Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Man Up. Who"ll Be The New WT HC?

I wouldn't want WT to fade from sight on here, so I thought I'd get this started.

Jimbo Fisher after the last game of the season is completed.

Comment

I wonder if WT would try to go after Matt Williamson who was just let go at Missouri Western

Comment

Kelly lee....haha
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Jeff lynn....
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

In all seriousness I hope the next hire has successful head coaching experience.

I do not want to see another assistant coach hire unless they are under a future successful WT head coach.

Comment

Josh Lynn?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                Josh Lynn?
                Why would he leave metro-area Kearney for 250,000 population Amarillo-Canyon?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Why would he leave metro-area Kearney for 250,000 population Amarillo-Canyon?
                  Metro area Kearney??? 😂

Comment

I’ve heard from a reliable source that Jack Welch is very interested in the job.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                      I’ve heard from a reliable source that Jack Welch is very interested in the job.
                      God forbid.......PLEASE!

Comment

If I was McBroom, I would be making the call to Adam Dorrel over at Central Oklahoma. Has a career 82-13 record in D2 with 3 national championships

Comment

No doubt there will be a lot of coaches interested due to the great facilities and fan support. However, getting a good coach hired might prove difficult especially when he learns about Wendler and his desire to cut 90+ scholarships across WT athletics. Also the new coach will probably be expected to continue with a high graduation rate, gpa and player discipline off the field. When Hughes was hired, he was told to clean up the mess that Carthel/Nesbitt left in those areas. He did that and still got axed.
                          If the new coach can handle all that, this is the ideal job.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffAlum99 View Post
                            If I was McBroom, I would be making the call to Adam Dorrel over at Central Oklahoma. Has a career 82-13 record in D2 with 3 national championships
                            Why would he leave Central Oklahoma for WT? That seems more like a downward move than a lateral move. WT does not seem like the plum job it might have been 6 years ago. At this time, I doubt WT could match Dorrel's UCO salary.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                              No doubt there will be a lot of coaches interested due to the great facilities and fan support. However, getting a good coach hired might prove difficult especially when he learns about Wendler and his desire to cut 90+ scholarships across WT athletics. Also the new coach will probably be expected to continue with a high graduation rate, gpa and player discipline off the field. When Hughes was hired, he was told to clean up the mess that Carthel/Nesbitt left in those areas. He did that and still got axed.
                              If the new coach can handle all that, this is the ideal job.
                              No one knows if WT has a budget problem. All I hear are unfounded and unconfirmed rumors.

However, 90+? Don't think so. If WT fully-funded all their sports, that would be @132 scholarships. A 25% across the board cut, for example, would still leave 100 scholarship. The question becomes where those scholarship $ are spent. Do you cut across the board? Do you protect your MAJOR sports? Those are decisions the AD must recommend and implement.

If WT must reduce scholarships to 100 here's what I would do:
                              Football: 36
                              Men's BB: 10
                              Women's BB: 10
                              VB: 8
                              SB: 7
                              Wom Soccer: 9
                              Wom T&F: 12
                              Wom Golf: 4
                              Men Soc: 0
                              Men's Golf: 0
                              Baseball: 4

That's how I'd do it and comply with Title 9. Protect our top revenue sports-the 5 at the top of the list.

Hopefully, no budget woes exist and our AD won't have to make those decisions. Hopefully, unfolded rumors are untrue.

This opens things up to a larger discussion: is it time for new leadership and a new direction? Will new leadership have the vision necessary to marshal the support for WT to make the next step.......FCS D1.

I know that sounds strange. It would follow, if you can't support D2 how can you support D1? Personally, I believe D2 is dying. Do we Continue to play the WNMU's (yes I know we lost) and (future) Sul Rosses or the ACU's and SFA's? You have to ask the right questions. Where will WT be in 20 years? Where does it need to be? Ask those same questions about athletics. I see it as D1 or D3. Those questions and that decision should have been made 5 years ago. I don't see D2 as viable. Do we go D1 or do we become D3 and play MHB, Hardin-Simmons, Howard Payne, Trinity, Austin College, Southwestern (Georgetown), et al?

ACU, Incarnate Word, Tarleton, Commerce made the decision and haven't looked back. Will WT? The ground beneath WT's feet is shifting. For ASU, too. We all better take head.
                              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-22-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X