respect that. It’s easy to be a critic with no stance.
                              Imma back player on ‘my’ team ‘cause he’s an excellent player and a great kid from a great family and has stats to back it up. GO JP!
                              Last edited by SPWOU; 11-17-2022, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X