Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Bailiff…Go West…to another A&M??? Or am I just the King of Wishful Thinking?

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...ill-not-return

Comment

I have to agree with Chip. I used to be all about D2, but D2 isn't what it used to be. I love small school ball don't get me wrong, but WT really has no business playing a lot of these tiny schools. There is very little fan interest. WT needs to get into a conference with old rivals, regardless of what division it is. ACU, Tarleton, Commerce. And love to see some games with SFU, SHSU, Lamar. I would make an effort to travel to go and see those teams play in Canyon. I won't do it to watch WT play Texas College. And I mean no offense to Texas College. But come on.

The immediate concern about who the new football coach is is really secondary. Our concern is that the WT athletic program is largely subject to whims of the revolving door of presidents. The last one was very pro-athletics. This one, I don't know that he's anti-athletics, I just think the guy is an academian and nothing else. That's really too bad for the school. It is unfair to the supporters of WT.

I think Chip is on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
        The source for 90 was highly reliable. I hope it doesn’t happen. That being said, Wendler is not an advocate for college athletics. Any talk of D1 is wishful thinking as long as he is the WT pres.
        Sorry to say this, but the new FB coach may be very disappointed in what McBroom can offer. This is not McBroom’s fault either.

I think a lot of people are acting as a human shield for the president, and it ain't pretty. Jobs and careers are being lost. He is decimating programs at WT, running around telling high school kids to "go to junior college first, it's cheaper." I know of people in nursing at WT that are furious about it. They are losing students due to this b.s. I don't get the math. The WT president is basically out bad-mouthing WT for freshmen and sophomores, while WT pays his salary. That's really clever of him.

I think a lot of people are acting as a human shield for the president, and it ain't pretty. Jobs and careers are being lost. He is decimating programs at WT, running around telling high school kids to "go to junior college first, it's cheaper." I know of people in nursing at WT that are furious about it. They are losing students due to this b.s. I don't get the math. The WT president is basically out bad-mouthing WT for freshmen and sophomores, while WT pays his salary. Cute.

The football coach - was he good or bad? I don't know. Has the school been cutting his knees off behind the scenes? If WT admin is screwing the pooch, do athletics boosters, advertisers, and season ticket holders know that? Is that fair to them? Nope. Seems like a lot of dishonesty and unfair dealing here.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Why would he leave metro-area Kearney for 250,000 population Amarillo-Canyon?
          Is Amarillo now 250k when I left it was around 150k

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
            The source for 90 was highly reliable. I hope it doesn’t happen. That being said, Wendler is not an advocate for college athletics. Any talk of D1 is wishful thinking as long as he is the WT pres.
            Sorry to say this, but the new FB coach may be very disappointed in what McBroom can offer. This is not McBroom’s fault either.
            Have to agree where has the University gone since Wendler has been there in fact , I graduated in 1978, enrollment was around 8000 now all these years later just 10,000 new leadership all around.. all these schools smaller then WT moving to D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
              I have to agree with Chip. I used to be all about D2, but D2 isn't what it used to be. I love small school ball don't get me wrong, but WT really has no business playing a lot of these tiny schools. There is very little fan interest. WT needs to get into a conference with old rivals, regardless of what division it is. ACU, Tarleton, Commerce. And love to see some games with SFU, SHSU, Lamar. I would make an effort to travel to go and see those teams play in Canyon. I won't do it to watch WT play Texas College. And I mean no offense to Texas College. But come on.

The immediate concern about who the new football coach is is really secondary. Our concern is that the WT athletic program is largely subject to whims of the revolving door of presidents. The last one was very pro-athletics. This one, I don't know that he's anti-athletics, I just think the guy is an academian and nothing else. That's really too bad for the school. It is unfair to the supporters of WT.

Herb you are right on track for sure. I use to drive from Phoenix to Amarillo to see games under Carthel. Now way am I driving to see Texas College , or That canadian school they just lost to or OPS come on ,, Buffs can be competitive against our old rivals.. ACU, Lamar , Commerce etc. why not join the WAC.. We have a new stadium and nothing to show for it. How bout a President that supports academics and sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                https://post.futurimedia.com/kgncam/...sten-2621.html

Lance Lahnert had Michael McBroom on his show yesterday and discussed football decisions etc
                Thanks for posting, enjoyed hearing the interview

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  Ignore me. Back to basics.

So, who's gonna put his hat in the ring for the WT job? Who's on McB's list of coaches he'd like to hire? Who should he hire if he had the chance? Who will hem most likely target? I have no idea.
                  How about David Bailiff?
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                    I’ve heard from a reliable source that Jack Welch is very interested in the job.
                    I guess he was trying to get off of a sinking ship before it goes down. Too late now.
                    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post

Have to agree where has the University gone since Wendler has been there in fact , I graduated in 1978, enrollment was around 8000 now all these years later just 10,000 new leadership all around.. all these schools smaller then WT moving to D1.
                      It's closer to 9K now, as Wendler's "go somewhere else or at least stay off campus" recruiting plan is working!

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Yep I agree as well. In the future I do believe it's going to be a D1 vs. D3 decision.

If they do go D3 at least the WT administration will be transparent about cutting funds in athletics.

Its hard with a straight face to promote a D2 home schedule that will have Sul Ross followed by Simon Fraser.

ACU and Tarleton are doing decent so far in football and basketball.

The transfer portal will affect every team and level.

Texas A&M-Commerce top receiver just entered the portal.

Comment

Baliff out at Commerce.

NEWS: David Bailiff won't return as head football coach at Texas A&M Commerce (texasfootball.com)

Comment

From Cory Hogue at DCTF

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title
                            • A name to watch in the Buffs search for a new head coach is former UIW defensive coordinator Justin Deason. Deason spent three seasons at WT as a position coach and special teams coordinator under Don Carthel and the defensive coordinator during Texas A&M-Commerce national title run in 2017 under Colby Carthel.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yep I agree as well. In the future I do believe it's going to be a D1 vs. D3 decision.

If they do go D3 at least the WT administration will be transparent about cutting funds in athletics.

Its hard with a straight face to promote a D2 home schedule that will have Sul Ross followed by Simon Fraser.

ACU and Tarleton are doing decent so far in football and basketball.

The transfer portal will affect every team and level.

Texas A&M-Commerce top receiver just entered the portal.
                              Let’s be the largest D3 school in the country so we can play Langston and Taber College every Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post

Is Amarillo now 250k when I left it was around 150k
                                According to census Amarillo is now 200,000 plus change. Add in Canyon and surrounding area. 250,000 within 30 miles. If you go within 45 miles of Amarillo you're looking at @300,000.
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-23-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X