Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: SFA TO JOIN UT SYSTEM

https://www.ktre.com/2022/11/29/subc...-texas-system/

This a very interesting move. I know the WAC has plans to move up to FBS at some point. But not sure new Big Daddy would like that, at all.

I'm impressed that they get to keep their name!

I'm sure you know but others may not that SFA won the WAC in football.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      https://www.ktre.com/2022/11/29/subc...-texas-system/

This a very interesting move. I know the WAC has plans to move up to FBS at some point. But not sure new Big Daddy would like that, at all.
      They don't seem to have a problem with both UTSA and UTEP, and now UTRGV starting football at D1.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

ACU came in second....
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

They were 6-5 on the year. Played 4 WAC games and won with a 3-1 conference record. HARDLY impressed. They are a mediocre team at best. Angelo beats them and possibly 2 other LSC teams.

There is little separation, if any, between WAC, Southland, and LSC teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

ACU came in second....
            With a 7-4 record. 3-1 conference.

SFA was 5-5 & ACU 7-3.both with 3-1 conference records. Then they played a "Conference Championship" game, and SFA won. SMDH.

In my opinion, WAC is a joke!

Comment

They were 6-5 on the year. Played 4 WAC games and won with a 3-1 conference record. HARDLY impressed. They are a mediocre team at best. Angelo beats them and possibly 2 other LSC teams.

Yeah, not that thrilling but they won.

Comment

Are there any more "stand alone" state-owned universities left in Texas which are not affiliated with UT, A&M, Tech, Texas State, UNT or UH? I know that Midwestern State affiliated with Texas Tech within the last year, so there can't be that many left.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                  Are there any more "stand alone" state-owned universities left in Texas which are not affiliated with UT, A&M, Tech, Texas State, UNT or UH? I know that Midwestern State affiliated with Texas Tech within the last year, so there can't be that many left.
                  One of the articles I read about this said one, but didn't say which one.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                    Texas Southern University (FCS, SWAAC), which is an HBCU in Houston is the lone remaining stand-alone public university in Texas.

Comment

Good for SFA! I've said this before over the years and continue to believe the UT system takes more interest in their system schools vs A&M or any of the others who have been in the system business over a long period of time.

Comment

Yeah, not that thrilling but they won.
                        Won what?

I won my Madden Super Bowl. That's more impressive in my opinion. 7070707

Comment

707070!

That really did make me laugh!

Comment

Ok pops I agree with most of your comments, but that last sentence is delusional.

The 2nd place LSC team would be sizeable underdogs to most other second place D2 teams much less against the WAC and Southland teams.

I will agree that Angelo would play most of the WAC and Southland close.

I have seen Incarnate Word play and they would blow Angelo State out of any stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Ok pops I agree with most of your comments, but that last sentence is delusional.

The 2nd place LSC team would be sizeable underdogs to most other second place D2 teams much less against the WAC and Southland teams.

I will agree that Angelo would play most of the WAC and Southland close.

I have seen Incarnate Word play and they would blow Angelo State out of any stadium.
                              I have to give UIW a ton of credit. No one thought they’d be worth a hoot when leaving the LSC due to the fact they didn’t have any real success in the conference. Their football facilities are good for a 4a/5A school, but not the best for FCS. Always wondered why they just didn’t play their home games across the highway at Alamo Stadium, aka The Rockpile. Here they are kicking tail in FCS, but they just lost their coach to Texas State. Good luck to that guy. Texas State has been a rebuild project now for something like 20 years or more and has gone through four or five coaches including bringing back a former coach in Coach Fran and none of it worked.

All of this done in the shadow of UTSA building their program into a nationally recognized brand and I’m sure sucking all the media coverage away from the Cardinals .

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X