Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good move for SFA. The enrollment at the school has been stagnant for some time now. Seriously don’t know even if this will help the school grow as East Texas has been bleeding population for years. High Schools that were once 4 A & 5A in the day before 6A are are now 2A, 3A & 4A which would be lower a classification under the old system. One HS that was 4A is now 1A Clarksville. Daingerfield once 4A is now 2A are just a few examples but it’s area wide.

I read where UT offered 5 times more than than A&M. Will be interesting to see what changes are made at the University once the Legislature approves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      This is a good move for SFA. The enrollment at the school has been stagnant for some time now. Seriously don’t know even if this will help the school grow as East Texas has been bleeding population for years. High Schools that were once 4 A & 5A in the day before 6A are are now 2A, 3A & 4A which would be lower a classification under the old system. One HS that was 4A is now 1A Clarksville. Daingerfield once 4A is now 2A are just a few examples but it’s area wide.

I read where UT offered 5 times more than than A&M. Will be interesting to see what changes are made at the University once the Legislature approves it.
      Have a feeling those towns will slowly grow population again with all the out of staters retirees coming in looking for a cheap (for now) place to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I have to give UIW a ton of credit. No one thought they’d be worth a hoot when leaving the LSC due to the fact they didn’t have any real success in the conference. Their football facilities are good for a 4a/5A school, but not the best for FCS. Always wondered why they just didn’t play their home games across the highway at Alamo Stadium, aka The Rockpile. Here they are kicking tail in FCS, but they just lost their coach to Texas State. Good luck to that guy. Texas State has been a rebuild project now for something like 20 years or more and has gone through four or five coaches including bringing back a former coach in Coach Fran and none of it worked.

All of this done in the shadow of UTSA building their program into a nationally recognized brand and I’m sure sucking all the media coverage away from the Cardinals .
        Yeah they beat Nevada this year and Texas State last year on the road. They just narrowly lost to SE LA on the road.

Agreed I thought they would be a whipping boy but like ACU they are both having success and in other sports.

Being a private school doesn't hurt but shows what you can accomplish when the athletic department and coaches are motivated to have a winning program especially as you pointed out with UTSA sucking out the oxygen.

Must be nice (hint WT and Kingsville administration).

On another note, congrats to Coach Carthel on winning another championship at a higher level. That guy just might end up at a FBS school before his coaching career is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Have a feeling those towns will slowly grow population again with all the out of staters retirees coming in looking for a cheap (for now) place to retire.
          Very doubtful

Comment

Ok pops I agree with most of your comments, but that last sentence is delusional.

The 2nd place LSC team would be sizeable underdogs to most other second place D2 teams much less against the WAC and Southland teams.

I will agree that Angelo would play most of the WAC and Southland close.

I have seen Incarnate Word play and they would blow Angelo State out of any stadium.
            I stand 100% by my comment.

As far as UIW, remember when 99.9% of this board ridiculed and laughed at them. Talked about how they would never be successful and would flop???

Here's a towel for each Nostradamus understudy to wipe the egg from their face!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

As far as UIW, remember when 99.9% of this board ridiculed and laughed at them. Talked about how they would never be successful and would flop???

To be fair, UIW has been the exception rather than the rule because they didn’t have any success at D2. Most of the schools who moved up over the years and have been successful in FCS in short period were carrying that over from D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

The last sentence is pretty telling.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

To be fair, UIW has been the exception rather than the rule because they didn’t have any success at D2. Most of the schools who moved up over the years and have been successful in FCS in short period were carrying that over from D2.
                  Other than UIW, who moved up and is successful? I don't see any other former LSC team in the FCS playoffs.

Comment

ACU 34, Western New Mexico 7.

There is your separation.

The score and results would be similar with most LSC teams.

Yep I took an egg in the face for that one. IW was a warmup game for WT 10 years ago.

If IW and ASU were to play each other next year I would bet the mortgage and retirement on IW. That's how confident I am in the separation there.

Comment

Very doubtful
                      10 years ago peeps would have laughed at the idea of population increasing in west Texas (Amarillo and Lubbock) and here we are. West Texas is far less desirable than East Texas.

Comment

Yep I took an egg in the face for that one. IW was a warmup game for WT 10 years ago.

If IW and ASU were to play each other next year I would bet the mortgage and retirement on IW. That's how confident I am in the separation there.
                        And here I thought you knew football.

You certainly could lose your home & govt retirement. It would be a toss up for sure!

Comment

10 years ago peeps would have laughed at the idea of population increasing in west Texas (Amarillo and Lubbock) and here we are. West Texas is far less desirable than East Texas.
                          Well, in general the world's population is growing at an unbelievable pace, so SURE you might fet a few more people in rural areas. But a SURGE of growth like Austin, DFW, Houston, San Antonio?? NEVER. NEVER.

Comment

SFU 46, WTAMU 14

Is this the same type of separation?

Asking for a friend.

Comment

With a 7-4 record. 3-1 conference.

SFA was 5-5 & ACU 7-3.both with 3-1 conference records. Then they played a "Conference Championship" game, and SFA won. SMDH.

In my opinion, WAC is a joke!
                              Well WT cant even beat a canadian team that was winless

Comment

And here I thought you knew football.

You certainly could lose your home & govt retirement. It would be a toss up for sure!
                                Toss up after today? Nope. Lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X